Gransnet forums

Chat

Harry’s ‘pop’ at Charles

(316 Posts)
Bluebellwould Mon 06-Dec-21 11:46:10

Harry has apparently had another pop at his dad this time regarding the payment for honours debacle. Harry seems to keep on attacking Charles and I wondered if there might be a particular reason for this. In all of the multitudinous reports on their estrangement I haven’t seen anyone wondering if H is doing this because he believes/knows Charles is not his dad. I am not suggesting that is true but it may be his ‘truth’ as others have put it. Perhaps it would go some way to explain his seeming lack of belonging. Just musing on a grey day, please feel free to wade in or not as the case maybe.

maddyone Mon 06-Dec-21 12:54:10

I don’t care who he’s descended from, as I said earlier, I just want him to be quiet. It strikes me he’s something of an attention seeker. Why does he think we’re all interested or even care about his upbringing? There are lots of children who have a terrible childhood. Think about little Arthur. Harry was privileged and loved. He has little to complain about in my opinion.

Alegrias1 Mon 06-Dec-21 12:59:58

Sorry maddyone but that made me laugh. The only reason anybody has any interest in him at all is because of who he is descended from. grin

trisher Mon 06-Dec-21 13:05:23

Lot's of sons have a go at their fathers. In this case it seems Harry is justified. Perhaps he's just drawing attention to the fact that the RF do this whole duty/honour/service thing whilst they are simply using their status for their own ends. It must be pretty awful to be the one castigated all the time because you chose to walk away from a corrupt self serving institution, you know is rotten, and be blamed for doing it.

Kamiso Mon 06-Dec-21 13:08:50

Grany

Recently Prince Charles was also embroiled in cash for access allegations, while he and his family remain protected by layers of official secrecy.

"There needs to be complete transparency for royal lobbying and royal finances, because at the moment we have no idea what influence Andrew, Charles or William are having on governments and on whose behalf."

"Royals have unique access to the highest levels of government here and abroad, as well as complete secrecy surrounding what they do and say behind closed doors."

"There needs to be an urgent investigation into royal lobbying and cash for access, starting with Prince Andrew."

"And we need an overhaul of freedom of information laws so people can find out what the royals are saying to ministers, and on whose behalf."

Charles wasn’t embroiled! It was one of his advisors who has now been dismissed.

Do you spread unfounded malicious gossip about your neighbours as well?

Casdon Mon 06-Dec-21 13:09:53

Is he being castigated because he walked away from the institution though, or because he is constantly seeking publicity and/or the money that goes with it?

SueDonim Mon 06-Dec-21 13:10:47

If Prince Harry is concerned about his ancestry, he could take a DNA test for a few quid and find out one way or another. Of course, if it transpired that he isn’t Charles’s son then he’d have to give up all his rights and privileges, so maybe he needs to be careful of what he wishes for.

Fwiw, which is precisely nothing, grin I think he is Charles’s son. I saw a photo of Prince Philip as a young man and Harry is his double.

Alegrias1 Mon 06-Dec-21 13:14:10

I think he's working for Boris.

Whenever Boris wants to divert attention from his latest attack on democracy, he gets Harry to say something pretty innocuous that takes up column inches in the red tops and gets all the royalists and traditionalists angry, so that Boris's work on his project to end democracy in the UK slips through almost unnoticed.

This is my truth. ?

henetha Mon 06-Dec-21 13:20:59

grin grin grin alegrias1

maddyone Mon 06-Dec-21 13:21:06

Alegrias yes, your response made giggle too. I know it’s only who he’s descended from is the issue grin
Just want him to shut up.

Anniebach Mon 06-Dec-21 13:21:25

trisher Harry accepted £50,000 from the same man

SueDonim Mon 06-Dec-21 13:22:08

My truth is that I get all my news about the Sussexes from GN because I don’t seem to read about it anywhere else. grin

maddyone Mon 06-Dec-21 13:24:32

trisher it’s not the walking away from his family that’s the issue, for me anyway, it’s the fact that he won’t be quiet.

grannysyb Mon 06-Dec-21 13:26:08

I know a black doctor with a white wife with two adopted mixed race children. When they were adopting the second child, the social worker offered a colour chart! He found it quite funny, and as he said you can't tell what colour mixed race children will be. IMO asking what colours child will be is no different from asking what colour eyes or hair will be.

Alegrias1 Mon 06-Dec-21 13:26:10

SueDonim

My truth is that I get all my news about the Sussexes from GN because I don’t seem to read about it anywhere else. grin

But how do you manage that SueDonim? They're everywhere, everywhere you look. shock

Oh no, wait.... wink

mokryna Mon 06-Dec-21 13:28:34

I am waiting impatiently for my 6th grandchild (not in the near future).
I often wonder what colour eyes they will have. Oh dear is that wrong? I really don’t know know..

