Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday 21st January 2022

(74 Posts)
Michael12 Fri 21-Jan-22 05:59:52

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but its dry , having probs with ear dressing .
A small shop ,and a stay in day today.
I am hoping to do my usual routine tomorrow.
Take Care,
Mick

Grandmabatty Fri 21-Jan-22 08:21:49

Aligran ?

Pittcity Fri 21-Jan-22 08:29:29

Good morning from a cold, sunny Colchester. Below freezing but the sun has melted the frost already. I love this kind of weather. Hat, scarf, gloves and sunglasses are all required.
DH is put most of the day so I'm planning a mooch in town. I also need to sort out the newly decorated 2nd bedroom.
Love to all ?x

NannyJan53 Fri 21-Jan-22 08:32:47

Good morning from another very frosty Black Country.

A sunny albeit chilly walk along the Staffordshire railway walk with Mum yesterday, then lunch in her local pub. Then pick up DGD aged 10 from an after school club and take home. DD is Acting Head at the moment, so she is home much later, so don't get to see her.

Today a lunch meet with friends. ( we all take a LFT beforehand), I will also look for condolence cards for Aunt and cousins whilst out.

Alygran flowers

Chrissielou Fri 21-Jan-22 08:34:01

Happy Friday to you all from a beautiful, cold, frosty but sunny morning in Oxfordshire. Very pleased it is almost the weekend, unusually for me I am tired and a bit weary, I think my DD1's diagnosis, start of treatment etc is catching up with me a little. Nothing compared to what she, and so many others are going through of course, but its hard being the 'onlooker' when you can't do anything significant to ease the pain/worry. A long walk will help though, and equilibrium will be restored!
Click/collect later, I find this easy and quick, stops me impulse buying in Sainsburys too smile.
I hope the day brings you much joy and pleasure.

Serendipity22 Fri 21-Jan-22 08:35:26

Goooood morning from chilly Yorkshire, chilly but dry. What has today in store? Well, i am making another drawstring bag, I am making it from sone Christmas material i have left over, I will keep it with the others and then come Christmas all i have to do is buy things to go inside and da-daa job done. This afternoon I am dying my roots and i may pop to see my neighbour, shes brilliant, she has parkinsons so i always ring first to check if she wants a visitor, not fair just descending upon her doorstep.

Ohhh and in amongst that i might pop down to post office to send my son and DIL their birthday cards ( 5 days apart) they are not till February but I like to be early rather than late, they ( the birthday cards ) will be winging their way to Canada so its not as if its to the next town.

Ive already decided what we are having for tea so at some point i will prepare that as much as is possible at 8.30am haaaaa.

My mum used to say "There is only 1 word in your vocabulary and that is yesterday." Haaaa.

Enjoy your Friday everyone....

EllanVannin Fri 21-Jan-22 08:35:27

Good Morning All x.
Dark and slightly damp this morning but certainly not as cold because of the heavy cloud.

The rattle and bang of the binmen has got me going this morning and shortly an electrician will be around this area to check on electrics which means a loss of about 20 minutes so I'll get this done before it goes off.

Your DD reminds me of myself with the water Ashcombe because I never drank enough----and still don't sad though it does make a difference if there's a " hearty " problem. I do hope that there's some improvement. What a worry for you.

Good news on the job front for your DS dragonfly, it certainly gives a boost.
Gingster's worrying time too with her DD and a nuisance when you can't get a shoe on.
Such sadness and worry flowers

Some tidying up to do but not a lot else. I don't know when I'll see D as one child has a cold and it's bound to go around so I'll have to remain visitless for a while I think. I can count on one hand the number of times I've seen D this past couple of years and to say I'm getting fed up with it all is an understatement. Soon be Spring smile

Mick I hope you can get that ear sorted. I'd get the surgery to put a dressing on it to prevent infection, it wouldn't take them long----providing you haven't got a surgery like ours sad

A couple of bills to pay then I can breathe easy grin don't like them hanging around, then again I don't want to appear too eager either.

Crumpets to do now, you'd think I got my fare share of vitD from the lashings of Lurpak every morning, but sadly, it's lack of sunshine wot does it.

Another good laugh at Matt to make my day grin they never fail.

All good wishes to everyone with thoughts to those who aren't so grand. Stay safe and well xx

Chris3 Fri 21-Jan-22 08:36:26

Good morning all from a slightly dull looking Barcelona airport. Waiting to board a plane back to blighty after a lovely relaxing week in Spain. Love to all ✈️?

Anniebach Fri 21-Jan-22 08:36:37

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Urmstongran Fri 21-Jan-22 08:46:51

Alygran a sad anniversary for you today. ?

BlueBalou Fri 21-Jan-22 08:51:06

Good morning everyone from frosty Wiltshire, it’s rather cold out there ❄️
DH says he’ll walk DDog this morning so I will get on with making flapjacks and a lemon cheesecake simply because I fancy them ?
I need to think about what to have for lunch too, I have a turkey thigh that I may slow cook with red wine, onions and mushrooms I think?
Quiet day here.

muse Fri 21-Jan-22 09:00:47

Good morning Mick and all Morningsters. -4 here in mid Cornwall.
About to defrost the car for a drive to the dentist. All routine stuff.
Back home for a late lunch. Staying inside then for the rest of the day.
Excellent news from DS this morning. DGD2 is receiving counselling help at school and is starting to ‘cope’.
???????? for everyone in need of support.

