Gransnet forums

Chat

Why aren't people social distancing anymore?

(102 Posts)
JaneJudge Tue 07-Dec-21 07:46:37

Ok My study is very small.

At work we are spread out but there are times when we cannot social distance if we need to physically work together on something or similar but for the main we are working 2 meters or more apart. No masks though.

Petrol station queue, everyone was less than 2m apart. varying degrees of mask wearing. Station on very busy A road (North to South)

Vaccination centre, the dots on the floor were not even 2m apart, let alone the people in the queue. All wore masks.

Sainsburys last night was quite busy, again no SD at all. Various people either stood right next to me or reach over me for things. No one even bothered to SD in queue. Everyone was wearing masks.

I don't know why I have added the mask wearing BUT isn't the most important thing to still social distance? Why are people not doing it? Why does someone desperately need to touch a blouse next to a T-shirt I am looking at or similar?

I know people may like to post what it is like by them wink but has the social distancing advice changed?

M0nica Mon 13-Dec-21 06:55:49

I have noticed that more and more people have clothmasks.

I went to a socially distanced concert last night in a large airy church, with the doors wide open. I did not see one disposable mask, everyone had cloth masks.

I suspect that those still using disposable masks are putting them in their waste bins. The virus particles will only last a relatively short time away from a human host. and there will not be enough human tissue on them to lead to the proliferation of bacteria, so it is probably no more dangerous thn disposing of paper tissue you have blown your nose into.