Gransnet forums

Chat

So now we have Deltacron.

(85 Posts)
snowberryZ Fri 11-Mar-22 20:46:25

Does this mean it's will be highly contagious like Omicron, but pack a punch like Delta?confused
I expect we will find out more in the coming days
Hopefully it will be mild symptoms again.

growstuff Sat 12-Mar-22 16:22:11

Callistemon21

growstuff

PS. I'm not living a "half life". Are you?

It depends what you define as a half life compared to a full life.

Mine is limited at the moment compared to what it was three years ago.

In that case, I'm sorry for being insensitive. I most certainly am not living a "half life", despite continuing to wear a mask and keeping away from people, especially in an enclosed space.

The point is that pretending the virus has gone away won't give you back your full life, which depends on other people having some respect for you. I really despair at the mindless mantra about "living with Covid". It's like "getting Brexit done", which meant umpteen different things to different people.

"Living with Covid" means having accurate information and mitigating risk according to circumstances, not throwing all caution to the wind, which some people seem to want.

growstuff Sat 12-Mar-22 16:24:29

Casdon

There’s a test they do, swab like for covid, so it’s laboratory diagnosed cases of flu that are recorded.

I've never had anything remotely flu-like, so I didn't know. I assume it has to be ordered through the GP. Personally, I avoid going to a GP if possible, if I'm infectious.

M0nica Sat 12-Mar-22 18:10:23

Living with COVID is also about reading the statistics carefully and making judgements based on facts not feelings.

Casdon Sat 12-Mar-22 19:31:04

I think you’d probably only get the test for flu if you were ill enough to be in hospital or were visited at home by a healthcare professional. You have a very high temperature, which would be one indicator. I’ve had flu once in my life, and I felt so ill I couldn’t get out of bed except to visit the toilet. It was horrible.

Pittcity Sat 12-Mar-22 20:24:45

Jaxjacky

Oops if your husband has had a PCR test, as our grandson did yesterday, they will know which type.

My PCR test result from last week simply said Positive. No indication of strain.
I don't think letting you know which type you have will help you at all. It is only of use to the experts.

Jaxjacky Sat 12-Mar-22 20:58:07

That’s me told then growstuff my own fault for not noticing the ‘all’.

M0nica Sun 13-Mar-22 09:17:51

growstuff Living with Covid" means having accurate information and mitigating risk according to circumstances, not throwing all caution to the wind, which some people seem to want.^

What this seems to mean is that if having taken everything into consideration and considered the facts, your interpretation of what it is safe and reasonable to do is more expansive and freer than someone else's, then you are 'throwing caution to the winds' reckless and without any regard for other people, while they are a pattern of rectitude.

Oopsadaisy1 Mon 14-Mar-22 09:48:19

We’ve been very careful since Covid appeared.

However, MrOops tested negative on the Monday, he took the test because the person he had a meeting with on the Friday contacted him on Sunday and said that he had tested positive for Covid.
On Tuesday morning he was a bit sniffy, as it was a bit early in the year for Hayfever he took another test and it was positive, by that evening he was full of cold, sore throat, coughing, as someone said like having the flu.
If you can be fine to go out with no symptoms with a negative result and then positive with symptoms 24hours later then it is very difficult to avoid Covid.
Needless to say I tested positive 4 days later…..
As we both have Asthma we were very worried, so far so good though, although I wouldn’t want anyone to catch it to find out how bad it can be.

Oopsadaisy1 Mon 14-Mar-22 09:49:56

Oops forgot to say that MrOops took a LFT an hour before the meeting on the Friday, (we assumed that the person he met also did this) it was negative.