Gransnet forums

Chat

The Psychology of Mr Johnson: Why does he do as he does?

(34 Posts)
FannyCornforth Mon 13-Dec-21 17:16:40

Hello!
What do you think?
My theory (this afternoon, that is) is that Johnson perceived his father as ‘The King of the World’, and that he is trapped in a cycle of emulation.
Poor bloke, and poor UK

Whitewavemark2 Tue 14-Dec-21 08:21:34

Iam64

Apologies for going off on one and not answering the question. I believe Mr J behaves as he does because he had an emotionally abusive childhood. Warring parents, macho, arrogant, emotionally unavailable father who ‘accidentally’ broke his wife’s nose. A mother who was depressed, emotionally unavailable then - off to the schools that have provided the bulk of our parliamentarians and ‘ruling classes’. A bit like Borsalino really, not designed to turn our secure individuals ….

Yes that is exactly what I would have said.

His character is badly flawed.

Allsorts Tue 14-Dec-21 08:42:53

The scientific evidence has been followed all the way through.The Health Service and volunteers have ensured we get our vaccinations. The evidence is that Covid is transmitted through the air and vaccinations helps prevent it or at least getting it so that it ends your life, there will be exceptions if course. What more do you want to know. I had unfortunately, to use the train yesterday, most of the people were not wearing masks. There are anti vaxers, could be carriers mixing freely. Are we supposed to have a police state?
Tell me who knows better than the scientists we have please, I would like to know.

FannyCornforth Tue 14-Dec-21 09:11:02

Allsorts have you posted on the right thread?
Btw, I agree with your views smile

Smileless2012 Tue 14-Dec-21 10:55:23

That's very interesting Fanny, thanks for responding smile.

Allsorts Tue 14-Dec-21 14:00:47

Sorry about that, wrong forum.
I feel sorry for those bought up as Boris was, I couldn’t believe how that family functioned. Unfortunately, he seems s to have followed his fathers path with his relationships, you have to wonder how his children by previous wives feel. Perhaps with Carrie he will have what he has been looking for, somehow I doubt it.
Not come from a family like his, but better to be poor with love than rich and neglected. It must damage you for life.

flump Tue 14-Dec-21 14:59:48

It's also the assumption they have that, because one wants something, it will, of course, happen and all will be fine with no consequences.

A little example:- Stanley was on the series 'Celebrity Hunted' with his young friend Georgia Topolo (sp?) and wanted to get cash from an atm. She warned him they would be traced because of the tech that the 'hunters' had available to them. He didn't believe this and said it would be alright. Within a couple of days they were captured!

luluaugust Tue 14-Dec-21 15:09:31

Nicely put flump, Boris is a big ideas man who seems to be hopeless with the small details so things are left to other people to sort out. Here the consequences of the call to get a booster jab, not a bad thing in itself, has resulted in the local pharmacist who has been doing a steady job being closed today because he has run out and is waiting for a delivery.

JaneJudge Tue 14-Dec-21 20:37:39

flump, hadn't he also gone to his own holiday home? (Stanley that is)

Wrt the thread, lots of people have trauma early in their lives, they aren't all narcissistic