Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday 28th January 2022

(81 Posts)
Michael12 Fri 28-Jan-22 06:02:53

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but its dry outside here in brackley this morning.
Yesterdays stitch removal went to plan , but signs of where the laceration still show.
Today, I plan to0 get the bus to Bicester early as its market day there, and return to get Fish & Chips as a take away .
Take Care,
Mick

Beauregard Fri 28-Jan-22 08:02:21

Good morning from Derbyshire where it's dry with little cloud and getting milder throughout the day.

DH needs a new battery for his car and has booked to have it fitted at a motoring store on a retail park this morning. So, never one to miss an opportunity, I began to think of which shops I could go in while there? However DH as always has other ideas, and has planned a route for a nice long walk instead! Should I shop or should I be good and get my walking boots on? hmm As we're going for lunch afterwards I might have to choose the walking option ?

Hope Friday is a good day for all.

Pittcity Fri 28-Jan-22 08:02:46

Good morning from a brightening Colchester where we have a heavy frost. The temperature is up and down but no rain for ages.
We've noticed the birds, animals and plants all think that spring has sprung.
Nothing on the calendar this weekend so DH has decided to go fishing. I'll have a long walk and then get going on the skirting boards. It's the bit DH doesn't do while decorating. I'll pull back the carpets as we will be replacing them sometime this year.
Love to all ? x

AGAA4 Fri 28-Jan-22 08:05:20

Good morning from North Wales. I have an engineer coming soon to service my boiler, I hope. It has been cancelled 3 times.

I bought myself a new jumper yesterday while out shopping. I haven't bought much in the last two years.

Happy Anniversary to sar ?
Glad your ear is on the mend Mick.

Have a good day everyone. Wishing you all some ☀️

Gingster Fri 28-Jan-22 08:06:52

HappyAnniversary Sar. Enjoy your meal. ❤️

13Nana Fri 28-Jan-22 08:12:09

Good Morning Everyone from grey South Nottinghamshire, have completed my 30 min Yoga with Adriene! Still on Day one over a year in but one doesn't want to rush these thing smile, plan is to hang out the washing on this grey grey day as daughters tumble dryer has come to a sticky end and they will be using ours and want theirs back before we need ours! then tackle a particularly stubborn patch of old raspberrys at the allotment - well that is the plan....
Michael12 enjoy your fish and chips a well deserved treat,
Alizarin envious, sitting in Cornwall how wonderful and Gingster good going with the Bowls.. must admit my game is more miss than hit - have a great day all

Lins1066 Fri 28-Jan-22 08:19:43

Good morning all from a corner of the S Welsh coast, just looked out and it is misty.
GrandmaSeaDragon we have an eighteen months old show cocker, he's lively too. He was picked up by the groomers at 7.40, they spoil him.
Book Club later, this month's choice is Kate Robert's " Feet in Chains ", looking forward to seeing the gang, though not sure how many will turn up.
A Chinese meal tonight and no cooking for me.
Have a good day everyone.

Nannytopsy Fri 28-Jan-22 08:20:56

Good morning Mick and all his followers. It’s frosty here in Suffolk with mostly blue skies.
DGS has given us his cold (bless!) and we are sneezing and snuffling in harmony. All their house have it too. It isn’t a bad cold but it’s so long since we had one! At least I can avoid going to the dentist on Monday - sorry Kitty, I know there are some nice dentists!
This morning is a click and collect to restock our cupboards.
I have yet more washing and plenty of ironing so that will keep me busy this afternoon.
Gingster we saw C d S a few years ago and found it amazing. Enjoy yourselves.
Hope all those who overdid it improve today and that the day is kind to everyone.

GrannyGravy13 Fri 28-Jan-22 08:22:37

Happy Anniversary to you both Sar53 ?? hope you enjoy your meal (where are you going)

Enjoy Cirque de Soleil Gingster

Georgesgran Fri 28-Jan-22 08:22:49

Good morning from a very cold Durham. My car is iced up. The paving chaps are still here and my mantra is that ‘it’s going to look far worse before it starts to looks better!’ What a mess. They are working at the back, front and side of the house and it’s like living in a goldfish bowl. To make matters worse DD2 has asked me to hold onto her dogs another day, as they have a pest control appointment and want to keep them out of the way. I will take them out for a walk, but I don’t want to over do things for the older dog and I can’t let them wander in and out of the house either. Never mind, it’s only for today and I’ll take them home later. Hope everyone has the best day. X

Susan56 Fri 28-Jan-22 08:29:54

Good morning from Shropshire.

We didn’t go to toddler group yesterday as Henry wanted to stay at home.We had our first attempt at making vegan cupcakes.Henry was so excited and the cakes were a success so at last we have found a recipe that is suitable for him with his severe allergies.

I will pick M up from school later then both children are staying overnight?They have only both stayed together once before and it was not a success as Henry was awake most of the night,not unhappy just awake?hope tonight is better??????

Gingster what a treat, have a lovely time?

Mick glad the stitch removal went well and Ash sorry you had such a bad reaction.I would echo Marydoll’s advice and speak to the pharmacist.

Have a good day everyone and thoughts are with those unwell and worried about unwell family members.

