Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday 6th January 2022

(63 Posts)
Michael12 Thu 06-Jan-22 06:05:48

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark, and cold outside here in brackley this morning.
Routine being the 12th day of xmas remove all decorations /cards , I will then later get the bus to Bicester and have my usual coffee and small shop there.
Yesterday , paid off remainder of trip to York /Harrogate for next month .
I was also informed of a date change again for andrew Lloyd Webbers Cinderella, a performance in September now, but also booked for Tina the musical as well.
Take Care,
Mick

EllanVannin Thu 06-Jan-22 10:40:18

Good Morning All x.
My word it's a bit nippy out there and we have some sleet mixed with snow at the moment. A lovely bright start earlier too. Won't be going far that's for sure.

Which means----that all work will be done indoors today grin
So many " to do " things on my list for this year I don't know where to start. Trouble is, I get so bogged down with thinking about what's needed and what needs doing I get brain overload then call it a day-----for another day grin
Who wants to move themselves this weather ?

What I will be doing later is preparing my dinner----macaroni cheese today. I prioritise you see--koff.

Will be thinking of Urms today, not the pleasantest of journey's. Hope all goes well.Thinking too of GrannySomerset and not being able to put her mind to anything, such a sad time.

Also those with aches and pains or just not feeling " with it ".

When the children were here the other day, my 5 year old GGS looked at me and said " ah, you're on your own ", his look of concern was tearjerking but I swallowed hard and said yes, I'm on my own but I'm not lonely.
I couldn't get over what came out of the mouth of a 5 year old. Let's hope his concern for others continues. smile

Hope everyone has as good a day as is possible especially if there's inclement weather around. Take care if there's ice etc. we don't want any broken bones.

I note that Marydoll can't stop herself grin Good for you girl. Shopping always perks you up, it's therapeutic too.

Kettle on for coffee before I do anything, so love to all and stay safe.xx

Safe journey to Urms tomorrow and safe return to Pantglas

joyce6135 Thu 06-Jan-22 10:43:08

Morning all from a frosty East Northants. Yesterday I was delighted that my car passed its MOT, I was expecting a big bill, I don’t know why, so was shocked to see just the fee for doing it. Staying in today, will see what I can find in the way of films, thoughts are with all those struggling, especially GrannySomerset.

Scentia Thu 06-Jan-22 11:21:58

I have just received my PCR test to do in the post, I don’t have symptoms do thought it best not to do it as they are busy enough at the moment. Will I get in trouble/chased up to return it does anyone know, I don’t want to cause more work by not doing it iyswim

Blossoming Thu 06-Jan-22 11:25:40

Good morning Mick and everybody. Cold and raining in my corner of Lancashire, currently 3°C. The forecast is not good, wintry showers and an ice warning in place. Not much planned for today as I had a bad night. I overdid it on my walk yesterday and the wonky leg paid me back for it in spades last night. The usual physio exercises and some cycling (indoors) later.

GrannySomerset thinking of you during this difficult time.

Wishing you all the best possible day. May all those with worries find some comfort and all who are under the weather find some relief. ?

hulahoop Thu 06-Jan-22 11:28:38

Good morning from w/York's another bad night due to bruising and dressings also at the back of my mind I suppose is ?results and next treatment will be needed .Urms hope you have a good flight x

Nannytopsy Thu 06-Jan-22 11:43:54

Morning all! It’s frosty with beautiful blue skies here in Suffolk, so no excuse not to go for a walk, apart from the ironing pile. Just retrieved the cat from the cattery and he is s stomping around the house howling at the moment. He doesn’t seem to know where he is. Poor old boy.
I hope the day is kind to everyone.

Marydoll Thu 06-Jan-22 12:15:42

It is important that you do Scentia, and whether you have symptoms or not, or it is negative or not. Just as all lateral flow results need to be reported.
It helps scientists track the variants. I certainly would do it. It's has nothing to do with giving labs more work. That is their job.
Sorry if I sound as if I am preaching, but I feel very strongly about helping the scientists as much as we can and following regulations rigorouslyto keep ourselves and others safe..

Scentia Thu 06-Jan-22 12:19:01

I know what you mean Mary but rules changed in England yesterday to say if we have no symptoms no PCR is needed, even if our LFT is positive, that is why I am unsure what to do. I will just do it and send it off, it’s no trouble really is it.xx

Marydoll Thu 06-Jan-22 12:24:01

I forgot the rules have changed in all countries in UK, but are slightly different. Sorry if I misunderstood.
It's good you have no symptoms!

Scentia Thu 06-Jan-22 12:27:58

I can only think the new rules are just to make numbers go down and it screams of a bit of herd immunity to me. A lot of employers will insist on a PCR to allow staff to isolate and therefore staff will be working with Covid, albeit no symptoms. I know I am a cynic but……!!

Scentia Thu 06-Jan-22 12:28:31

Now I will stop hijacking our lovey thread?

Beanutz2115 Fri 07-Jan-22 08:48:16

Yesterday it was my brothers cremation.It was a sad day, but also a good day and we all came together to celebrate George and his life.
Each day will be a new day for us and we must remember George with a smile and a happy heart, just as he would have wanted. Much love to those who are recently bereaved .