Gransnet forums

Chat

Oh joyous day...

(58 Posts)
CanadianGran Fri 14-Jan-22 22:39:25

I discovered a box of chocolates from Christmas in a cupboard that DH put away...

What has made your day joyous?

Blossoming Sat 15-Jan-22 20:46:37

My beloved ❤️

ginny Sat 15-Jan-22 21:10:40

A voice unexpectedly calling along our high street. “. Nana, look over here, it’s me and Charlie! “

Deedaa Sat 15-Jan-22 21:12:46

My son put my new bath seat together for me and I had a bath!!!

Bonneygran Sat 15-Jan-22 21:22:35

An unexpected visit from a former pupil and her DH plus pouch. Coffee, biscuits and an hour’s catchup plus photos of offspring; joyous!

Grannmarie Sat 15-Jan-22 21:24:47

Marydoll, Dannirae, it's so lovely to spend time with family, especially if it's after difficult times.

Absent, thinking of you and your DH,flowers.

Our joy today was visiting DS1, DDIL1, DGS1 , DGD and Granddog, to celebrate DGS1's 15th birthday. DS3 and lovely GF came too, as did DDIL1's recently bereaved family, enjoying a happier occasion.
We had a lovely visit, lasagne then Malteser birthday cake, both home made! DGS1 was delighted with his presents.
DS2, DDiL2 and DGS2 were flitting into their brand new home today, at the other end of the country, so we'll see them tomorrow, to help unpack or to entertain the wee boy while the parents 'do stuff'...so joyful that in the space of two days I will have seen all my sons, their partners and children, I am thankful!

Grannmarie Sat 15-Jan-22 21:29:23

Blossoming, I was touched to read about your joyous proper walk with DDog?, and the delight it brought to both of you.
I am so glad that you can do that again, you have worked so hard on your health and fitness, well done you ? flowers

Namsnanny Thu 20-Jan-22 12:31:50

Just spent a few minutes watching a Gull 'puddling' the ground to extract grubs. Made me smile.