AGAA4 Fri 21-Jan-22 09:04:18

Good morning from a cloudy, chilly North Wales.

I had news that my old neighbour had died suddenly at home. He was a good friend to me when my DH died. I know he had been struggling to look after his wife, who has dementia. Against advice he wouldn't allow her to go into a home.
They were a devoted couple. It's so sad.

Thoughts with all who are struggling with illness or other problems.

GrannyGravy13 Fri 21-Jan-22 09:09:38

Morning Mick and all

Bright blue sky, frosty and chilly here in S E Essex.

I am on Granny duty today, so I shall take The Imp to Aldi later, I fancy a mooch down the aisles of wonder along with some store cupboard essentials.

Off to the local Indian Restaurant tonight with DH, DD and the 6yr old whilst The Imp goes to his other Gran.

I will now settle down and read all your news with a latte and The Imp has his nap.

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️?

Jaxjacky Fri 21-Jan-22 09:16:22

Yes Ash apologies, excuses are a) it’s cold and b) I had to fix Alexa which wasn’t working, basically not awake!

Georgesgran Fri 21-Jan-22 09:17:08

?*Alygran*.

merlotgran Fri 21-Jan-22 09:25:15

Good morning all from sunny but very cold South Hants.

More decorating on the cards today and I’d better wrap up warm because the last room is a conservatory/sun room thingy and with the heating off in the middle of the day it’s not that warm. I’m excited that the end of three months of painting is in sight and I’ll soon be able to focus on the garden.

Have a good day everyone. Take care.

Gagagran Fri 21-Jan-22 09:25:55

Our Alexa was asleep too Jaxjacky and woke up at 9,.17 so hope yours did too. I was blaming DH for messing round with it yesterday but it might have been a south Hants problem after all? Could be humble pie for lunch here grin

Beauregard Fri 21-Jan-22 09:28:14

Yes, Urms you're right! I have a 1/4000th share, or a tip of an ear as I like to say. A £20 gift from DH not knowing what else to buy me

I was a regular poster on here until last June but took a long break due to an issue with my DD, which made me withdraw from things a bit. I'm pleased to be back.

luluaugust Fri 21-Jan-22 09:28:24

Good morning all from a cold but sunny W Kent. Up earlier than usual as new oven being fitted today and have to shop before arrival of GD for the weekend. Not used to so much happening at once.
Good wishes and kind thoughts to all.

Grammaretto Fri 21-Jan-22 09:32:55

Good Morning all from the Scottish Borders. It is 4°C, so balmy!
Baubles, Portobello beach would have been freezing. I used to live near in the days before wild swimming was a "thing" so I never saw humans in the water except for on January 1st.
The Turner watercolours are only on show in January at the Scottish National Gallery but you have to book in advance.
A stair carpet fitter is coming today so I must clear the landing.
Great news for your son Dragonfly! That once happened to my DS and he asked me which job he should choose! He took the job I had not recommended but loved it. It was in Europe.

Take care everyone especially Mick

Urmstongran Fri 21-Jan-22 09:37:38

And it’s lovely to have you back*Beauregard*! Yes I recall you saying ‘the tip of its ear’ now. I’d never heard of such a thing before you but now I do know of someone in York with a sixth share of a racehorse. Sorry to hear of your family upset that’s so sad. ?

Blossoming Fri 21-Jan-22 09:39:23

Good morning Mick and everybody. Grey skies and drizzle in my corner of Lancashire this morning, currently 5°C. My only plan for today is a trip to the hairdresser.

Good news from your son muse.

Hope your ear is healing Mick and the dressing isn’t causing too much discomfort.

Wishing you all the best possible day. May all those with worries find some comfort and all who are under the weather find some relief. ?

Beechnut Fri 21-Jan-22 09:44:35

?*Alygran*, enjoy your wine this evening.

FannyCornforth Fri 21-Jan-22 10:00:42

‘Morning all from me in a chilly 1 degree Derby.
GagaGran and JaxJacky, my Alexa wasn’t working around 7-9 am.
How very odd!

I’m having some physio at the Nuffield this afternoon, which I’m really looking forward too.
DH has been very ill, but is not so high maintenance at the moment, so I can focus on myself a little bit more.
My Dad’s 50th birthday present to me has just arrived (a Royal Crown Derby Owl) so unboxing that will be a little thrill.

Have a pleasant and peaceful day everyone, and thoughts to those of us who are feeling sad, worried or poorly.

GrannySomerset Fri 21-Jan-22 10:10:32

A bright frosty morning here filled with printing off stuff from solicitor and making sense of it. Was invited to a local coffee morning but am not quite ready for that yet though it would probably be good for me. Not like me to miss any kind of social activity but am not prepared to push myself just yet.

Lots of activity on the thread this morning so hope everyone has a satisfactory day.