Gransnet forums

Chat

Your day as a newspaper headline

(223 Posts)
lovebeigecardigans1955 Thu 24-Feb-22 16:12:10

Just for fun, if your 'doings' today (no matter how mundane) were to appear as a newspaper headline, how would it read?

Mine would be, 'OAP takes bus to town to collect lottery winnings.'

(Just £5 in reality, but better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick).

BBbevan Thu 24-Feb-22 18:07:43

Carmarthenshire woman waited in vain for the builder

EkwaNimitee Thu 24-Feb-22 18:12:05

Tough old woman carrying giant sack of mulch…
And another, and another, and another!

Grandmabatty Thu 24-Feb-22 18:29:02

Woman and daughter ate their weight in sandwiches, scones and cakes and refused to pay.
Afternoon tea for lunch at a lovely local hotel. Already paid ?

GagaJo Thu 24-Feb-22 18:32:01

Grieving teacher finds solace in her lovely students.

Ohmother Thu 24-Feb-22 18:45:15

Woman wakes up feeling like her head had been held in a vice all night ?

I’m much better but don’t feel 100% yet. ?

downtoearth Thu 24-Feb-22 18:48:15

Grandmother 69 in purple velour leisure suit drank wine ,ate crisps,and danced to a shufflle on alexa ,wihout knowing what she was dancing too.
Guilty as charged

Redhead56 Thu 24-Feb-22 19:10:38

Such a funny thread!

CanadianGran Thu 24-Feb-22 19:17:46

Transport clerical worker caught longingly staring out window at blue sky and sunshine on trees.

Having a relatively quiet day at her computer, any issues at hand taken care of, the clerk was found with a blank gaze and the worried frown slowly easing. Taking a moment to pray for others in turmoil on the other side of the world, she slowly eased back to the tasks at hand.

Casdon Thu 24-Feb-22 19:20:32

Heartless woman ignores spaniel howling for a treat for three long minutes before capitulating - will be charged for cruelty to said dog.

CanadianGran Thu 24-Feb-22 19:23:54

Sorry, I know this was meant to be a light thread... can't help but be worried.

On page 3:

Clerical worker and grandmother returned home from a weekend away on Tuesday to find her husband had put a first coat of paint on the bathroom, and plans on second coat today. She enthusiastically praised him and looks forward to a fresh looking update.

Maggiemaybe Thu 24-Feb-22 19:26:54

Nanna, 67, slips on polished parquet while performing Going on a Lion Hunt dance for grandson, 22 months. Threatens in foul-mouthed rant to sue daughter for excessive housekeeping standards.

Grannynannywanny Thu 24-Feb-22 19:42:29

67 year old grandmother needs to wash her mouth out with soap and water after stepping off a ladder into a tray of emulsion she was about to use on her bedroom ceiling. ? ?

Riverwalk Thu 24-Feb-22 19:43:51

Grandma watched the goings-on between a nanny and the chimneysweep!

Curlywhirly Thu 24-Feb-22 20:00:10

33kg labrador sits on tiny 5ft owners knee, rendering the owner unable to see the TV or move her legs!

Oldwoman70 Thu 24-Feb-22 20:06:01

Elderly woman hostage in her own home, unable to leave after receiving text advising a parcel would be delivered between 10 am and 11 am, parcel finally arrived at 3.30

Sago Thu 24-Feb-22 20:20:39

In a race against time grandmother battles the elements to cross the county to install state of the art energy saving device.

I drove from East Yorkshire to North Yorkshire in the sleet and wind to get a hive hub installed in our holiday let.
I had to do it quick sticks as I has a cool bag full of food from Booths.

Floriel Thu 24-Feb-22 20:28:51

Mits give kit a hissy fit

Yes another Maine Coon story. There seem to be several of us besotted owners on Gransnet. Has anyone found a way to groom out the mats AND keep your fingers? I’ve tried leather gloves but he still gets me on the wrist.
PS He’s a darling boy really.

lixy Thu 24-Feb-22 20:38:48

Grandma honoured by family!

I was left in charge of new grandchild for one whole hour while DS worked from home and DDiL had a nap. I felt so privileged.

Greenfinch Thu 24-Feb-22 20:53:54

Dinner disaster. Woman buys ingredients but manages to lose recipe.

NanKate Thu 24-Feb-22 21:42:34

‘Female fan glued to the Tennis Tournament in Mexico watching her favourite player Rafa N, whilst ignoring all her household duties! It’s rumoured she will do the same tomorrow’ ??☕️?

Shinamae Thu 24-Feb-22 21:48:14

Most of these are absolutely hilarious, great thread!! ????

ginny Thu 24-Feb-22 21:55:53

Woman overcomes all odds and gets it right at last!

I’ve had 5 attempts to get started in a new crochet blanket. Finally got the hang after the pattern.

Mollygo Thu 24-Feb-22 23:12:04

Hail to the chief! DH takes our dog for a walk and ends up in a hailstorm.

Chestnut Thu 24-Feb-22 23:36:56

Elderly woman bravely makes it down the cellar steps and back to read her electricity meter.

It was a tough call she said, the steps are steep and made of stone. And after the shock of reading the meter it was twice as hard getting back up. She had to hold onto the stair rail with some force.

hollysteers Thu 24-Feb-22 23:51:28

Plucky Granny battles fierce coastal winds to post long overdue heavy music score.