Gransnet forums

Chat

Soop`s cheerful recuperative kitchen

(1001 Posts)
Hellogirl1 Thu 17-Feb-22 22:00:28

Sorry about the title, me brain`s not at it`s best at this time of day!

harrigran Fri 18-Feb-22 10:12:28

Good morning kitcheners and especially soop.
I understand how you are feeling as you learn to live your different life, I am six years down the road and you do get used to it ?

Nannyfaraway Fri 18-Feb-22 10:33:06

Good morning all. That's a great title Marydoll. Thanks for opening a new kitchen.
The storm is picking up here getting very windy.
DH and I are having a lazy morning. Still in bed having a cuppa.

Grandmabatty Fri 18-Feb-22 10:38:54

Great name for the kitchen Hellogirl. I've been to Aldi and have made an enormous pot of lentil soup with loads of vegetables. That'll do me all weekend and well into next week. The weather is wet here but a few miles away the road from dunblane to Perth is closed because of snow. Some of the cars at Aldi had heaps of snow too. I hope Soop is resting. I hope the Irish, Welsh and English kitcheners are safe.

Dogsmakemesmile Fri 18-Feb-22 10:59:23

Best wishes to you and thinking of your friend Aldom

Aldom Fri 18-Feb-22 11:07:25

Dogsmakemesmile thank you. By the way, I cancelled my zoom meeting yesterday and slept most of the day. Feeling better today.
I've just checked and the wind speed where I am is currently 61 mph. I think the fence on the right side of my rear garden might blow down. It's my neighbours responsibility thankfully.

gillgran Fri 18-Feb-22 11:10:06

Like the name of this kitchen, Hellogirl, very "apt".!

Seems to be a bit of a lull before the main storm here in N.,Cambs., at the moment, ( I keep thinking of our little "home-from-home" on the NWNorfolk coast, storm Eunice due there this afternoon, I think.)

Stay safe everyone, Warm wishes to you all, especially soop as she regains her strength & recovers.

brook2704 Fri 18-Feb-22 11:31:04

Such a lovely kitchen to be in on an awful weather day. Not windy here in Inverness but we’ve had snow all morning with more to come. So I’m staying in too, I should be doing some cleaning but haven’t really got on with it yet!
Lentil soup grandmabatty that’ll do me nicely if you’ll like to leave some in the kitchen!
Hoping your friend improves a bit Aldom sad and worrying times ahead
Also such a shame for your DGS maddy hope he’s back out with his friends soon
Stay safe everyone

Callistemon21 Fri 18-Feb-22 11:38:25

It's an excellent name, Hellogirl - somewhere safe and cosy where everyone can come for some R&R (Rest and Recuperation)

Hoping you all stay safe in the storm, it's extremely windy and a bit wet here but no trees down in our road (yet) ?

Best wishes to The Soops ?

Jaxjacky Fri 18-Feb-22 11:49:42

Oh, lovely brook.
Hoping for good news Aldom for your friend ?
Strong winds here, actually ‘whistling’ around the house, intermittent sun/showers. Locally, trees are down, closing roads, sea walls breached and bus services terminated. Our GP is no face to face appointments, replaced by phone consultations.

Baggs Fri 18-Feb-22 11:58:04

Latest from soop: "walked ward and did stairs. Showered and wearing new nightie. May be going home tomorrow. Big love and group hugs."

Woohoo! Fantastic! Fingers crossed, everyone. Go soop! ? ? ? ? ?

Baggs Fri 18-Feb-22 11:58:45

PS I sent hugs and love from you all back.

soop Fri 18-Feb-22 12:11:08

Actually its Mr Soop.

My Dearly Beloved had a good nights sleep and is now preparing for a busy day today [Friday]. Mr McCourtney would not allow her to be released today because of the bad weather [thank goodness] but possibly tomorrow. hopefully. Although it has not been a holiday, Soop cannot speak highly enough of Mr McC and all the staff in the hospital, which has helped to make a stressful situation bearable. Soop sends her love to all you kindly and generous folks, and I send mine also . You are a lovely bunch. XXX

Galen Fri 18-Feb-22 12:12:13

Currently gusting 57 mph hee

Marydoll Fri 18-Feb-22 12:12:59

Oh lovely news. Mr Soop, weather not good at all here Best to stay safe. Mx

Susan56 Fri 18-Feb-22 12:31:58

Thank you for the positive updates Baggs and Mr soop.

How wonderful if soop can go home tomorrow but please take care driving Mr soop.

Doodle Fri 18-Feb-22 12:48:10

Thank you Mr Soop and Baggs for the news. Wishing Soop a steady recovery and hope she is back home safely and comfortable soon.

ixion Fri 18-Feb-22 13:05:18

Wow, that's some recovery!
You are doing so well.
Thank you Mr.Soop for your sterling work!

Grandmadinosaur Fri 18-Feb-22 13:22:45

Thank you MrSoop for that wonderful news. What a trooper that lady is. Shame the weather out paid to her release but better safe than sorry especially as you Mr.S would have to travel to collect her.

GrandmaSeaDragon Fri 18-Feb-22 13:28:29

Thank you mr soop for the very positive update. So glad to read how well soop is recovering. Fingers crossed for release tomorrow, you certainly would not want to be on the roads today, if it’s as rough as it is in the East Midlands just now. I wonder if you have snow today, as just watching the 1 o’clock news and seeing Glasgow pictures.

Hope everyone keeps well and safe as storm Eunice passes over the country.

maddyone Fri 18-Feb-22 13:40:22

Wonderful news about soop.

brook2704 Fri 18-Feb-22 13:47:36

Thank you Mr Soop and Baggs for the updates
Good to hear soop is doing so well

TillyTrotter Fri 18-Feb-22 13:49:44

Lovely news from Mr soop. Sending fondest wishes to you both. It will be fantastic if soop is ready to leave hospital this weekend.
Hellogirl thank you for opening the new kitchen late last night; I think I was already asleep.
*Charleygirl” does your rotary line have red and green pegs on? I think it may have landed in my garden like a spaceship! ?
Take care everyone. Eunice is out there doing her worst.

cornergran Fri 18-Feb-22 13:52:56

Thank you baggs and mr soop. That sounds a courageous early recovery.

Really rough here, feel quite anxious. So far it’s only our fence that is a casualty although the roof has been talking to us all morning. There’s a lot of structural damage in the area. Supposed to ease later though. Like most things the storm will pass.

Stay safe everyone.

Jaxjacky Fri 18-Feb-22 13:58:11

Thank you Mrsoop and Baggs for heartwarming updates..

Nannytopsy Fri 18-Feb-22 14:02:24

Thank you Mrsoop for keeping us updated. I hope your weather isn’t too bad for your journey tomorrow.
So far we have one snapped arras rail and our neighbour’s fence is rocking wildly. They said there was nothing wrong with it!
DGC have been collected and we are all hoping their big sister can keep her legs crossed for at least a few hours. A 40 minute trip to hospital would not be ideal in the wind, even if mum is a midwife!
Stay safe!

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion