Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday 28th January 2022

(80 Posts)
Michael12 Fri 28-Jan-22 06:02:53

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but its dry outside here in brackley this morning.
Yesterdays stitch removal went to plan , but signs of where the laceration still show.
Today, I plan to0 get the bus to Bicester early as its market day there, and return to get Fish & Chips as a take away .
Take Care,
Mick

grandMattie Fri 28-Jan-22 06:10:18

Good morning from a dark E Kent. There was a beautiful crescent moon ? rise when I opened the curtains.
Mick, the scars will take a while to fade but glad it went well.
Unusually, I’m fairly busy today. Visiting my friend in the Retirement Home, then lunch with a lovely lady from my T’ai Chi class. As soon as I get home, we are going to check Philip’s house. The purchaser wants to meet us, why, I don’t know, but DH will call him and we can meet there.
I found a very rarely frozen homemade meal in the freezer yesterday. That will be dinner. No idea what it is ?
I have been feeling very low recently but feel a lot better today, which is lovely.
Hope all those in sick bay are improving and the rest of you lovely people have a gentle day. Carpe diem. ???☀️??

Pantglas2 Fri 28-Jan-22 06:12:03

Ooh Mick you’re a brave soul - Mr PG is having his stitches out this afternoon and has been fretting it’s too soon!

Here’s Boris yesterday in my neck of the woods - If I’d known he was coming, I’d have baked a cake ??....Oh wait ?

A night out at our local Indian this evening- a frock will be worn ? (by me, not MrPG...) and a few sherberts will be enjoyed as we’ll make good use of our bus passes!

Still miss Friday Girl- and Lauranorderr hasn’t been near the weatherbarn on Anglesey for weeks.....?‍♀️

A good day for all please x

kittylester Fri 28-Jan-22 06:37:09

Good morning all from a dark North Leicestershire where, we are told, it might be foggy.

We had a lovely day yesterday - having lunch with DD2, admiring her new kitchen - it's vast and light and airy- and seeing the girls. DD hadn't told them that we were coming (just in case we didn't) and 8 year old Lottie cried when she saw us outside school.

Today, I have a gp appointment and then some shopping to do and a Sainsbury's delivery.

Have the best day possible everyone

kittylester Fri 28-Jan-22 06:38:12

I meant to add this cartoon.

Ashcombe Fri 28-Jan-22 06:45:58

Good morning, all, from a frosty Torbay, with a temperature of zero, according to my phone. Yesterday, we hit 14 degrees in the afternoon!

I hope you enjoy your mystery meal, grandMattie, and it’s good to hear you’re feeling more upbeat. Good luck to Mr. Pantglas2 with stitch removal and glad yours went to plan, Mick. Love the cartoon, kittylester!

The GTN spray, taken about 8.00 a.m. yesterday, dealt with the angina pain but left me too spaced out and muzzy to do much for several hours! Two naps and several mugs of tea restored my equilibrium so that, by mid afternoon, I felt well enough to drive to Lidl but, otherwise, a wasted day.

A new day dawns and I hope it’s a good one for all! ?????

Alizarin Fri 28-Jan-22 06:55:52

Good morning from my patio in south Cornwall where I'm sitting on my swing seat in the dark, although the overcast sky is lightening a tiny bit. It's very mild here. Met a friend for coffee yesterday and she cried because she is still missing her dog although it died several years ago. She's a very tough and proud lady and I felt privileged that she wanted to talk about it. May go to Newquay today; love the spectacular beaches and tacky shops, especially the one with a sign that warns, 'Badly behaved children will be transported.' Have the best day you can.

grandMattie Fri 28-Jan-22 06:58:33

Sorry the spray made you feel so unwell, Ash, but if it works…
Can’t see frost, but with the temperatures at about 2C in nearby Manston, I imagine there will be some. No, we didn’t reach the heady heights of double figures yesterday, nor are they forecast for today! X

Urmstongran Fri 28-Jan-22 07:05:15

Here’s Matt.

Good morning everyone from south Manchester where it’s still dark but the station office and platforms across the road are lit up like Blackpool illuminations - nice and safe for commuters oh and here’s the 7am to Lime Street station just pulling in. I always think of Amselerin when I see an early train. I hope all is well with you dear lady if you are reading.

No plans today which is rather nice. We have our Day 2 PCRs to do this afternoon and, if it stays dry, takeaway coffees and a walk would be good.

Enjoy Friday all who can. x

Marydoll Fri 28-Jan-22 07:06:20

Good morning all from a cloudy Glasgow. I have been up since the crack of dawn, wakened by the golfer, impersonating an elephant. I am so glad he is back golfing and hopefully will have left Victor Meldrew on the course, when he returns! wink

Glad to hear the stitch removal went well, Mick, as GM says, stitches do leave a scar, but it will fade in time. The most important thing is that your ear has healed.

