Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday 21st January 2022

(73 Posts)
Michael12 Fri 21-Jan-22 05:59:52

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but its dry , having probs with ear dressing .
A small shop ,and a stay in day today.
I am hoping to do my usual routine tomorrow.
Take Care,
Mick

Ashcombe Fri 21-Jan-22 06:10:45

Good morning, Mick and other early birds! It’s - 3 in Torbay with frost on the cars, a fairly rare sight here.

I would urge you to contact your practice nurse or seek help at your pharmacy, Mick, with your dressing. They would be only too pleased to help.

Thank you for the warmth of responses yesterday regarding my meeting with brook2704 and her DH. This is such a supportive group and it’s good to see new folk being attracted to join.

DGD is well but still testing positive so can't attend school or dance classes which is frustrating. School has set work as several are off at the moment.

DD1 in Australia, who has pericarditis, is not improving although blood tests and an ECG haven't revealed any other causes for concern. She's only told me today that she's been running a temperature all week! A reluctant imbiber of fluids at the best of times, her GP has warned her that she needs to drink more. 'Twas ever thus! Stronger painkillers have also been prescribed.

Her husband and son are due back from a short holiday tomorrow which will help, not least with the pet care! She has a cockapoodle puppy and two young cats! When the puppy is bored, he chases the cats around the house or digs holes in the garden!

Happy weekend, everyone! ?????

grandMattie Fri 21-Jan-22 06:25:53

Good morning from a dark E Kent. The moon is viewed through a veil of cloud. We are promised sunshine. Although above 0C, I suspect there will be a frost.
Your poor DD, Ash, at least she will have a bit of help from her family now. I hope she manages to find something she enjoys drinking.?. Do go to your surgery or pharmacy for your ear dressing, Mick.
I tried to give blood yesterday but was sent packing as I had recently been to the dentist. There is a risk of infection apparently although it has never happened. Yet. It annoyed me as it would have been my 75th pint, it armful, if you prefer. ?
Today I’m visiting my old friend and delivering a homemade Bakewell tart to another old friend.
Bedding changed, washed and ironed - yes, I iron our 100% cotton top sheet and pillow cases as we like the feel of ironed cotton on our skin.
Hugs to those in sick bay, or just feeling “meugh”. Carpe diem. ???☀️??

dragonfly46 Fri 21-Jan-22 06:26:35

Good morning from dark Leicestershire where it feels very chilly.

Celebrations last night as my DS had not one but three job offers. It seems they are like buses - all coming at once!
Today, after scraping the car we are out for coffee with friends then a visit to the loft to discover what old Fisher Preice toys we still have for the DGC next weekend.

I am sorry your DD is still suffering Ashcombe I hope she takes the doctor’s advice.
I wish everyone the best day possible.

Beechnut Fri 21-Jan-22 06:26:54

Good Morning everyone from a cold and very frosty Severnside.

If AC don’t tell us Ash we haven’t anything to worry over. I hope your D will be able rest on her family’s return.

I don’t know what to do today. I don’t really need to go shopping and if I venture out I shall find something to spend money on when there’s really no need.

Beechnutella wants me to make her some starfish so I might sort out what I want for that job.

Have a good day all hopefully without many worries ❄️?❄️

Urmstongran Fri 21-Jan-22 06:32:47

Here’s Matt.

Good morning everyone from Malaga where it’s dark. The forecast is white cloud and a high of 15°C. It is hot on our balcony by lunchtime -enough to sunbathe actually - but chilly if in the shade out and about because it’s breezy. (Well, it is winter I suppose).

I don’t know what we’re doing today. The Boy Wonder & L’il Miss are FT’ing once home from school. Lovely to ‘see’ them and hear their news.

Enjoy Friday all who can. x

Gagagran Fri 21-Jan-22 07:00:57

Morning all from a chilly (-2.4) south coast. Daylight is slowly lengthening though, which is pleasing.

DH has a slot booked at the tip this morning. We have 5 large bags of garden waste to take after his efforts this week. The front garden is looking much better for his attentions. The back garden is only one bed plus my pots and we have made a start there. Spring comes much earlier here than it did when we lived in Yorkshire so we aim to be ready for it!

I hope you can get some help for your ear Mick. As others have suggested, I would give the surgery a ring. Nothing lost by doing so. You don't want it to get it infected.

Hope the day is kind to us all. sunshine

kittylester Fri 21-Jan-22 07:07:51

Good morning all from my bit of north Leicestershire where, I can confirm, that it is very chilly.

Congratulations to your ds dragonfly.

I thought all young people walked around attached to a drink Ash - my girls do!! I hope your DD feels better soon.

Today DH is going for a walk with DD1 and then I am meeting them in a pub for lunch. I do like seeing my children on their own.

Cleaner and gardener are both here today so we should be all spick and span by lunchtime.

baubles Fri 21-Jan-22 07:12:40

Good morning Mick, morning all from dark South Lanarkshire where it’s dry at the moment.

Sending good wishes for your DD Ashcombe.

Congratulations to your DS Dragonfly, he can take his pick.

