Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday 4th December 2021

(50 Posts)
Michael12 Sat 04-Dec-21 05:58:26

Good Morning Everyone,
A dark start as usual, and no doubt cold outside here in brackley .
Mind you I feel sorry for those who got caught with the storm, and have lost power .
Todays plans bus to Buckingham ,and then Bicester maybe return home direct or go back to Buckingham .
My sister is visiting today and staying over , so we can put the Xmas wreaths on graves .
Take Care,
Mick

monk08 Sat 04-Dec-21 08:41:06

Good morning all from the Black country, sunny outside so may chance putting the washing out.
DH has his fishing presentation tonight so it's a busy day for us, as he is the club secretary we have the trophies to sort and arrange at the club. The entertainment rang Wednesday evening to say she had problems and couldn't make it, so just hoping the rearranged one is as good?.
Will catch up later washing finished and full English calling.
Enjoy your Saturday and may you all find some ?.

Jaxjacky Sat 04-Dec-21 08:41:37

That’s odd gM? Perhaps it’s so much you’ll get a personal visit ?
Lovely news about your Spanish neighbour Urms.

grandMattie Sat 04-Dec-21 08:45:23

photo of famous mince pie... the mincemeat is home-made too, from a lovely reciepe on GN!

grandMattie Sat 04-Dec-21 08:46:16

Yes, it is odd, Jax. Personal visit? I should be so lucky!

Oopsadaisy1 Sat 04-Dec-21 08:47:51

Good morning everyone from a bright and sunny ( but wet from overnight rain) Oxfordshire.
It’s all a bit stressy at the moment so I’ve been reading everyone’s posts, but didn’t want to be a killjoy by adding my sorrows.
Anyway, hopefully things are looking up.
Have a good day everyone and virtual hugs for those in need of one.

multicolourswapshop Sat 04-Dec-21 08:51:35

Good morning all from a gorgeous cracking sunshine sunshinehere on the east coast of Fife.

That’s the sun rising over the North Sea.

Himself had a good 9 hrs sleep last night, fingers crossed we might get out for a wee drive in the car. My mornings are full of energy these days. I’m now waiting for the army to come give me my remaining vaccines. I do like a man in uniform winksmile

Enjoy your weekend you lovely people hugs to those who are unwell and worryingflowers

monk08 Sat 04-Dec-21 08:51:36

grandMattie I'm not a lover of mince pies but looking at those you persuade me they look delicious ??

Nannagarra Sat 04-Dec-21 09:04:28

Good morning from the Sefton coast.
A trip to the green grocer is on my “to do” list as I plan to make Mediterranean veg and a lasagne; if the fish man is nearby I’ll buy some scallops. I won’t linger as it’s windy and intermittently raining here. Definitely it’s a day to spend time in the kitchen (or anything really to avoid Kitchener stitch).
Not yet up to speed with your busyness, I hope you all have a good day.
???

Greyduster Sat 04-Dec-21 09:04:51

Good morning, Michael and all GNs from South Yorkshire where the weather is bright and cold this morning. I had a shocking night as a result of this cold, with a fever that finally broke in the early hours. It has now settled on my chest. I can’t remember the last time I had anything that could be called a proper cold. I don’t think I will be in any hurry to get up this morning. DH got the Christmas stuff out of the loft yesterday and it will now clutter up the spare bedroom until we can summon the energy to put it all up! I think it will be a pared back version of deck the halls this year. No plans today - I will see how the day unfolds.
Have a good day, one and all.

GrannySomerset Sat 04-Dec-21 09:06:00

Bright sunny morning to match my mood - DS is coming to see DH and will stay overnight so we can talk through finances. I think I know what to do in the longer term, but good to share things I think. DS is sensible and won’t be emotional, very helpful in the circumstances. Need to do something about meals but currently uninterested in food (a good thing).

Sorry Marydoll is feeling so fragile and hope for better news soon. Dollie’s visit will be a tonic on more than one level.

Grandmabatty Sat 04-Dec-21 09:12:59

Good morning all. It's 4° and clear in Polmont but my windows are misted up so the temperature must have dropped quickly overnight. Grandmattie your mince pies look lovely. Mine come out of a box! Marydoll I hope you recover your Joie de Vive soon. Urms that is good news about your erstwhile neighbour. She was on my mind at times, alone in Spain without you to help.
Yesterday I visited dd. She looked so white and tired, poor thing. SIL had taken the day off and was managing the boy wonder but neither of them looked much better. I felt sorry for them. I went to Tesco for them for some necessities and ended up buying some Christmas stuff for me. Then a hurried rearranged visit to the chiropodist in the afternoon.
Today I will make the Christmas soup and freeze it, write cards and wrap presents as I'm going nowhere. Chicken and ham in a cream sauce with pasta for tea. Have a good day all.

BlueSapphire Sat 04-Dec-21 09:21:01

Good morning everyone from a bright and sunny Northampton, 3°C outside. Woke at about 6.45, but stayed in bed snuggled up listening to Radio 5, and next thing I knew it was 8.30 and I had both cats leaping onto the bed! Just sitting with a mug of steaming hot tea reading everyone's news.

Bought a nice Christmassy top yesterday in Sainsbury's, but trying it on at home found that the neckline doesn't sit quite right, so will pop back on Monday to try and exchange it. (If they have any in my size left).

DD came after her riding lesson and we popped up to DD-in-law's to deliver her birthday presents. Spent a pleasant half-hour chatting to her and the DGDs. DS was in bed asleep as he is on night-shift this week.

A hotpot to prepare for the slow cooker this morning as I am off to watch rugby this afternoon. Will be taking a blanket and wearing my thermals! A bit nervous today as we are playing a team that hasn't won a match yet this season, and of course they have nothing to lose. Will wear my team shirt and lucky socks.....

