Gransnet forums

Chat

Good morning -Boxing Day ? ?

(79 Posts)
MayBeMaw Sun 26-Dec-21 06:09:54

Good morning all!
I hope everybody had the best Christmas Day they could and is ready for part two.
The healthy walk, reading one’s Christmas books at leisure perhaps, lots of lovely left overs and the ham still to enjoy?
Not forgetting those who might be finding it hard though - wishing you a peaceful day.
Hope you are enjoying the IoW Mick ?

Pittcity Sun 26-Dec-21 08:22:25

Good morning from a cold, wet Colchester. Hope it dries up as we really need to get out for some fresh air.

We still have presents under our tree as DD1 got a positive test for Christmas. The family have almost no symptoms but as key workers they test regularly.

We had a simple day yesterday and will survive on leftovers for a while yet. Turkey curry is our Boxing Day tradition.

Love to all ? x

Daisytwoshoes Sun 26-Dec-21 08:29:12

Morning everyone it’s quite Misty here in Somerset
We had a hectic but lovely day with our 2 very excited grandsons yesterday
A quiet day today recovering
Maybe a walk later , weather permitting,
No cooking , lots of cold stuff and leftovers to eat up ,take care and have a good day all .
Thoughts to those with health issues.or are feeling under the weather ?

Alygran Sun 26-Dec-21 08:34:27

Good morning from the High Peak. It’s cold, grey and windy.
DD2 is still asleep. She did an amazing job yesterday, cooking a fabulous Christmas dinner for us and DD1 and family. An afternoon of monopoly (I won!) then supper for us all.
Today we will sort out the leftovers and make some turkey soup. I’m staying for a couple more days.
Have a good day everyone

BlueSapphire Sun 26-Dec-21 08:34:46

Good morning Boxing Day from DD's in East Northants, where it is still raining. So far there's only DD, DD-out-law and me up, and we are just enjoying our first tea of the day and watching tv news. Sad to hear of the death of Desmond Tutu, such a good Christian man.

A lovely day was had by all yesterday, with everyone well pleased with presents and each other's company. Lovely Christmas dinner cooked by DD who had everything under control, and after that a quiet couple of hours before a board game in the evening.

Will be a quieter day today, with sausage butties for breakfast, and then turkey and ham to eat up. Hoping we get to have our annual Trivial Pursuit game; wouldn't be Christmas without it!

Wishing a peaceful and restful day to all.

Sago Sun 26-Dec-21 08:37:06

Good morning from a snowy Middleham, yesterday the racehorses all had antlers on and the riders wore Xmas jumpers!

boat Sun 26-Dec-21 08:51:52

Good morning from a darkish and damp feeling North Warwickshire.

It rained for most of the night. I know because I've been up since 2:30.

A quiet day today. Still recovering from an enormous Christmas dinner. I feel as though I shall never eat again.

Best wishes to everyone.

Nannytopsy Sun 26-Dec-21 08:53:31

Good morning everyone!
That sounds like fun Sago!
We had a busy, noisy day at DS’s yesterday, with a little break in the middle. To make oven space, we bought the turkey crown and parsnips and carrots back here to roast, so had the chance of a quick snooze before we took them back in time for dinner.
Today we shall have our own smaller Christmas dinner for two, so that we can have cold turkey tomorrow. That’s the best bit with pickles and fried mashed potatoes.
I have woken up feeling as if I have a cold. Oh dear, you know what I am thinking!
I hope the day is kind to everyone.

Grandmabatty Sun 26-Dec-21 08:53:56

Good morning all from Polmont. It's wet, breezy and cold at 2°. Snow is hinted at later. It was lovely to see so many posting yesterday. I had a very nice day with family. Mum and brother behaved themselves. Dgs1 was in fine form chatting to everyone. He's been out of sorts and very lethargic and clingy to mum recently. It's understandable because of the new baby but it was worrying. However yesterday he was so obviously enjoying himself.He kept shouting "Happy Birthday and Christmas everyone" at the table which technically is true. ? It wasn't a late night as all visitors were away by six. Ds and I dozed on couches.
Today I will tidy up the mayhem that is my kitchen and later drive D's home. Have a good day all.

