Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday 15th December 2021

(64 Posts)
Michael12 Wed 15-Dec-21 06:04:22

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark , but its dry here in Brackley this morning .
Today , a small early shop , and I then want to get my jab cards Photostatted so i have all three vacations cards on a copy of A5 paper , so I can show when going to cinema , and other venues in accordance with the law.
I have no android type I phone so showing a copy of the vaccinations is beater than taking out of my wallet in public areas .
Take Care,
Mick

brook2704 Wed 15-Dec-21 08:21:21

So sorry to hear about DS1 and family marydoll what a disappointment to miss the Christmas activities, especially for Dollie
I hope they all recover quickly ?

monk08 Wed 15-Dec-21 08:21:47

Scentia have just looked at my NHS covid pass and there is no expiry date on it, it just says this document is important keep it safe.

Michael12 Wed 15-Dec-21 08:24:04

Found this takes 5 days to get the letter
www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/covid-pass/get-your-covid-pass-letter/
Mick

Anniebach Wed 15-Dec-21 08:37:08

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

baubles Wed 15-Dec-21 08:43:33

Good morning Mick, morning all from damp and breezy South Lanarkshire.

gMattie try to put your feet up for a while today.

Poor Dollie Marydoll, I really feel for the little ones missing the excitement of the days before Christmas. I hope the virus passes the rest of the family by.

Love the elfisolation still, DD has similar plans for theirs. grin

Daft dug has an appointment at the groomers after which I’m going to pick up the very last (she says hopefully) of my Christmas shopping.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day.

harrigran Wed 15-Dec-21 08:53:38

Good morning from a dry and mild NE.
Yesterday was a busy day, I had arranged for a man to come and look at the oven as the door mechanism was broken.
I had been talking to a local dealership about selling DH's car and they agreed to come out and discuss it with me. Typically both people turned up together so there were some disjointed conversations.
Success, the dealership bought the car back and took it away with them. I was worried about it standing over the winter.
SIL and I went shopping and slightly over indulged but we were relieved to have a few more things ticked off the must do list.
Today is going to be a treasure hunt, apparently we forgot to put the WiFi headphones, for the rear seat entertainment, in the car and they would like them for the twin DVD players. We never used the headphones as only GC sat in the back and anyway we all loved to hear Peppa pig at full volume grin
Have a good day.

grandMattie Wed 15-Dec-21 08:55:26

Stillearning,thank you. My poor Dh’s first thought was that our son was found, on his front in the bathroom, having died in the night. Was history repeating itself? It will take us time to recover anD me ages and ages in apologies to poor DH for giving him such a fright. ?

Pittcity Wed 15-Dec-21 08:58:36

Good morning from a grey skied Colchester. That sentence comes up automatically on my phone now.
Another mild dry day.
Usual Wednesday coffee meetup this morning and several bits and bobs to do in town.
Home before dark, which seems to be around 3!
DH has just asked me to get the TV off of Netflix. He has never bothered to learn how to work the remote and only watches what is on TV at the time, but is always complaining there's nothing on confused

Love to all ? x

Jaxjacky Wed 15-Dec-21 09:03:28

What a horrible scare for you both gMattie take today slowly and treat yourselves gently x

harrigran Wed 15-Dec-21 09:05:32

Sending best wishes to GrandMattie and hoping that you can rest today, it is scary when something happens during the night.
Take care everyone.

Urmstongran Wed 15-Dec-21 09:06:12

I’m struggling to post anything I’ve been trying for 45 minutes. I’m trying this short post without the Matt cartoon to see if this much arrives!

EllanVannin Wed 15-Dec-21 09:10:44

Good Morning All x
Still, fine and mild so far. I was up extra early because of an Asda delivery an hour ago.
The driver then said his next drop was to a food bank and I just burst out crying and thinking this is so wrong that many can't afford Christmas. I was so upset after he'd gone.