Yesterday’s enforced visit to M&S turned out to be most fortunate as I struck lucky in the sale - three jumpers and a pair of jeans, all half price or much less. I’ve got over burning the food and my favourite pot emerged unscathed.

We had our usual walk along the front at Portobello beach after DGD’s gymnastics class, I remarked to DH that it was just like Venice Beach minus the sunshine. We watched half a dozen surfers riding the waves, which looked wonderful. Further along there were a couple of hardy souls swimming without wetsuits, now that looked exhilarating if somewhat bone chilling, and on dry land there were skateboarders, cyclists and dog walkers galore. A few groups of young people on deckchairs eating picnics on the beach enjoying the beautiful but cold day made me wistful for my own younger days. It was a joyful afternoon.

Eldest GC FaceTimed yesterday to show us her positive lft. She was quite pragmatic about it, figured it was as well to get it over with now.

Work today, every day is different so I’m looking forward to it.

Wishing everyone a good day. ??

BlueSapphire Fri 21-Jan-22 07:14:48

Good morning everyone from a very frosty Northampton -2° outside.

Like Beechnut I don't really need to go shopping this morning, but I really need to get out of the house, so I shall get on the bus and have a free coffee (I have vouchers!) in M&S Cafe and just have a mooch around. A change of scenery will be good.

Hope your DD improves soon Ash.

Must check with DS that he is still able to take me to the vets tomorrow with the cats; it is time for their annual health check and vaccinations. Hoping that they behave better than last time....

Must order my medication online from the surgery as well.

Take care everyone and have a good day.

brook2704 Fri 21-Jan-22 07:25:41

Good morning everyone from Dawlish it’s just getting light and the sky looks clear.
Hope that troublesome ear is soon better mick
Congratulations to your DS dragonfly you must be so proud and pleased for him
We’re heading home later today, to London first and then the sleeper train to Inverness. We’ve had a really enjoyable week away and will be back to continue more walking around here later in the year.
Hoping your DGD can get back to her activities soon Ash and your DD soon starts to improve
Like Ash says thank you for so many lovely comments yesterday regarding our meet up, a real highlight of our holiday
That afternoon on Portobello sounds idyllic baubles a hopeful sign spring is in its way
Thinking of everyone with worries and struggles, hope today is gentle and take care all whatever the day brings ?

Gingster Fri 21-Jan-22 07:40:47

Good morning all from Essex. Still some frost on the cars. ?

School run today, then round to DD’s to see what needs doing.
She’s understandable getting fed up with not being able to get on with her ‘life’. She has the consultant appointment in Monday to find out the next step for her treatment. Her foot and ankle are quite swollen again. I pray it’s not another infection. ?.

I do hope your DD will feel better soon, Ash. It’s such a worry isn’t it !

I have a refund card for M and Co , so will try to find something I need. Maybe a new warm hat and gloves. I also have a ‘one for all’ gift card but I can’t remember where I can spend it. Google will tell me I’m sure.

We may meet up with our Friday gang at lunch time for a drink and a toastie. I’ll see how DD is!

Would like to get to Hyde Hall this weekend if the weather is fine. It’s lovely to have a wander round and a coffee to warm us up.. we’ll see.

Wishing you all a good day, and hoping all ills will ease. ?

Grandmadinosaur Fri 21-Jan-22 07:44:53

Good morning from East Yorkshire where it is -1 degree but that glorious moon is clear.

Had a nice catch up at coffee morning then I went straight from there to lunch with DIL.

Today we have a click and collect with Morrisons mid morning. I am so bored of doing the shopping on auto pilot I was going to trial doing it online but DH suggested click and collect. Mm not convinced as you still have to do the journey there, take your bags etc. I think I’d prefer delivery so we shall see how it goes. Whilst over that way I shall have a coffee and a browse in Next.
Whilst typing this I’ve received a text from DS telling me about GS. Now he gets pocket money he had bought himself an electric toothbrush. A Batman one and whilst doing this teeth this morning he said to his daddy look it’s walking around on its own like a garlic! He meant a dalek ?

Safe journey home * Ash* I’m glad you’ve enjoyed the holiday.

Thoughts to all with troubles.
Take care all.

Scentia Fri 21-Jan-22 07:48:58

Good Morning all from East Staffordshire where it feels cold but no frost.
Off to work shortly and I may put in a full day ?
I seem to be sleeping so well but wake up stiff as a board as I’ve been in bed so long I have to wait an hour to tie my hair up??
I will go to the coop on the way to work and get cake and crisps for lunch, don’t know why, I just fancy something nice!
Hope your DD gets help for her pericarditis Ash it is very painful I suspect.
Take care everyone and stay safe and warm❤️

Jaxjacky Fri 21-Jan-22 07:54:06

Morning all from a very cold, -3, S Hants, MrJ spent ten minutes de-icing his car.
Safe journey back brook you’ve obviously had a great break, meeting with Ash and her DH as a highlight.
Quieter day here, Tesco delivery pm and a walk, I think the heating will stay on all day.
Fingers crossed all those poorly improve, especially AC’s here and those far away.
Mick you need to get your dressing sorted!
Have a pleasant day, may you spot a ? or ??.

