Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday 21st January 2022

(74 Posts)
Michael12 Fri 21-Jan-22 05:59:52

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but its dry , having probs with ear dressing .
A small shop ,and a stay in day today.
I am hoping to do my usual routine tomorrow.
Take Care,
Mick

Gwenisgreat1 Fri 21-Jan-22 10:13:49

Good Morning all from dry but chilly Harrogate. another bad night last night - thought I'd solved the problem of bad nights so will have to have a rethink.
Well done to your son Dragonfly hope he picks the right one! you have my sympathy Alygran enjoy that wine.
You made me think Ashcombe about the liquid we drink. I apparently don't drink enough and DH drinks even less, will have to have a rethink, it could solve a lot of problems. Getting 1.5 - 2 litres water a day sounds horrendous.
At the risk of nagging Mick I hope you have already contacted the surgery about your ear.
Have as good a day as possible folks

annsixty Fri 21-Jan-22 10:14:24

Good morning all.
I don’t wish to detract from the thread but just to say to Fanny enjoy your owl.
I have quite a collection of Crown Derby paperweights , several birds, cats and two of the Derby Rams which were made for the centenary of the club and which maybe soon will be a very sad memory.

Chrissielou Fri 21-Jan-22 10:15:37

Alygranflowers

Blossoming Fri 21-Jan-22 10:23:04

A virtual hug Alygran flowers

Grandmadinosaur Fri 21-Jan-22 10:26:47

That’s interesting about Alexa not working this morning as ours wasn’t either but the alarm did go off. Very strange.

Thoughts to Alygran a poignant day ?

My dad also has a lot of Crown Derby memorabilia collected by my dear Mum. I agree Annsixty it’s very sad about the Derby Rams. I went to watch them with my Grandad from about the age of 10. I really hope a solution can be found. A club with so much history.

hollysteers Fri 21-Jan-22 10:39:16

Good morning Mick and all from Cloudy Chambers, northwest coast.
Hope your ear problems are sorted soon Mick.
Just back from the undertakers handing over my husband’s ashes from five years ago. They will be interred with my brother in law on Friday when he is buried (he didn’t want to be cremated). It’s been a palaver as my son came up with a tank shell from 1943 which he wanted to use (my husband was in a tank regiment) but that idea has been abandoned and some ashes will be separated for his beloved IOM and to mix with mine. All cheerful stuff. I’ll be glad to get to my music practice with the ‘band’ this avvie as they say round here.
Thoughts to Alygran, lovely photo and anyone with troubles.

FannyCornforth Fri 21-Jan-22 10:39:55

Annsixty and Grandmadinosaur I didn’t even know that DCFC were in trouble! shockI’m not a football person, but I should know about that.

I went to the last match at The Baseball Ground with an old (very young at the time!) boyfriend.
As a young student I lived in that area. All the students lived in Normanton then. Happy days

FannyCornforth Fri 21-Jan-22 10:40:46

Holly thanks ♥️

Jaxjacky Fri 21-Jan-22 10:43:36

Apparently a Europe wide Alexa ‘issue’, just shows how software controls stuff.
Welcome back Beauregard I too remember you have a smidgeon of a horse.

kittylester Fri 21-Jan-22 10:44:34

annsixty

Good morning all.
I don’t wish to detract from the thread but just to say to Fanny enjoy your owl.
I have quite a collection of Crown Derby paperweights , several birds, cats and two of the Derby Rams which were made for the centenary of the club and which maybe soon will be a very sad memory.

Don't mention the Rams ann. It's really upsetting dgs3! And me from an historical point of view.

EkwaNimitee Fri 21-Jan-22 11:40:58

Good morning Mick and everyone from sunny Carlisle. It was -1C when I went to bed last night so I expected it to be frosty this morning, but no, a toasty 5C instead! From your posts, the chill seems to have travelled well south.
DS2 has headed north towards Edinburgh to catch up with an old friend and returns on Sunday so I have a weekend to get up to no good in! Probably in the garden. The plants I ordered a few days ago were sent out immediately and are sitting around waiting for me. Sometimes I think that packers and dispatchers are just sitting around twiddling their thumbs waiting for me to put an order in for something, such is the speed of receiving stuff quite often.

My condolences, Alygran, he went far too soon.
And my best wishes for speedy recoveries to all those poorly and to their worrying relatives.

A pleasant weekend for all I hope.

Litterpicker Fri 21-Jan-22 12:20:34

Good (just after) morning from West Sussex.

I keep telling DH that the answers to every question, even those I haven’t asked, are on GN/GM thread. I was blaming our Alexa problem on the new router, set up on Wednesday.

I had a lovely day yesterday being introduced to a new volunteering role which got me out and about and cleared most of the January blues. Today I need to complete the admin side - proving my ID - so must overcome my usual mental block about all things official.

Thoughts with all dealing with illness and bereavement. Mick hope you get your dressing sorted.

Was delighted to see Anniebach has a new wheelchair and is planning her gardening.

annsixty Fri 21-Jan-22 12:36:05

Me again.
I have so little to say these days I thought I would do a “show and tell”.
I wonder if Fanny’s owl is like either of my two.

Urmstongran Fri 21-Jan-22 13:11:07

Me again too.
Just got to thinking we haven’t heard from Elizabeth up in Fife for a while ...

Marydoll Fri 21-Jan-22 13:14:14

Urmstongran

Me again too.
Just got to thinking we haven’t heard from Elizabeth up in Fife for a while ...

I thought that too. I will email her.

Marydoll Fri 21-Jan-22 13:15:10

She changed her name ages ago. She was outed.

muse Fri 21-Jan-22 13:27:46

Thank you so much Blossoming. I’m looking forward to the chat now at the weekend.

Auntieflo Fri 21-Jan-22 13:40:18

Good afternoon, Annie and Mick
Didn't post earlier, as I had nothing to add, but DH gave me a kick up the b*m and out we went. It did me good and we chatted with friends for an hour. Then popped into my favourite charity shop and bought 2 books for me and a lovely one for GGS, who we shall see next weekend.
Home to tea and a toasted sandwich, and a snooze, as I was worn out doing not a lot.
Have a good day one and all.

Grammaretto Fri 21-Jan-22 16:15:04

Lovely photo Alygran . Enjoy your glass of red. flowers

Jerseygal Fri 21-Jan-22 16:18:54

What's Up ? Are there any Sunny Spots where you live? Is it all Cold & Dreary in the Winter?

Martha48 Fri 21-Jan-22 16:30:55

Where do you live, Jerseygal? Is it sunny where you are? Bit grey and chilly mostly here today.

Jerseygal Fri 21-Jan-22 16:49:01

Arizona Sunny Wonderful Winter??

Blossoming Fri 21-Jan-22 17:12:27

Hello Jerseygal welcome to this forum. I have a close friend in Arizona, think it would be far too hot and dusty for me! It’s dark here right now.