Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday 12th December 2021

(55 Posts)
Ashcombe Sun 12-Dec-21 06:44:49

Good morning, one and all from a dry and balmy Torbay where it’s 12 degrees!

Another busy day for you, Scentia; such energy! Good luck with the snowlympics! Those books sound like great presents for the children, grandMattie. You must feel so relieved about DS1’s travel plans and the support from his surgeon.

Yes, I am also wondering how church will be this morning. Our family service attendance was just beginning to pick up after the lockdowns so I hope our younger folk aren’t deterred by the latest news.

Yesterday, I finally made a start on putting up some decorations. Today the tree will be allowed out of its box and I expect I’ll have fun (!) putting it together. It’s a slim tree as befits the limited space here.

Sorry you're feeling down, Flossiebo and hope reading the greetings on here will lift your spirits.

Have a blessed Sunday, dear friends. ?????

Flossiebo Sun 12-Dec-21 06:36:32

Morning all.
Having a 'down' day today, so won't linger, just wanted to check in and wish you all a warm and peaceful Sunday.

grandMattie Sun 12-Dec-21 06:24:58

Good morning from a dark, wet E Kent.
Had a busy day yesterday printing out the little books. I wrote them with DGS in mind. He is a superhero who flies into Bible stories and finds things out without changing the text. I showed one to the Sunday school leader who is a retired vicar and she asked me to make copies to give the children as presents.
Spoke to DS1 I. India. His plans to come home for Christmas are in hand. He should be here this time next week! ? To his amusement, he’s been given a certificate by his surgeon for the metal detectors at airports, about thee pins in his hand ?
Church this morning - I wonder how this sitting with masks on and singing with masks OFF will work out. Very silly IMHO.
Roast chicken for dinner.
Carpe diem ,my dear virtual friends. Look after yourselves, stay safe, and I hope today brings a random ?or even a whole flamboyance ???

Scentia Sun 12-Dec-21 06:18:33

Good Morning Mick and all to follow from here in East Staffordshire where it is dry and feels mild.
I am in need of food in the house so I will have to go and do a food shop this morning. After lunch I am off with DD to a Christmas event at a local farm Bluebelle Dairy where we will be taking part in ‘snowlympics’ goodness knows what that will involve but I better come away with a medal?
Now you folks have a good day and smile if you can manage it today❤️

Michael12 Sun 12-Dec-21 06:05:02

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark , but also dry here in Brackley at the moment.
Yesterday, was Bicester only with the bus for Buckingham running late
Today a quiet day in , plenty to do .
Spoke to my sister ,she will go to Canada next week, they paid £40 to have a PCR ,and hope next year to go on a cruise subject situation.
Take Care,
Mick