Gransnet forums

Chat

Harry’s ‘pop’ at Charles

(316 Posts)
Bluebellwould Mon 06-Dec-21 11:46:10

Harry has apparently had another pop at his dad this time regarding the payment for honours debacle. Harry seems to keep on attacking Charles and I wondered if there might be a particular reason for this. In all of the multitudinous reports on their estrangement I haven’t seen anyone wondering if H is doing this because he believes/knows Charles is not his dad. I am not suggesting that is true but it may be his ‘truth’ as others have put it. Perhaps it would go some way to explain his seeming lack of belonging. Just musing on a grey day, please feel free to wade in or not as the case maybe.

luluaugust Mon 06-Dec-21 14:28:07

I am sure Harry's red hair comes from the Spencers but what fun to think it has turned up from Henry V111 sister.!

nexus63 Mon 06-Dec-21 14:28:54

children will always have a pop at their parents when they feel left out even if they are adults, some siblings always feel that other family members are loved more than them, as for parentage i think if there had been any doubt they would have done a dna test, the red hair is nothing, in scotland you could have a child with red hair because granny had red hair or as some people here call it ginger hair.

Bridgeit Mon 06-Dec-21 14:29:06

Ohh I do feel for them all, ……my children do not particularly look alike however they have inherited bits & bobs of looks from various family members going back through generations … I do try to have a joke or two., but it does become a little tedious at times….
Time to drop this speculation. Do you really think that they wouldn’t know if there was anything to know.?

Calistemon Mon 06-Dec-21 14:31:29

Like Josh Widdicombe! Or was he descended from Henry VIII but the wrong side of the blanket?

Josianne Mon 06-Dec-21 14:32:05

merlotgran

Apparently Harry is now saying that, 'Quitting work can be good for your mental health because many people around the world have been stuck in jobs that don't bring them joy.'

I did that and it brought me a lot of joy. It was called Retiring! grin

Do grow up, Harry!

Has his statement on mental health just been released today? There's a surprise, seeing as his elder brother's podcast on the subject has just been released today.

Mapleleaf Mon 06-Dec-21 14:32:26

I think that Prince Harry bears a strong resemblance to his Father, Prince Charles, particularly the eyes (similarly fairly close set on the face), and the nose.

Nannashirlz Mon 06-Dec-21 14:40:05

Well the puppet master did same to her father so why shouldn’t the puppet follow suit. Harry is a total disgrace to his family and this country. I mean what they are putting our Queen and his dad though at the ages they are is disgusting. When both gone and he can’t mend the bridges and when she is done with him he’s going to be one lonely bitter spoiled man

sodapop Mon 06-Dec-21 14:44:34

I think it's unnecessary to keep on dragging up this hoary old tale. Same old theories trotted out time and again.

Bridgeit Mon 06-Dec-21 14:45:26

I don’t quite understand your post Nannashrlz?

Lucca Mon 06-Dec-21 14:47:07

Bluebellwould

I think Harry is Charles’ son, what I was trying to say does H think he isn’t and is therefore causing friction with his relatives. I think it is very sad that he is so estranged from them. I’m sorry for Charles that he hasn’t had much of a chance since he married Diana to have a life without turmoil of one kind or another.

Why would he think that ?
Honestly these threads get more daft

Luckygirl3 Mon 06-Dec-21 14:58:39

Well - Harry loved his mother deeply and lost her at a young age. He knows his Dad treated her appallingly so he has no reason to love or respect him. He has every right to "spit bile" - Saint Charles, who will at some point be our monarch, is a deeply flawed person, and this has not escaped Harry's notice.

His flaws could of course be the result of his own father - maybe Harry can see this and is putting a distance between the two of them - and who could possibly blame him?

Anniebach Mon 06-Dec-21 15:04:03

Never seen proof of Diana’s claims, yet some believe her.

Calistemon Mon 06-Dec-21 15:06:17

Saint Charles, who will at some point be our monarch, is a deeply flawed person, and this has not escaped Harry's notice.

Compared to St Diana, without a flaw, placed on a pedestal by a son who lost her at a young age and has probably created an ideal in his mind.

Anniebach Mon 06-Dec-21 15:16:05

She placed herself on a pedestal, considering what she said publicly one wonders what she told her children.

trisher Mon 06-Dec-21 15:23:56

I think the British public put Diana on a pedestal. Especially when she died. It can't have been easy growing up with parents like Charles and Di, both of them damaged, waging war on each other, and much of it all over the papers. I wonder if Harry suffered at school because of it? No matter how protected he was boys have a way of getting at anyone who is different,

Anniebach Mon 06-Dec-21 15:32:13

Charles was bullied at school, quite possibly Harry was too.

Cold Mon 06-Dec-21 15:32:54

Harry seems to be having a monumental teenage tantrum at the moment. He seems stuck in the past: angry at the Queen, Charles and his brother yet still using their names, titles and his mother for attention.

He needs to look forward for the new life that he chose with Meghan in the US - yet he seems to be regressing and angry instead.

He needs to be careful otherwise this could come back to haunt him (given that his wife has accepted expensive jewellery from a Saudi Businessman). The racism thing as well given his past. He needs to stop lecturing and being a hypocrite and start doing his own thing without relying on the Royals

Alegrias1 Mon 06-Dec-21 15:35:58

à propos of nothing... I read that Diana used to sing to William when she was taking him back to school in the car. It used to make him less anxious about going away to school, he said. I'm sure not sending the poor little fella off to boarding school in the first place would have made him even less anxious. confused

Baggs Mon 06-Dec-21 15:43:46

MerylStreep

There is no genetic link from Henry V111 to our queen.

Any links via Diana's family?

Baggs Mon 06-Dec-21 15:50:27

luluaugust

I am sure Harry's red hair comes from the Spencers but what fun to think it has turned up from Henry V111 sister.!

Fun indeed! ?

Germanshepherdsmum Mon 06-Dec-21 15:59:23

Harry’s first problem was that he was the spare. He married his second problem.

Sparklefizz Mon 06-Dec-21 16:18:19

Apparently Harry is now saying that, 'Quitting work can be good for your mental health because many people around the world have been stuck in jobs that don't bring them joy.

Online people are saying "How would he know?"

Ladyleftfieldlover Mon 06-Dec-21 16:22:47

You won’t find much news about H&M in the Guardian or the i. I have always thought Harry’s main gripe against Charles is the way he treated his mother. I imagine William feels the same way. IMHO I think Andrew is causing far more problems than H&M.

Anniebach Mon 06-Dec-21 16:32:45

Charles allegedly treated his mother

Calistemon Mon 06-Dec-21 16:41:52

Baggs

MerylStreep

There is no genetic link from Henry V111 to our queen.

Any links via Diana's family?

I think Henry VIII was the Queen's 14X Great-Uncle.

He's probably my DD's somethingX Great-Uncle too as she has red hair!! grin