Grammaretto Sun 26-Dec-21 08:56:21

Good Morning all from the Scottish Borders.
A lovely day yesterday with good weather, good company and good food.
I hope the littlies are calling in today on their journey home for their presents and to brighten my day.
I didn't get any new books this time only gin but I have more than enough to keep me busy for at least another year.

Hope today, whatever you get up to, turns out good..

Anniebach Sun 26-Dec-21 09:00:07

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Chrissielou Sun 26-Dec-21 09:07:59

Good morning from a very wet dreary looking rural Oxfordshire, it will be another muddy dog walk this morning for us. Lovely day yesterday, with DS2'S family and relaxing in front of the fire in the evening with DS1 and DD1 and GC with video calls with DD2 and GC. My DD1 is facing a very difficult year, she has recently been diagnosed with cancer and faces the start of treatment very soon. We are reeling from the shock as a family, but wanted her and GC to have a wonderful Christmas. Very hard to deal with your children's distress and serious illness.
Hope all have a relaxing Boxing Day!

EkwaNimitee Sun 26-Dec-21 09:15:23

Good morning everyone from rainy Surrey. Maybe this will prevent the forced march DS1 has planned for me?!
A splendid lunch presented by my DDiL yesterday followed by a quiet afternoon as we were all comatose. The evening was spent nibbling at leftovers and watching tv.
A quiet day today I think. I shall start another book.
Wishing you all a pleasant peaceful day.

NannyJan53 Sun 26-Dec-21 09:43:19

Good morning from a dull and damp Black Country

Had a lovely day yesterday. Christmas dinner here with Mum. Then we went over to DD's for tea, fun and games. MrJ organised 2 quizzes, and the DGD's had done a musical one too. Sadly my Brother and his wife felt unable to come as my brother felt unwell. LFT negative but they felt it wise.

Today I am off to DS's who lives near Lichfield, whilst MrJ goes over to his ex's to spend the afternoon with his two girls there.

Sorry your day didn't go as planned Beechnut I am hearing daily of people I know testing positive though!

chrissielou sending you love and a gentle hug, I can only imagine how you all feel. flowers

Mapleleaf Sun 26-Dec-21 09:49:04

Good morning all.

It’s a wet, grey day here in South Yorkshire. I haven’t been outside at all yet, but suspect it’s cold, too.

Hope you all had a nice day yesterday, though sorry to read that some of you had your plans disrupted and had to resort to your back up.

A quiet day in store here, I think. It looks too miserable out there to venture far.

I hope you all have a good Boxing Day, whatever you intend doing. ?

monk08 Sun 26-Dec-21 09:53:34

Good morning all from the Black country where its raining once again.
It was lovely to read yesterday's thread with so many newbies and some old posters popping up but sadly no Girl Friday.
Very tiring but enjoyable day with 6 children under 6 running or crawling around, but Dils family are so lovely it's a joy to be in their company.
Shall start one of my new books I had 5 in total family know how to keep me quiet.
Enjoy your day and may you all find some ?.

Urmstongran Sun 26-Dec-21 09:55:20

Good morning everyone from south Manchester where it’s damp but seems mild out. Quiet here in the town centre. Like a usual Sunday on steroids. Thanks for opening up Maw I loved your description of what constitutes a typical Boxing Day.

I’m joyous as it’s my last day of horrid metronidazole. ?

The Boy Wonder and L’il Miss are off to the pantomime in Manchester at lunchtime. Oh yes they are. Our Yorkshire Lass and her partner are driving over to spend the night. The plan (flow tests to go) is to collect my stepfather at teatime and all of us pile round to the little family’s house for takeaway curries. Easio today-io.

Here’s Matt. Enjoy the day all who can. x

Serendipity22 Sun 26-Dec-21 10:00:01

Good morning everyone. I for 1 had a perfect Christmas day perfect in as much as i spent it with my family and everything was fabulous, laughs, cuddles, fun and most of all togetherness. My son and family live abroad so we vid chatted and i was able to see my grandchildren with their new toys, amazing and wonderful, so to sum up my Christmas day, i was say it was perfect with a capital P.