I'll try and pull myself together, but it's difficult thinking about those who'll be doing without, especially the children of society. I'm also furious too that MP's don't physically see any of this going on, too busy enjoying themselves ! Sorry folks, not a good start to the day sad

Anyway, poor you GrandMattie, take things easy today and get a bottle of soda water to settle the tum.

Grandmadinosaur I can remember donkeys years ago getting a Fortnum's big basket hamper from a firm dad dealt with and one thing stuck in my mind was mum saying " they're mine ", a jar of peaches in brandy grin As a child, I don't think I was particularly interested except in the basket.
I know you'll enjoy the contents.

A bit of washing to do and last of the cards to get off, then a continuation of wrapping. I keep telling myself each year to cut down on everything but it isn't happening----or at least start everything earlier. I never did do as I was told !

D has a phone appointment in a couple of days, with a child psychologist. This should have happened 2 weeks ago but they forgot ( rolls eyes ) D is struggling with another child who doesn't sleep and it's having a knock-on effect with the other siblings. I told her to demand medication, Ritalin or something to give them all some peace. The child herself must feel bad too, hyped up all the time.

I popped into a new local shop yesterday, around the other corner from my regular one and they had a cash machine inside----I was delighted as since our post office closed 18 months ago I 've missed not having cash as I want to tip the postman. window-cleaner and bin men. Plus, they sell stamps too and they said that a post-office will be installed inside next month. I'm over the moon grin

Hoping Marydoll is feeling brighter today and that goes for everyone who's not felt too clever. x

Must get the crumpets now as the tum's making all sorts of noises that I can't hear myself think grin
Have a good day all of you whatever you do and take care. xx

LauraNorderr Wed 15-Dec-21 09:16:01

Good morning Mick and all from dry and bright Anglesey.
Sorry to hear you were so unwell grandMattie and understand perfectly the reason for your poor husbands panic and worry. Hope you both get some rest today
Hope your daughters biopsy shows nothing untoward Sar and that your daughter feels well soon Gingster, longer haul than expected.
Sad for you Beech, a few tears are allowed when we’re disappointed and hopefully the family will be able to travel soon.
Glad to hear that olddudders is on his way back to you Ash.
What a lovely surprise that hamper is Grandmadinosaur.
Meant to say to you yesterday Hollysteers that your picture was beautiful, such talent.
Harrigran glad you got the car sold and gosh who doesn’t love Peppapig at full volume from the back seat.
As we’re coming up to the season of wishing everyone peace and goodwill may I wish peace and goodwill to all for all seasons. ?

LauraNorderr Wed 15-Dec-21 09:19:48

Coming through Urms loud and clear.. Roger..

grandMattie Wed 15-Dec-21 09:21:40

I’m sorry. I’ve been so full of my own problems that I haven’t commented personally to your joys and sorrow. I shall mention two…
Marydoll, you do that my dear. We have spoiled our husbands to our own detriment. Be as much #lazygran as possible. Hope all is well for little Dollie.
Ash, how exciting for you both. Give oldD my regards.
Be assured that even if I don’t mention you in particular I DO think about you, sharing your lives with us. ❤️

GrannySomerset Wed 15-Dec-21 09:28:59

Must be something in the air as I woke up feeling distinctly past my sell-by date and feel great sympathy with Marydoll and grandMattie. A mug of tea and a handful of assorted pills are helping, and I can have an easy day - run through for Sunday’s Carol service and a visit from the chiropodist.

Visiting DH is now by pre-booked named person which is a minor inconvenience. I am glad his nursing home is being meticulous but feel sorry for residents with more than three relatives who would like/have the chance to visit over Christmas. At least there shouldn’t be a repeat of the rampant infection which happened earlier in the pandemic.

GrannyGravy13 Wed 15-Dec-21 09:31:19

Marydoll please be careful ??

EV I have just had crumpets for breakfast with lashings of butter mmmmm!