Ash, I would have a word with your pharmacist about the effect of your spray. Normally, it should allow you to get on with whatever you are doing. I have never had that side effect, just the blinding headache. I started off taking one spray, until I saw the effects and knew I wasn't having an allergic reaction, ( history of allergies), It’s always two now, sometimes another two ten minutes later.
The rule of thumb is, if two shots don’t bring relief, reach for the phone and dial 999, as you are taking the third dose.

Kitty, I dreamt I was visiting you in your country pile and was sitting arraging some flowers (as you do) and your husband (a fine looking man) arrived with a personal hand tied bunch of flowers from the local flower boutique shop. It was actually a bunch of weeds! Cheapskate! ?

I had a successful sortie into the spare room wardrobe, reluctantly letting go of a few coats,which I will never fit into again. Grandmabatty, I could do with some of your stotrage boxes!I was left with two odd navy boots, but for the life of me cannot find the partners, I think I am going mad…again!

I’m off to Sainsbury’s to return a bargain, which actually wasn’t a bargain! I prefer to shop there, because it is quiet, I can Smartshop, the aisles are wide and there are restrictions in place, with most people masked. I usually feel quite safe there. Anyway, it won’t be a big shop, I’m on a mission to use up what is in the freezer and cupboard.
However, for weeks, I have been unable to obtain pitta bread in any supermarket here. If anyone spots some, please put my name on the packet!

I won't be out long, my COPD has flared up and my cough is driving me (and DH) to distraction. A lateral flow this morning is negative, thank goodness!

Hoping for better news of those in the sick bay. Wishing you all a good day.

GrannyGravy13 Fri 28-Jan-22 07:15:04

Morning all

Mick pleased your stitches are out.

I cleared out my Christmas cupboard yesterday, have a bag of wrapping paper and trimmings for local primary school, so I am organised and will not be caught out when C arrives.

Need to pop to Aldi and get some storage boxes for GC’s artwork

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️?

Beechnut Fri 28-Jan-22 07:22:51

Good Morning everyone from frosty Severnside.
Glad your stitch removal went ok Mick and hope the same for MrPant. Pant you gave me my first chuckle of the day about Boris. I hope I shall have a few more.

I managed to get out into the garden and was pleased with what I did. The fresh air did me good and I slept very well. I like the sound of sitting outside as daybreaks Alizarin when all seems new and fresh.

Shopping for me today and more crafting.

Have a good day all ???

Gingster Fri 28-Jan-22 07:28:41

Good morning all and there’s a light frost on the cars. ?

Yesterday I had a good day! First off I won My game of bowls , next I got Wordle in 1. (A fluke, I know). Lastly my painting at art club turned out well. (Unusual) . Very pleased with myself! ?.

Today dh and I are going to the Royal Albert Hall to see Cirque de Soleil. We saw it about 5 years ago and it is AMAZING!

Lovely sunrise today.

Wishing you all a pleasant day. ?

Feelingmyage55 Fri 28-Jan-22 07:35:57

Good morning from a very wet and dark north of Scotland. Busy day ahead, having been delegated tasks by adult DC, then I have to brace myself for online admin, sigh.
Friday fish day. I just have always been in the habit of no meat on a Friday. I am clearly not alone as our lovely wet fish shop is always extra busy on a Friday and often has specials.
Missing gillybob, GrandmaFrench and Panache. Lovely ladies ?.
The sky is lightening so I will get up and face the day.
Wishing you all a pleasant Friday.

Gagagran Fri 28-Jan-22 07:37:15

Good Morning everyone from a chilly again south coast. -0.9c at 6am.

Been busy online transferring funds to a new savings account which caused us a lot of problems yesterday when it wouldn't accept funds from my account for some reason. A very helpful assistant eventually did something to sort it out at their end and it is now operative. I know they have to be careful about money laundering etc. but sometimes it seems the computer just says no for some reason known only to itself. Hey ho.

Sad to see Barry Cryer has died and I have enjoyed reading tributes to him and the retelling of some of his jokes, He was a genuinely funny man and we have lost another who could always put a smile on our faces. Desperately need that in these difficult times.

Hope the day is a good one for us all. sunshine

Sar53 Fri 28-Jan-22 07:41:37

Good morning from Essex by the sea. It feels a little warmer than of late.
It's our 3rd wedding anniversary today and we are going out for a meal this evening.
Ironing and vacuuming this morning and must pop out for a paper and lottery tickets it may be our lucky day.
Enjoy Cirque de Soleil Gingster, I've never been but it looks amazing.
Have a lovely Friday everyone xx

brook2704 Fri 28-Jan-22 07:46:13

Good morning everyone from Inverness where it’s just getting light and looks like we’ve got some light rain
What a lovely treat Gingster hope you and your DH enjoy Cirque de Soleil!
That doesn’t sound too good Ash I hope it was a one off and doesn’t happen again
I’ve not been out in the garden yet Beechnut but hopefully soon if it stops raining here! Yesterdays plans changed when DD2 messaged at the last minute as usual asking to meet up. We enjoyed a coffee together, shared a cake and she told me all about how her newish job is going. A lovely afternoon really and then topped off by seeing the two DGC briefly just after school before they went to football and brownies.
Awww bless what a lovely surprise yesterday for your DGD kitty
Today I’m going to the gym for a splash around at the Aqua class and then across the road with my friend for a sandwich and a good old catch up.
Thinking of everyone with worries and struggles, hope today is gentle and take care all whatever the day brings ?

brook2704 Fri 28-Jan-22 07:47:21

A very Happy Anniversary Sar! ???

cornergran Fri 28-Jan-22 07:48:38

Morning Mick, morning All from a murky corner of Somerset.