Beauregard Fri 21-Jan-22 07:57:58

Good morning from Derbyshire where it's frosty but not as much as yesterday. I've got to pop out soon, so I'll see if it's worth de-icing the car or walking.

Today's plans include finishing wax varnishing my dresser and putting it back in place. We're also going to book to go to a flower show in the summer.

Thoughts to all who have difficulties and sadness to contend with in life, whatever form that may take.

Urmstongran Fri 21-Jan-22 08:04:33

Just remembered you Beauregard (I think). Don’t you part own a racehorse? (If my memory serves me?).
?

Nannytopsy Fri 21-Jan-22 08:04:49

Good morning Mick and all his followers. Clear blue skies and frosty in Suffolk this morning.
We are up early as we are off to Bury St Edmunds this morning. DH has an optician’s appointment as he has broken the nose rest ( don’t know what it’s called!) off his glasses.
We have cheques to pay in from the tax man and last minute shopping to finish before the family begin to arrive this evening. There is enough food in the house to see us through a siege but DS & SIL have good appetites!
Well, time to get moving. I hope the day is kind to everyone.

Grandmabatty Fri 21-Jan-22 08:09:08

Good morning all from Polmont where it's currently 2° with clear skies. Not as cold as some of you further south! Dragonfly such good news for your son. Brook safe journey home.
Yesterday I felt a bit more like me so did some clearing out of the hall cupboard. I was in the middle of baking lemon muffins when a tornado burst in, followed by his mum, dad and baby brother. They had been out and about and nipped in for a visit. It is always lovely to see them.
Today I have no plans. I could go to the shops as I have something that needs returned, but I think I might stay home. Whatever you do, have a good day all.

Marydoll Fri 21-Jan-22 08:11:54

Good morning all from Glasgow, its 6°, but feels much chillier.
Mick, I hope you have spoken to someone about your ear, you need to be careful.

As a lover of train journeys, brook, travelling on the Caledonian sleeper is on my bucket list. ?, it sounds as if you have had a great holiday. I'm quite envious.
Baubles, I have always wanted to see Portobello beach, no idea why! ?

Yesterday turned out to be a busy day, with a visit to Lidl to spend my voucher (which I forgot use). It wasn't a big shop, but I was quite flustered, being on my own.. The manager, who was on the till, managed to put it through for me. What a nice man!
I had gone looking for dark brown sugar, which cannot be found anywhere here. None of the supermarkets have it.
DIL appeared, not once, but twice. The second time, she was accompanied by Dollie, what unexpected joy!

Yesterday, I decided to phone the surgery, because I had heard nothing about my new medication, which I was supposed to start today, after finishing my old ones yesterday.
When I eventually got to speak to someone, she told me the new prescription was lying in the surgery, but their phones hadn't been working, so they had been unable to contact me!
An appointment was made to speak to my GP in two week's time. He hasn't been available for the whole of the pandemic, so why bother now. I suspect the cardiologist's letter has prompted this response.

We have an appointment to look at a new car for DH this morning. I have been on at him for months to do something. Now there is a six month waiting list. ? We usually change them at the same time, but mine has such a low mileage, I have decided not to change it. I hardly go out now! I suspect my present car is my last one. sad
By sheer coincidence, there is a TKMaxx right next to the car showroom. I wonder...? Sheer coincidence, I promise! ?

Keeping all in the sick bay and those with sorrows in my prayers and hoping things improve.
Its good to see new posters joining.
Have the best day possible, whatever your circumstances.

Grandmajean Fri 21-Jan-22 08:12:04

Freezing here in Cheshire !
Nearly left the heating on all night and now wish I had.
Youngest two GC after school today. They take turns at choosing the meal. Meatballs and spaghetti tonight.
Really fancy seeing the film "Belfast" showing locally but not sure brave enough to go to the cinema.

Alygran Fri 21-Jan-22 08:12:19

Good morning from North Yorkshire. It’s dry again today.
I’m feeling very sad this morning, DH’s birthday. He would have been 69. A nice glass of red this evening I think!
Wishing everyone a good day.

Grandmajean Fri 21-Jan-22 08:16:02

Condolences Alygranflowers

Ashcombe Fri 21-Jan-22 08:16:05

Sadly, DH is now back in France, Jaxjacky, but I’m sure he would enjoy meeting Mr. & Mrs. brook2704 one day. They have a long journey ahead today but Devon is giving them a sunny ,if chilly, send off! ?

harrigran Fri 21-Jan-22 08:19:29

Good morning from a cold and frosty NE.
Went to bed very late and woke early, I am not going to be energetic today.
DS and I had a run out in the car before lunch yesterday but he had meetings online after lunch so I went off to the kitchen and made the evening meal. GDs arrived after school and made themselves at home, eldest went off for a leisurely soak in the bath and youngest played the piano for an hour. It is lovely to have the house full of music and laughter again.
Today I have the house to myself so I will get some housework done before catching up with the TV.
Thoughts are with those with poorly families.