Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday 12th December 2021

(56 Posts)
Michael12 Sun 12-Dec-21 06:05:02

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark , but also dry here in Brackley at the moment.
Yesterday, was Bicester only with the bus for Buckingham running late
Today a quiet day in , plenty to do .
Spoke to my sister ,she will go to Canada next week, they paid £40 to have a PCR ,and hope next year to go on a cruise subject situation.
Take Care,
Mick

Purplepixie Sun 12-Dec-21 12:38:39

A bit late here today but its lovely and sunny but cold from East Midlands.

Scentia Sun 12-Dec-21 12:37:31

LadyGaGa
Yes it is, I am very excited as it comes with great recommendations.

Maria59 Sun 12-Dec-21 12:21:32

Welcome back Ena Sharples glad to see you.

EkwaNimitee Sun 12-Dec-21 11:52:45

I was wondering if you would come back Ena . Glad to see you have. Keep posting!

Gagagran Sun 12-Dec-21 11:25:22

Reported

Jaxjacky Sun 12-Dec-21 11:23:40

Reported

iceberg123 Sun 12-Dec-21 11:11:54

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk guidelines.

EllanVannin Sun 12-Dec-21 10:23:55

Good Morning All x.
How mild it is out there---it can't be good for you really but I won't complain while it lasts. I was awakened by the fog-horns going, on the river, and looked out and sure enough a real haunting scene along the road. It's all but gone now and the sun's out.

I was about half an hour or so chatting to my next door neighbour who was having a delivery at the time, and she's been ill ( negative tests ) and found it hard to breathe, then coughs with struggling to breathe. Not Covid ? Mmmm.

Chicken for dinner here too, as I use up what seemed to have been a freezer full of it smile Never mind. I enjoyed my chicken Korma yesterday, it went down a treat.

I need to do some serious tidying up before I even think about decorations, though they'll be fewer again as I didn't bother last year, just a couple of lighted twigs. It was like Christmas Day in the workhouse, or Scrooge's office. grin

Hope everyone has a decent sort of a day and thoughts to those who aren't feeling festive one way or another.
A corner shop visit shortly is in order as I need more milk.
Stay well everyone and keep safe. xx

LadyGaGa Sun 12-Dec-21 10:17:58

Hi Scentia. is that Bluebell Dairy in Spondon? I only live five minutes away and have had some lovely times there. My DS taking his daughter with his ex (DGD mum) and her daughter next week (complicated situation so keeping out the way grin!

Kalu Sun 12-Dec-21 10:07:43

Good morning all from a very mild Glasgow. So mild in fact that I had my kick start espresso al fresco. A small pleasure but such a lovely start to the day, so peaceful and a pleasant change to get outside for some fresh air.

Sorry to hear you are feeling down today notgran. Days like this just appear out of the blue. If your day consists of watching a film or reading a book, so be it. A bit of escapism may help to lift your mood and make your day a bit brighter. Hoping your down day has completely lifted now Baubles
I do hope your DD will be on the mend and home soon Gingster?
Hoping all is well with you GrannySomerset.

Last race of the Grand Prix season which I will be glued to today which promises to be a thrilling event.

Best wishes for a pleasant, peaceful Sunday for all.

Jaxjacky Sun 12-Dec-21 09:56:58

Urms, goodness!

Jaxjacky Sun 12-Dec-21 09:56:22

That’s good to read GrannySomerset and obviously cheered you.
Meant to say, thank you Urns for posting the Matt cartoons, always produce a wry smile.

Auntieflo Sun 12-Dec-21 09:46:32

Good morning Mick, Annie and all.
GrandMattie, our Church was having masks on only for singing, but not sure what they will do today.
Yesterday I had a bit of an energy surge, so made mince pies, two chicken and ham pies and a fruity ginger cake. I did have to have a break after the pastry fest though, and this morning my back is very achey, even though I used my perching stool.
Hope you feel better soon Flossiebo.
Go easy on the snowlympics Scentia
Sending warm and healing thoughts to all with aches and worries.
Have a good day one and all.

GrannySomerset Sun 12-Dec-21 09:43:53

What a busy thread. I am impressed that so many of us function so well first thing - not me, though. Lots of tree decorating, card posting and general getting ahead, something I am really struggling with.

Had a really good visit to DH yesterday. He was quite with it most of the time and largely intelligible so that was very cheering. I never know quite how he will be, so I take a day like yesterday with gratitude.

Must get ready for church and then later do battle with the printer which is sulking. I really don’t want to hand address all those Christmas card envelopes. Wishing everyone the best possible day.

Urmstongran Sun 12-Dec-21 09:43:46

39 posts in front of me! ?

If I read them first it’ll be lunchtime, so I’m posting & will read at my leisure later.
?

Good morning everyone from south Manchester where is dry and mild. I slept in a bit as I didn’t get home from my book club Christmas meal until midnight which is late for me these days! A great evening though and the meals we had were gorgeous.

The Grand Prix for Himself at lunchtime so he’s peeling veg for dinner with my stepfather later and will pick him up at 4pm. I’m making roast pork, with all the trimmings as I just fancied a ‘proper roast’ this weekend. A bit extra faffing but it’s my stepfather’s favourite meal and he’s worth it. We will be in the bar downstairs first but I’ll just have the one and leave them to have another half whilst I come up in the lift and get the roasties in. Clever eh?
?