Cancellation day yesterday. The grocery order didn’t arrive, no driver, then Mr C’s long awaited audiology appointment for this afternoon met the same fate, audiologist is sick. Second time that’s happened. Oh well, better luck next time. A long call from our very worried goddaughter left me unsettled as there’s not a thing we can do to help.

Grocery order from a different source arriving soon, Mr C’s new glasses to collect this afternoon and with luck a walk. I’m fidgety, need to be outside I think.

The scar will fade mick, takes time. Sorry you felt so unwell ash, I know nothing about those sprays but it does sound a severe reaction. Fish for us on Fridays as well feeling, salmon in lemon sauce today.

Wishing everyone as good a day as it can be. Hope Friday is kind to us all

Grandmadinosaur Fri 28-Jan-22 07:49:15

Good morning from East Yorkshire where it is 1 degree and a bright sky and promised up to 8 degrees today.

Nothing on my agenda today. I’m sure I will find something to pass the day. Life is a bit dull at the moment but just taking it easy as Feb will be a busier month.

Take care everyone.

GrandmaSeaDragon Fri 28-Jan-22 07:51:53

Good morning from Hertfordshire where it’s +1, frosty with a pink sunrise. DD and 3DGS just departed for school leaving very excited puppy for me to walk! He is a very energenic 7 month working cocker, brown with a mohican! (Wish I could post a photo). More him pulling than walking, still I guess the weight training teaching him to heel might be good for me - second thoughts, perhaps not as my arms and back ache this morning! The DGDs all look so smart in the mornings when they leave for school.

I can empathise about GTN spray, I always get an awful headache when (very occasionally) have to resort to using it. Glad the stitches are out mick.

Puppy barking at the bottom of the stairs, must get up and face him and the day! Wishing everyone a good day and especially those with worries and ills.

BlueBalou Fri 28-Jan-22 07:53:55

Good morning everyone from a slightly frosty Wiltshire, there’s a perfect crescent moon in the sky!
I overdid it yesterday getting the house sorted after my huge declutter of the dresser and living room so felt decidedly off last night. Damned heart failure ?
So.....apart from ironing and walking DDog I have nothing planned today. I really need to focus on starting the yoke of a baby’s cardigan, so perhaps I will sit quietly later and try to get it started.
No idea what we’re eating for dinner, it’ll be pot luck today!

Grandmadinosaur Fri 28-Jan-22 07:53:59

Happy Anniversary to Sar and Mr S enjoy your day.

Enjoy Cirque de Soleil Gingster I haven’t been but have a friend who has and says it is excellent.

baubles Fri 28-Jan-22 07:58:22

Good morning Mick, morning all from South Lanarkshire where it’s 3* and cloudy.

We had a lovely afternoon with the East Coast GC yesterday which included a visit to the new bookshop before our walk along the front to our favourite cafe where one child always has a raspberry ripple cone with a flake but the other who doesn’t like ice cream has a bit of my scone.

DoutLaw who is pregnant was looking more like herself too, she’s been very tired and I’d been a bit worried about her.

I’m glad you’re feeling a bit brighter Mattie.

A good day Gingster, it took me four goes yesterday, I wasn’t pleased. Enjoy your outing. That sounds unpleasant Ash, hope you’re ok today.

Don’t be overdoing things Marydoll.

I’m off to work again. This is my last week of working four days as my training period finishes tomorrow so as as if next week I’ll be in for two days. I’m glad of that, it’s been tiring although it was rather nice to have a couple of weeks pay drop into my account for the first time in years.

Have the best day possible whatever you’re doing. ??

Grandmabatty Fri 28-Jan-22 08:00:46

Good morning all from Polmont where it's currently 5° and dry. It looks cloudy though. Still quite dark. Snow is forecast for bits of Scotland on Sunday, I believe. Sar Happy anniversary to you both. Mick I'm sure that the scars will fade in time. Kittylester what a lovely response from your dgd to seeing you. Marydoll it's amazing how happy I am with cheap storage boxes and everything organised!
Yesterday was a busy day for me. I finished all the clearing out of cupboards and did some tidying. I even went into the garden but it was far too cold to stay out for long. However a good sweeping up was had! Today I'm not sure what I'll get up to. I have thank you cards from my dd to deliver to friends of mine who gave her baby presents for the chunky monkey. He's wearing the same clothes at ten weeks that his big brother wore at sixteen weeks! So I might go out delivering. I have a birthday present to buy for a friend too. I hope you all have a good day.