Gingster I hope your DD feels better having spent the night in her own home and bed

Urmstongran Wed 15-Dec-21 09:32:12

Here’s Matt.

hollysteers Wed 15-Dec-21 09:39:07

Good morning Mick and all from a mild sunny northwest coast.
Hardly in these days, so looking forward to a day at home tomorrow when I can tidy up and do a little more towards Xmas. A friend has printed off my hand drawn cards and I’m very grateful for that. Off to another music practice with my little band. Yesterday was the last meeting before Xmas at the Tuesday music club and went well. I sang the Coventry Carol,one of my favourites, Santa Baby and read The Oxen by Thomas Hardy amongst other things.
Thoughts to grannySomerset marydoll gingster and anyone with worries.
Will read through later.

EkwaNimitee Wed 15-Dec-21 09:41:09

Good morning Mick and all from grey Carlisle where the wind is starting to pick up and the forecast is for rain. Yesterday I took advantage of the good weather and went out in the garden. The length of another border is completed but I intend to widen it...in the New Year when hopefully the muscle of DS2 will be available. I'm taking care of my body now in the run up to Christmas, don't want to risk missing the family gathering.
Today, a bit of housework plus ticking off a little admin and some odd jobs which may include picture etc hanging. So far, everything is still on the walls.
I'm sorry to hear of your 'escapade', grandMattie. Do keep a close eye on yourself and maybe float it past the doc if you don't feel your usual self soon?
The best possible day to you all.

Nannagarra Wed 15-Dec-21 10:09:19

Good morning from sunny Sefton.
I’ve been gallivanting in the Lake District for days. Skimming through your posts, it would be remiss of me not to write back to some posters. (Apologies if I don’t mention you personally.)
What a terrible shock for you and your family Barmey. So very, very sad. ?
I’d like to send a gentle hug and wishes for the best Christmas possible for those young mums undergoing chemo this month. I’m hoping your DiL, LauraNorderr, having had her final session, feels well enough to enjoy Christmas Day and that your DD, Gymstagran, can put thoughts of her appointment to the back of her mind until the 30th. They are such brave ladies.
Have a gentle day, GrandMattie, tended by DrMattie. Please listen to your body and don’t take chances. (Lecture over, but you know I mean well.)
Post-holiday putting away/washing await - oh joy - then DGD to meet from school. Granddad is becoming quite an expert on dolls and music boxes thanks to her. ?
Sending you sunshine, a smile and the sighting of a flamingo. ???

Blossoming Wed 15-Dec-21 10:10:09

Good morning Mick and everybody. Sunshine and blue skies in my corner of Lancashire, currently 9°C. I succeeded in changing the bedroom curtains yesterday, a tricky job involving balancing on the top step of my handy step stool and stretching up. I didn’t manage to get to the post office though. Today’s plan is washing the curtains and hope to get to the post office. The usual physio exercises and cycling (indoors) later.

Wishing you all the best possible day. May all those with worries find some comfort and all who are under the weather find some relief. ???

Blossoming Wed 15-Dec-21 10:15:06

Hope all goes well for your daughter Sar and the results are negative x

EllanVannin Wed 15-Dec-21 10:24:34

How cheerful you ladies are when under duress from poorly family members. If I wore a hat I'd raise it to you all.xx

Hoping all is well.

Gwenisgreat1 Wed 15-Dec-21 10:25:10

Good Morning all from bright Harrogate
Oh! GrandMattie what a fright. Take it easy today and let others 'do' for you - I know that's difficult for a doer, but you have to,
HollySteers it was a beautiful picture you sketched.
You, Marydoll please take care.
Sorry you are having to put off seeing family Beechnut but hopefully Covid will have eased by next summer.
Sorry your poor DD is not feeling too good *Ginster with a bit of TLC maybe she'll feel better soon.
When my DGS was in his last year at nursery, for the Nativity he played the part of Herod. So Herod came on stage, took Jesus out of the manger, dropped him on the floor, divested himself of crown and royal garments, ran off stage to sit on his mum's knee!! Don't think that was quite the story.
Keep well folks, have the best day you can.