??

dragonfly46 Fri 28-Jan-22 08:37:44

Good morning from Leicestershire, not foggy kitty but dull.

DS and family coming for the weekend today so a busy day ahead prepping meals etc.
Got a clean bill of health from my lovely dentist yesterday - there are some out there!

Hope you feel better today Ash.
Was pleased to hear Chrissielou’s DD is out of hospital.
Hope everyone has a good day.

Alygran Fri 28-Jan-22 08:39:28

Good morning from North Yorkshire. It’s a frosty start.
I have a bit of ironing to do before going out for coffee with friends. After lunch I am driving to Derbyshire for DGS’s birthday tomorrow.
The garage could find nothing wrong with the car but at least it came back clean.
Have a good day everyone.

Grandmajean Fri 28-Jan-22 08:39:41

Good morning from Cheshire.
Happy Anniversary Sar
I would love to see a picture of your pup GrandmaSeaDragon It's quite easy if you're using a phone to post a pic.
Kind thoughts to all who are not having a good week.

Chrissielou Fri 28-Jan-22 08:41:22

A beautiful cold, frosty, sunny morning at last in my rural corner of Oxfordshire. Gingster I hope you have a wonderful time!
So pleased its Friday, its been a long week, hopefully a quieter weekend in store. Click/collect tonight to pick up, but a bit of a dash to get there in time as I have a late afternoon meeting. A relaxing evening beckons.
flowers for everyone, just because it's Friday!

Anniebach Fri 28-Jan-22 08:41:45

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

NannyJan53 Fri 28-Jan-22 08:42:49

Good morning from a dull and grey Black Country.

Lovely sunny walk ​yesterday with a walking group, then coffee after.

No real plans today, may do some housework, and try to work out what I can do for MrJ's birthday which is just over a week away

Wishing you all a good day

Stilllearning Fri 28-Jan-22 08:47:35

Morning from S Lanarkshire where it’s dry but parky. We’re quite high up here and definitely feel the cold!

I was glad yesterday to see better news of your DD Ashcombe but sorry to read this morning about the rough time you’re having yourself. I hope your pharmacist can help sort things out for you.

No particular plans for today, a walk to take stuff to the charity shop and to get fish for tea and probably a visit to an old friend who has huge physical difficulties but is absolutely indomitable.

Happy anniversary Sar and best wishes to everyone for a good peaceful day ???

EkwaNimitee Fri 28-Jan-22 08:57:57

Good morning Mick and everyone from grey and gloomy Carlisle. At least it's not windy and raining. I have to go out late morning. I am due an MRI scan of the head. This was requested by my GP back in the autumn after several weeks of daily headaches. The headaches have since reverted to occasional--I'm a headachey person--but I guess the scan should go ahead. I'm must admit I'm not too happy about it, it's the thought of having my brain magnetised and it not functioning as well after. I know from my knowledge and researches that this is perfectly silly thinking but still....! I'm not worried that they'll find something nasty but I do hope they'll find something i.e my brain, all of it.
Yesterday afternoon I was out in the garden, removing a little more turf (I keep mentioning this and you may wonder if there's any lawn left by this time and, yes, there is, a lot!) and preparing the ground for a compost bin that's on the way.
Today is housework day and hopefully I will not find more of DS2's possessions. Yesterday I posted a small parcel of them down to DS1 ready for collection by DS2 when he returns from a visit.
Wishing you all the best possible day.

Jaxjacky Fri 28-Jan-22 09:03:53

Good morning all from a frosty S Hants.
Happy Anniversary Sar enjoy your evening.
Hope that settles with the spray Ash, not good.
Admin today with grocery delivery pm.
Wishing all those poorly a rapid improvement.
Enjoy your day ???.

monk08 Fri 28-Jan-22 09:18:23

Good morning all from the Black country quite mild here.
43 posts already so I've a lot of catching up to do with my cuppa.
Nice surprise yesterday I enjoy doing competitions and a package arrived with a voucher for TUI travel and various travel accessories including a 4 wheeled star wars case, so if you see 1 being pushed at Birmingham airport you'll know its me?. Think DS will take charge of that though. Voucher lasts till 2025 so plenty of time to use it, holiday already paid for this year.
Meeting friends later at the club.
Enjoy your Friday and may you all find some ?.

Beauregard Fri 28-Jan-22 09:27:23

We'll be at Birmingham airport in September (all being well) monk. I'll look out for the case!!

Marydoll Fri 28-Jan-22 09:30:44

Happy anniversary, Mr & Mrs Sar. ?

EkwaNimitee, I have had a fair number of brains scans. I will leave you to make your own conclusions of the after effects. wink

monk08 Fri 28-Jan-22 09:33:09

Happy Anniversary Sar enjoy your day ?

Beechnut Fri 28-Jan-22 09:44:27

Happy Anniversary Mr&MrsSar enjoy your meal this evening ??

Blossoming Fri 28-Jan-22 09:45:14

Good morning Mick and everybody. Cloudy and grey in my corner of Lancashire this morning, currently 6°. Housework this morning, walk after lunch.

Happy anniversary to Sar

Wishing you all the best possible day. May all those with worries find some comfort and all who are under the weather find some relief. ?