Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday 28th December 2021

(68 Posts)
Michael12 Tue 28-Dec-21 06:06:41

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark and wet here in brackley this morning.
Xmas on the IOW in Shanklin , arrived on Thursday afternoon via Lymington /Yarmouth crossing , got to hotel , and settled in , on Xmas Eve a morning trip to the Busy Bee Garden centre, followed by lunch ,and in the afternoon a trip to a busy Newport , Xmas Day apart from the usual meals and a xmas gift , Boxing Day an afternoon trip t Osborne House , before returning home yesterday which thanks to heavy traffic and accidents on A34 and M40 causing more delays it took 5 hours to get from Portsmouth to Brackley including 45 minutes at Chiveley .
Overall it was good , we 11 meals between Xmas Eve and Boxing 3 meals each day , plus the coach firm who organised the break , gave everyone a Xmas box when getting on the coach.
Take Care,
Mick

Chris3 Tue 28-Dec-21 10:06:50

Good morning from a very wet south Yorkshire. Full rain gear on this morning for dog walkies, including the water proof trousers... We looked more like we were ready for a fishing trip. However we arrived home nice and dry although a little sweaty as it's actually quite mild out there!
Yesterday's visitation from DS2 and his family went well. Clearing up on the agenda today but off out with DIL1 first. Hoping a nice coffee somewhere may be involved ?
Have a good day everyone

EllanVannin Tue 28-Dec-21 10:11:33

Ginny flowers x.

FannyCornforth Tue 28-Dec-21 10:40:09

Good morning everyone from me still in bed in a thoroughly wet Derby.
(I realised that I’d better keep up the posting as I’m a bit scared of Marydoll’s threats; and I’m also acting as a way of offsetting Urm’s contributions, so I’ll keep it brief)

Today’s Morland cartoon in The Times was rather dark; but I’ve found these which I think that you may like.

Have a pleasant and peaceful day x

Maria59 Tue 28-Dec-21 10:51:24

Good morning it's very dark and pouring with rain here today. News from the hospital is DGS2 is feeling fed up which I take as a sign he is getting better as the first couple of weeks he was content just to lie there. Dietician will try to increase his feed as he is very hungry and can't really afford to lose any weight. DGS1 is now confined to family quarters he was allowed on the ward on Christmas day but back to no under 16 visitors rule. DS and DIL will split time between the two of them. Looks like our walk is off today will potter in the house but finding it difficult to concentrate on any tasks. Hope everyone has a good day.
Ginny thanks

Marydoll Tue 28-Dec-21 10:58:40

You should be scared, Fanny! I have my beady eye on you!

Daisytwoshoes Tue 28-Dec-21 11:08:15

grandmadinosaur
I’m with you there I would love to live in Beverley or any of the surrounding area but I couldn’t leave my family and grandchildren
Pulls at the old heartstrings whenever we are visiting family and friends still living there

hollysteers Tue 28-Dec-21 11:24:59

Good morning Mick and all from a damp northwest coast.
Sounds a nice trip Mick and I loved my visit to Osborne.
Apart from the gammy shoulder, all ok here with DD and DS.
GD left yesterday And I will have a little clear up. Sleeping not good as I can’t find a position in bed which is painless.
Painter not here as it’s raining.
DD birthday today and I might join her and her friends for a little drink tonight according to the shoulder.
Thoughts to Ginny and will read through later.

Kalu Tue 28-Dec-21 11:34:22

Good morning from a brighter Glasgow where the sun is out but very chilly. Good to have you back Mick. Sounds like you enjoyed your break.

A very lazy day yesterday eventually watching a few episodes of Call the Midwife. Bliss.

Safe journey home grandM. I do hope being in your own home helps to settle your emotions. You sound very unsettled and not your usual self at all. ?

Your GS being fed up now is a good sign Maria.
Ginny, so much sadness for you to bear. ?

Have a pleasant, peaceful day all.

Grandmajean Tue 28-Dec-21 11:42:03

Late to the party as had our own family party yesterday so am quite tired.

Good luck for your daughter's appointment , Gingster

Sad news Gingster - hope your nephew makes a good recovery.

My DH is a displaced Geordie too , Hazbeen from Houghton - le - Spring .

Thinking of all with troubles including Chrissielou .

Quiet day today , I think , as more entertaining on Friday and Saturday.

Grandmajean Tue 28-Dec-21 11:45:29

Sorry - have confused Ginny and Gingster in post. I meant to wish your nephew a good recovery Ginny

Litterpicker Tue 28-Dec-21 12:24:04

Love the eyes Marydoll

Belated Good Morning from windy West Sussex. Your IoW break sounds good Mick.
My Scottish family was caught up in the traffic on the M40/A34 going the other way but eventually arrived with us about 8.30pm. Twin DGSs told us indignantly that they only had one tea stop on the journey! Poor things. They had to set up the Xbox immediately - withdrawal kicking in.
They have gone to visit sisters/cousins today so all quiet here.
We will go down to the sea as the waves should be dramatic.
Best wishes to all.

NannyJan53 Tue 28-Dec-21 12:28:58

Blossoming I was 21 when married and 22 when I had DS. These days that would be considered far too young!

Ginny so sorry to hear your very sad news flowers

GrannyGravy13 Tue 28-Dec-21 12:41:29

Good afternoon all

I haven’t read the thread yet, only Micks OP, pleased you had a good Christmas trip to the IOW.

It is wet and windy in my corner of S E Essex, so not venturing out for a walk along the seafront anytime soon.

I am late as we have been to my sisters for two days, (DH, DD, The Imp and myself) we had a lovely time and we were spoilt with gifts along with not being allowed to do anything.

I have a Turkey curry simmering on the range, and after catching up,with your news I intend to browse the online sales.

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️?

Gwenisgreat1 Tue 28-Dec-21 13:41:39

FannyCornforth love the funnies!
Ginny flowers

Wall Tue 28-Dec-21 20:37:24

Hi can someone tell me what all the DG and Mil ect mean please.

Kathy73 Tue 28-Dec-21 20:39:50

Wall

Hi can someone tell me what all the DG and Mil ect mean please.

Click on “Acronyms” - on the left at the top of the page.

Wall Tue 28-Dec-21 20:41:19

Ok thank you. smile