Bluebellwould Mon 06-Dec-21 13:34:28

I think Harry is Charles’ son, what I was trying to say does H think he isn’t and is therefore causing friction with his relatives. I think it is very sad that he is so estranged from them. I’m sorry for Charles that he hasn’t had much of a chance since he married Diana to have a life without turmoil of one kind or another.

SueDonim Mon 06-Dec-21 13:39:07

Now you’ve made me scared to go out, Alegrias for fear of seeing Harry stuff everywhere I go. ? I’m only got about 50mls of milk though so do I chance it?? Maybe I’ll wear blinkers to keep my eyes on the straight and narrow. grin

Alegrias1 Mon 06-Dec-21 13:40:09

SueDonim

Now you’ve made me scared to go out, Alegrias for fear of seeing Harry stuff everywhere I go. ? I’m only got about 50mls of milk though so do I chance it?? Maybe I’ll wear blinkers to keep my eyes on the straight and narrow. grin

I'm just popping down to WHS. I'll have to keep my eyes closed while I'm in there shock

Grany Mon 06-Dec-21 13:52:03

Kamiso

Grany

Recently Prince Charles was also embroiled in cash for access allegations, while he and his family remain protected by layers of official secrecy.

"There needs to be complete transparency for royal lobbying and royal finances, because at the moment we have no idea what influence Andrew, Charles or William are having on governments and on whose behalf."

"Royals have unique access to the highest levels of government here and abroad, as well as complete secrecy surrounding what they do and say behind closed doors."

"There needs to be an urgent investigation into royal lobbying and cash for access, starting with Prince Andrew."

"And we need an overhaul of freedom of information laws so people can find out what the royals are saying to ministers, and on whose behalf."

Charles wasn’t embroiled! It was one of his advisors who has now been dismissed.

Do you spread unfounded malicious gossip about your neighbours as well?

Charles has been reported to met police by two to look into his possible involvement in cash for honours.

An investigation into the cash for honours scandal that hit the Prince's Foundation has found that Prince Charles' right hand man of 40-years, Michael Fawcett, DID conspire with fixers to offer a Saudi billionaire a knighthood and British citizenship in exchange for donations.

What they've not done is investigate or comment on Prince Charles's involvement in this shabby affair. How does Fawcett acquire honours or meetings with Charles without Charles's knowledge and help?? Chris Ship.

Charles has promised to talk to police.

maddyone Mon 06-Dec-21 13:56:47

SueDonim blinkers on and ear plugs in. You should get away with it.
Alegrias WHS, you’ve no chance there, you’ll be bombarded with the sights and sounds of Harry grin

SueDonim Mon 06-Dec-21 14:00:32

I’ve come up with the best defence system - I’m going to wear a brown paper bag over my head! Simple and cheap though I must remember to remove it when driving. ?

Dickens Mon 06-Dec-21 14:09:51

AGAA4

Much as I don't like like Harry I don't think there should be conjecture about who his father was ...or wasn't.
As it's nearly Christmas I'm wishing on a star that Harry and Meghan will stop popping up on the news. Some of us have had enough of these two.

As it's nearly Christmas I'm wishing on a star that Harry and Meghan will stop popping up on the news. Some of us have had enough of these two.

Can I timidly tell you why I think they keep popping up on the news?

It's because every time the media prints column inches about H&M and allows comments, there are hundreds - sometimes even thousands - of them. Same with social media - post an article about the couple, and the comments fire in, again sometimes thousands of comments.

You could forgive the papers for believing that the public is obsessed with them.

If there's little to no interest in the topic, the media will stop publishing so many articles about the couple. They print what sells - and H&M are good copy.

merlotgran Mon 06-Dec-21 14:19:13

Apparently Harry is now saying that, 'Quitting work can be good for your mental health because many people around the world have been stuck in jobs that don't bring them joy.'

I did that and it brought me a lot of joy. It was called Retiring! grin

Do grow up, Harry!

Calistemon Mon 06-Dec-21 14:25:42

SueDonim

Grocery deliveries and online shopping is the answer, SueDonim

Oh - wait a minute, our delivery driver has red hair and bears a remarkable resemblance to you-know-who! Forging a new life with Waitrose grin

Calistemon Mon 06-Dec-21 14:26:51

merlotgran

Apparently Harry is now saying that, 'Quitting work can be good for your mental health because many people around the world have been stuck in jobs that don't bring them joy.'

I did that and it brought me a lot of joy. It was called Retiring! grin

Do grow up, Harry!

Some call it redundancy and don't have a rich Daddy to fund them.