Thinking of all feeling poorly or down, and hoping they find a flamingo to brighten their day.

Auntieflo Sat 04-Dec-21 09:22:27

Good morning Mick,Annie and all. It is now sunny here, but has been wet, and is definitely warmer!
Yesterday I had a Face to Face with the oncologist. I could hardly understand a word, as he is very accented and the mask didn't help. The appointments were running late and I had a blood test booked, so I suppose I was getting a bit anxious. Anyway, I came back to oncology reception, with a promise of seeing the Dr who I know and like, and promptly fell over. I don't know how, as I didn't trip, but the attention I received was marvellous. Ending up with me being taken by ambulance to hospital. Because I am on blood thinners and had a large lump on my forehead, I had to have a scan and an X- ray of my ribs. All was well and son in law came to collect me in his car and took me home. Had a reasonable sleep, but am stiff and a bit sore.
So, Friday was a wash out really, and we shall have a peaceful weekend.
Sending warm and gentle hugs to all who need it.
Have a good day one and all.

Urmstongran Sat 04-Dec-21 09:28:05

Hey grandMattie if you do get a ‘visit’ from the premium bonds people just remember - I’ve always been your friend, even when you had ‘nowt’.
????

Anniebach Sat 04-Dec-21 09:29:56

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Auntyflo sending you love and hugs x

Maria59 Sat 04-Dec-21 09:37:47

grandMattie you may have more luck if you try Lush as they have lots of bath things

Blossoming Sat 04-Dec-21 09:44:48

Good morning Mick and everybody. I’m still in bed, drinking my morning tea. We had a very late night.

It’s raining heavily in my corner of Lancashire. Currently 6°. My plans for today are a little sewing, physio exercises and cycling (indoors).

Stay safe and warm all ??

LauraNorderr Sat 04-Dec-21 09:56:31

Good morning all from a very blowy Anglesey. The sky is a very dark, purply blue, very stormy looking.
Enjoy the time spent with your sister Mick, very precious.
Hope you’re feeling better soon Grey and anyone else feeling poorly or down in the dumps, especially you Auntieflo that fall must have shaken you on top of everything else.
Good to see lots of support to bring back EV and the growing total for Soops appeal. Reinforces ones faith in ones fellow humans. There are some extraordinary folk on gransnet and I wish you all at least one random ? every day.

multicolourswapshop Sat 04-Dec-21 10:27:51

It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Gwenisgreat1 Sat 04-Dec-21 10:29:46

Good Morning all from sunny Harrogate - just had a short rain shower
Nice for you to have your sister with you for company Mick where does she live?
Sorry you have been feeling low GrandMattie hope you 'pick up' soon.
Talking of Knaresborough it's a stones throw from here but I shan't have time to go to the Christmas Market, pity or I might have bumped into you, GrandmaDinasaur. This morning I have to make 3 fruit crumbles and this pm I shall have to cook our evening meal early because we are going to see Andre Rieu at 7pm.
Good to see you back Marydoll sorry you've been feeling grim, Dollie will sort that!!
Scentia where do you get your energy from? It's sadly lacking here!
Have the best day you can folks

Kalu Sat 04-Dec-21 11:23:25

Good morning all from a very wet Glasgow. Thankfully I have no need to go out so lamps on in dull corners and busy doing not much could be the plan for today once I have made a pot of chowder.

Those mince pies are mouthwatering GrandM. one or two would go down a treat with my elevenses coffee break.
A présent I bought for DG1 at that age was a light fresh perfume for girls in Zara.

If anyone can lift your spirits Marydoll it’s Dollie. Enjoy your day with another chatterbox. ?

Sorry to hear you had such a rotten night Greyduster. If this lingers in your chest too long it may be necessary to speak to your GP should antibiotics/steroids become necessary to clear it. Hope you feel better soon.

Pleased to hear your son is arriving to lend a helping hand GrannySomerset. I’m sure you will enjoy his company too.

Lovely to hear your sister will be visiting Mick

Wishing a pleasant day for all and hopefully a glimpse of light at the end of the tunnel for those of you coping with struggles and worries.

aggie Sat 04-Dec-21 11:42:20

Good Day , bit late on parade here !
It’s lovely and bright here , I am in the throes of card making , middle son was in for a minute , I said maybe I should buy cards , his response was that it gave me something to do !
Hope your son helps ease your problems GrannySomerset , but I hope you are eating , I know it’s boring cooking for one but you need to look after yourself
I hope you are a bit better today , and that Dolly cheers you up Marydoll
A lot of hopes there , but I don’t know how else to convey my best wishes xxx

Stilllearning Sat 04-Dec-21 11:57:44

Morning (just) from very sleety bit of S Lanarkshire. Marydoll, Auntieflo, Greyduster and others, hope the day improves for you.

grandMattie, every day will be such hard work for you just now, you’re doing so well. Remember many people are silently supporting you through this time.

Kalu, your post was a godsend, Zara it is!

Wishing everyone a good day ???

GrannyGravy13 Sat 04-Dec-21 12:42:38

Morning all

Late again, in my defence I have popped down to local butchers, have got pots of ragu and chilli con carne on the hob simmering (2 kilos of each) which I shall freeze later.

Now loading the washing machine, then I shall order a couple of more gifts online and wrap the gifts I have whilst watching naff Christmas films…

Have glanced at the thread and noticed Marydoll is poorly, please rest.
grandMattie I get the tearfulness, be gentle on yourself.
I have been steadfastly avoiding all media for this week and inadvertently walked in whilst DH had a news item on Arthur, I have been tearful ever since.

Keep safe and well folks, hold your nearest and dearest close ??‍♀️