Gransnet forums

Chat

Prince Harry.....latest

(387 Posts)
lemsip Sat 15-Jan-22 23:22:24

Give me back my bodyguards: Prince Harry threatens legal action against the government and demands return of police protection because 'it is not safe for the Sussexes to return to UK for visits'

Blossoming Tue 18-Jan-22 15:33:06

Do some people seriously believe that the Body Language Expert’s YouTube Channel is reporting actual true facts? ????

Blossoming Tue 18-Jan-22 15:38:22

LadyWee

I don’t usually write on these type of threads but I happened to be reading through and was bewildered by the level of vitriol that has been thrown at these people!

Me too LadyWee. One of the most vitriolic actually told me not to comment on these threads because I didn’t agree with their views!

Josieann Tue 18-Jan-22 16:14:33

Blossoming

LadyWee

I don’t usually write on these type of threads but I happened to be reading through and was bewildered by the level of vitriol that has been thrown at these people!

Me too LadyWee. One of the most vitriolic actually told me not to comment on these threads because I didn’t agree with their views!

Well yes, whoever said that was out of order Blossoming, but the H & H threads are no worse than the political ones where being called a dimwit over a comment was equally unpleasant too. There is no hierarchy of threads as I see it, but tolerance of some is often lacking.

Regarding Harry, perhaps if he went about things in a more conciliatory manner and had the patience to discuss the issue with the police and family before letting rip, I am sure a compromise could be found, as it will be. He dies appear to be a bit of a hot head after all, (sorry to any red heads, no offence meant!)

Ali08 Sat 22-Jan-22 11:55:56

It does make me laugh. They live in AMERICA fgs, and they say our country isn't safe!!
Although, I did like that HE would pay and not expect UK taxpayers to cough up!

25Avalon Sun 23-Jan-22 13:35:59

My god doesn’t Harry look like Charles? Sorry if this deviates but just seen a picture of Harry in last Monday’s DM and you can really see Charles in him. If you doubt Charles is his dad take a look.

Chestnut Sun 23-Jan-22 14:21:31

I have always thought Harry looks like Charles especially round the eyes. Can't be bothered with all this James Hewitt nonsense, it's just malicious gossipmongers stirring the pot.

MissAdventure Sun 23-Jan-22 14:51:06

Poor Harry.

Grammaretto Sun 23-Jan-22 16:33:29

Avalon Just looking at photos, I think Harry looks like Prince Philip when he smiles and William is more like the Queen. I don't see much of Diana in either of them at the moment.
Faces do change though over the years.

ExDancer Sat 19-Feb-22 09:37:35

I understand what he wants is to be able to actually hire some policemen?
The Duke of Sussex has filed a claim for a judicial review against a Home Office decision not to allow him to personally pay for police protection for himself and his family while in the UK.
This is what was published in the Independant newspaper --
"Harry wants to bring his son Archie and baby daughter Lilibet to visit from the US, but he and his family are “unable to return to his home” because it is too dangerous, a legal representative said."
As it stands our police aren't for 'hire' - imagine the mayhem if everyone from the KrayTwins to the Queen of Tonga did the same!
What's he thinking?

Pantglas2 Sat 19-Feb-22 10:16:16

“What's he thinking?”

He’s thinking he’s still ‘special’ Exdancer. Perhaps he needs reminding to look at the history of second borns in the Royal Family to see that they’re really not that important (Princess Margaret, Prince Andrew) and especially so when they get pushed further down the line of succession.

Calendargirl Sat 19-Feb-22 11:30:07

unable to return to his home

The home that two years ago, he couldn’t wait to leave?

Maybe the old sayings ‘Absence makes the heart grow fonder’ and ‘There’s no place like home’ mean a bit more to him now, after a couple of years of self imposed exile with Meghan.