Today, hmmm I'm not sure. We were going to go for walk, well, walk as in husband walks and i ride on my newly acquired mobility scooter, but a) it will be slippy underfloor for him and b) i don't want the scooter to skid in the snow, slide into the road and end up under the No 32 bus !!!! ( hahahahaha ) but whatever, it will be a lovely day.

I wish everyone a truly fabulous Boxing day whatever you chose to do, who cares - just enjoy it ...thanks

muse Sun 26-Dec-21 10:01:22

Blue Cornish sky has prized me out of bed.
Good morning all Morningsters. ??

Sorry Beechnut that the day was disrupted ?

Welcome to the Christmas Day baby Gingster. ?

After all the rain yesterday , today we will do our coast and beach walk.

Pigs and blankets omelette. Now that sounds perfectly ?☺️

????????? take care all.

Curlywhirly Sun 26-Dec-21 10:02:56

Good morning from Cheshire. We had a lovely day yesterday at our eldest son's house; the grandchildren were in fine form and so excited with their presents. Was handcuffed and chased by our 3 year old 'policeman' grandson on several occasions (why is it always me?) and we were given a gymnastic display by our 7 year old granddaughter trying out her new gym bar in the garden (it was freezing outside, but that didn't seem to deter her!) Needless to say we watched from the comfort of the dining room! We got home about 9.00pm and settled down to watch Love Actually, which, believe it or not, I had never seen before. Today we are all off to our youngest son's house for brunch. Must say, I'm loving having a year off hosting everybody, such a change from the usual mayhem of food shopping and cooking. Hope you all have a lovely Boxing Day, take care everyone.

HAZBEEN Sun 26-Dec-21 10:06:45

Good morning all! Just a quick drop in from a wet dismal Heathrow area. I haven't read through the posts yet but I am determined to keep my promise to myself of posting everyday!
Not much planned, just the two of us today (same as yesterday!) but the heating is on the tv beckons and I have chocolates! so all is well with my world!!
Have a lovely happy safe day.

henetha Sun 26-Dec-21 10:11:33

There's actually a bit of sunshine here in south Devon today after many days of relelntless clouds.
Yesterday was lovely with my son and partner here. And today my other son will be here. So I'm very lucky.
Wishing everyone a joyous Boxing Day with plenty of left overs.

Chris3 Sun 26-Dec-21 10:12:31

Good morning all from a wet and cold South Yorkshire. Yesterday was lovely. Spent the afternoon and evening at ds1 and Dil house. Grandkids very happy with their gifts, me too...I enjoyed playing dollies and doing jigsaws ?
Today we have been on our usual dog walk but round the streets rather than the fields because himself is not a fan of mud! Off to visit my mother later, who always insists on hosting boxing Day. She's very elderly and it does worry me that it's too much but she's having non of it. We will stay to clear up afterwards though. Wishing you all a lovely day

Daftbag1 Sun 26-Dec-21 10:14:24

Good Morning, and thank goodness Boxing day has arrived, to say a challenging Xmas day is the understatement of the year, but it's behind us now.

Today it's just my DH and I, a day to recover and chill!

Newquay Sun 26-Dec-21 10:15:10

Oh Chrissie tough times ahead-so sorry! Chin up and all that!
I’ve been awake since 2am too so v tired now.
Couldn’t go to local DD1 yesterday cos she tested positive so DH and I raided our freezer and FT family instead-as many have to do.
Visited a local friend whose visit to her brother in Manc was cancelled for the same reason! We had a short walk together-will probably do the same today too.
Best wishes to all-lovely to read everyone’s news

hulahoop Sun 26-Dec-21 10:26:11

Good morning from a wet w/York's I watched it snow through the night all gone this morning.Hope everyone has a good boxing day I usually have all family but because of surgery son and family tomorrow with them catering .Hope to have drains out before they arrive .Sending best wishes to those with health worries ?