Have a lovely Sunday all who can. Here’s Matt.

monk08 Sun 12-Dec-21 09:41:11

Good morning all from the Black country, dry with a small amount of sun so have put some washing out.
A chilled day today may wrap a few more presents.
Bought some fresh scallops so will go posh and do a starter before the roast beef dinner.
Welcome any newbies and virtual hugs where needed, enjoy your Sunday everyone and may you all find some ?.

GrannyGravy13 Sun 12-Dec-21 09:27:00

Morning Mick and all

The Imp was awake just after 5.30am so we are all rather tired in Gravy Grange!!

It’s cloudy but mild here in S E Essex.

Gingster sending a (((hug))) to you and your DD, hope she is discharged soon.

It will be a pottering day here, the 6yr old has requested roast pork so that is our Sunday dinner sorted.

Keep safe and well folks ???

LauraNorderr Sun 12-Dec-21 09:26:28

Good morning Mick and all from grey and wet Anglesey, warmer though and much less windy for now.
Lots of phone chatting with friends last night and a long call with my hilarious uncle who has a real scouse sense of humour.
Sorry your daughter has to stay in hospital a while longer Gingster and hope the antibiotics do their job soon.
Sorry you are feeling low Flossie, hope you find some small thing to smile about and lift your spirits.
Thank you EnaSharples and welcome back. I hope you stay on this kind thread.
Glad you are feeling a bit brighter baubles.
Pink flamingos all round ???

Aldom Sun 12-Dec-21 09:22:56

Grammaretto

Good morning from the Scottish Borders where it is mild & quiet. DD's birthday today.
It always takes me back to the day she was born when DH brought me a bunch of roses from our garden!
I won't see her, unless virtually.
Hope you all have a happy day whatever you do .

Grammaretto flowers
I understand how you are feeling today flowers

Gagagran Sun 12-Dec-21 09:20:58

A late Good Morning to everyone! I was up at 5.30am so have no excuse really for my late appearance except to say I have been catching up on things!

This afternoon I am going to a Christmas concert by my old choir in aid of the RNLI. It will be good to see - and hear them and I suspect there will be other non-returners in the audience. I decided to take a break given the pandemic and with all the restrictions around choirs and also because of DH's health issues. Really looking forward to it and am wearing a festive top (plus mask) to make sure it gets its annual outing!

The cards are written and will be posted today too apart from the neighbours' ones which will be hand delivered.

Hope the day is a good one for us all. sunshine

harrigran Sun 12-Dec-21 09:20:23

Good morning from a mild NE.
Yesterday was a difficult day, I had pain in my neck and shoulder all day making it uncomfortable to lift anything.
Family came after eldest GD had her vaccination, she is a needle phobic so wouldn't have it done at school.
DS is talking about next year's holiday and getting a cottage booked, he is including me in arrangements even though I told him I am not up to the type of outdoor activities that they do.
Today I am hoping to sort some cupboards out before DD returns this evening.
Have a good Sunday.

Grandmadinosaur Sun 12-Dec-21 09:19:20

Good morning from a grey East Yorkshire.

Yesterday we went into the city centre and cracked in with shopping. We have a new “Artisan” food hall and eatery in on the ground floor of what was a 3 storey department store. It’s a great idea and I hope it will be a success. We loved it.

Today we are restocking with wine and fizz for Christmas. Then this afternoon we are joining the family for GS to do a meet with Santa at a local restaurant. He’s very excited. Yesterday they told me he was talking to Santa on Alexa and telling he had a baby sister now and she’d like a dolly. Aah my heart melted ?.
Hope your DD will improve soon gingster
Thoughts to all with worries etc.
take care all

Blossoming Sun 12-Dec-21 09:18:51

Good morning Mick and everybody. It’s cloudy and calm in my corner of Lancashire, currently a balmy 11°C. No real plans yet again for today. The usual physio exercises and cycling (indoors) later.

Wishing you all the best possible day. Healing thoughts to all who are under the weather. ???

Mapleleaf Sun 12-Dec-21 09:12:22

Good morning from a rather grey, dismal looking South Yorkshire.
I needed to pop into the nearby town yesterday and it was lovely to see and hear the Salvation Army band playing Christmas carols - it always marks the start of Christmas for me, and sadly, last year they were unable to perform, so it seemed extra special this time.
DH and I made a start on putting up the Christmas trees yesterday, so today they will be dressed with all their decorations. I’ve been gradually trimming up all week, but almost done now.
Well, I’d better get on. Take care.

hollysteers Sun 12-Dec-21 09:11:33

Good morning Mick and all from a dull northwest coast.
I’m off to spend a day with friend in one of my favourite cities Chester soon. Instead of driving as usual, I’m taking the train. Longer but more laid back.
Frustrating trying to organise presents online yesterday, my PayPal got stuck on one, so don’t know what happened there and an M&S hamper addressing went awry, will have to start again. I have also mislaid my Bluetooth speaker for concerts, left it somewhere…
The best thing about yesterday is I moved all my shoes and boots from a side hallway on to shoe stands in the spare bedroom out of the way.
Thoughts to anyone with worries and hope you have a good day.