Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday 28th January 2022

(81 Posts)
Michael12 Fri 28-Jan-22 06:02:53

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but its dry outside here in brackley this morning.
Yesterdays stitch removal went to plan , but signs of where the laceration still show.
Today, I plan to0 get the bus to Bicester early as its market day there, and return to get Fish & Chips as a take away .
Take Care,
Mick

Feelingmyage55 Fri 28-Jan-22 19:50:33

Lovely to hear from you grandmaFrench and thank you for the sunshine.

Tina49 Fri 28-Jan-22 18:58:49

Lovely to hear from Grandmafrench - wish I was there!

Hope you’re ok Kali2 - I did that last year / very painful.

brook2704 Fri 28-Jan-22 18:49:53

Ooh just noticed Grandmafrench’s lovely picture
Hi ? Hope all is well, we miss you ??

GrannyGravy13 Fri 28-Jan-22 17:24:45

Oh dear Kali2 I do hope you are not to badly sore and bruised

GrannyGravy13 Fri 28-Jan-22 17:24:15

Lovely to hear from you Grandmafrench ?‍♀️

Grammaretto Fri 28-Jan-22 16:40:30

Kali that sounds horrifying but really you were very lucky. A friend of mine did something similar about a year ago and she is still not healed.
Take care everyone!

Stilllearning Fri 28-Jan-22 13:46:59

Lovely welcome picture of another life Grandmafrench! ?

gillgran Fri 28-Jan-22 12:14:23

Good to "see" you Grandmafrench, lovely photo.

Kind regards to to you & all on Mick's GM thread.

grandMattie Fri 28-Jan-22 11:50:12

So, so pleased to see you, grandmafrench. We missed you!

boat Fri 28-Jan-22 11:36:30

Good morning Mick, good morning All.

Yesterday my phone said it was 6 degrees but it felt a lot colder so finally I gritted my teeth and looked in the last possible place I could have stored my thermal underwear - under the padded couch in the main cabin.

This involved taking off the cushions and the slats they rest on. Eureka! I now feel almost cosy; perhaps I should wear two lots at the same time.

Come Spring I'm going to get everything out and make a list of where everything is stored. La la la.

Meanwhile to everyone, have the best day you can and may it be better tomorrow.

merlotgran Fri 28-Jan-22 11:26:41

A late Good Morning from sunny but chilly South Hants. Having my gutters cleaned out, soffits and conservatory roof washed etc., so I’ve picked the right day for it.

Ouch! Kali2 That sounds painful.

Hope everyone has a good day. Take care!

EllanVannin Fri 28-Jan-22 11:23:10

Good Morning All x.
Sun's out and it's nice and bright. Another late riser after two consecutive disturbed nights.
The night before it was about a dozen police cars in the distance with their sirens going, which still buzzed in my ears after they'd gone, then last night it was some clown playing drums on the bins which were out for todays collection.
All as I was just dropping off, quite late too.

Never mind, it's not as though I have to be up for work or anything.

Quite a lot of busyness going on with everyone with one thing and another, don't know what I'll be getting up to yet though there's plenty that I could or should be doing.

I missed my pharmacy delivery the other day as I must have been in the garden feeding old Tom when the chap called. It usually goes through the letter box but with one of the script it's 3 boxes at a time so wouldn't have fitted through. I hope it comes today or I'm snookered for the weekend. Since once ordering a week before I should have ( not allowed ), I now tend to leave it to the bitter end and on occasion leave myself without for a couple of days. Not overly important really as I must now be immune to some of them grin

The usual fish, chips and peas today so no preparing as such.

Hoping everyone is okay and the poorly ones are improving. yours is probably the aftermath of recent worries Ashcombe so I hope today is better for you.

Take care all and keep staying safe. Enjoy the day. xx

muse Fri 28-Jan-22 11:09:08

Good Morning Mick (healing well?) and all Morningsters.
Dry and a glimpse of sun in mid Cornwall.

Enjoy Newquay Ali. Best time of year to visit. I need to get to the garden centre there soon. I bought two huge pots from them in November. One still needs something to fill it.

Feelingmyage55 I too was thinking of Panache yesterday. I've just checked on another thread that she posts on, but there's been nothing for a while. Before Christmas, I think. Hope she is coping.

?Now that has lifted my morning too - Sunny French France photos are most welcome on this thread GrandmaFrench. I will smile and soldier on and definitely keep safe. A walk with the dog today is all that I plan today.

Happy Anniversary Mr and Mrs Sar.?

Kali2 Fri 28-Jan-22 11:02:53

Thanks umg- sore but no serious harm done hopefully. You should have seen Minou's face!

Found it strange that it 'made Grandmabatty's day' - but then realised she was responding to a previous post. LOL.

monk08 Fri 28-Jan-22 10:56:38

Merci for photo GrandmaFrench lovely to see you posting ?

NannyJan53 Fri 28-Jan-22 10:53:58

Hello Grandmafrench good to see you posting!

Chris3 we are due to fly to Lanzarote in March after cancellations too! Not looking forward to the extra paperwork, ie Passenger Locator forms etc. Hope you enjoy your time away.

EkwaNimitee Fri 28-Jan-22 10:53:01

Marydoll, thank you, that made me laugh! I think your posts reveal that your brain, if not the rest of you, is in fine working order.

Urmstongran Fri 28-Jan-22 10:52:17

Hi to you too Kali2 ? you don’t usually post on here. Goodness that sounds painful. We are a bit old I think for attempting the splits at this stage in our lives!
?

Urmstongran Fri 28-Jan-22 10:50:12

And mine! Hi GrandmaFrench I really do miss you.
?

Grandmabatty Fri 28-Jan-22 10:30:50

Well that's just made my morning. Waving furiously to Grandmafrench.

Kali2 Fri 28-Jan-22 10:18:01

ankle!

Kali2 Fri 28-Jan-22 10:17:52

Another beautiful day, still lots of snow. VERY cold! Went out to feed the birds in the garden. Stepped out on first step - and right leg went flying down the 3 steps and beyond, and the left leg stayed at the top bent behind me! Body slipped down the 3 steps and just could not get up. Fortunately there was a sheepskin at side of stop step for Minou, so was able to grab it and somehow get to my knees. I really 'frit meself'.

Sore knee (replacement) and anckle, but it seems no serious harm done, and I didn't bang my head either. Pheew. Good job I've got massage booked for this afternoon.

harrigran Fri 28-Jan-22 10:14:39

Good morning from a grey but dry NE.
DS came yesterday and we played Scrabble, I still haven't beaten him. He collected GD2 from school in Durham and brought her here, she did her homework while I cooked and then she did her piano practice. She is studying for her grade 4.
Today is housework day but I don't seem to have much energy so we shall see what gets done.
Take care.

luluaugust Fri 28-Jan-22 10:11:35

Good morning all from sunny W Kent. First morning waking to find it is light at seven o'clock. Now running late as spent too long in warm bed reading Emily Matliss's account of her P A interview! Off for small shop and then tackle ironing. Glad the stitches are out Mick. Good wishes to all

Grammaretto Fri 28-Jan-22 10:06:48

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders. 8°C so it is warmer.
I heard from my cousin in Boston who is expecting mountains of snow. We often get their weather a week later....
Late today so I am skimming some of your posts.
Glad your stitches are out Mick
Sounds as though you are doing far too much Marydoll sorting shoes indeed tch tch
Happy anniversary Sar hope you have a great time.

I have yoga on zoom this morning so had better prepare. clear a space on the floor and hoover under the settee as it is a distraction
Have as happy a day as you can.