Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Good Friday 15th April 2022

(75 Posts)
Michael12 Fri 15-Apr-22 05:58:54

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dry and clear at the moment in brackley this morning , yesterday did the trip to Bicester and stayed on the bus, and then got a lunch box from Chippy consists of Chips, Cod, and Sausage plus curry sauce .
Today usual shop then stay in its a Sunday bus service so no link to Bicester .
Take Care,
Mick

GrannyGravy13 Fri 15-Apr-22 07:41:09

Morning Mick and all

The sun is shining here in S E Essex, we are off to middle sons for lunch today, (I will wave to you *Sar53) as he lives just off if the seafront I hope the traffic is not to heavy.

Happy Birthday grandMattie ??? no doubt you will be busy busy, but I do hope you have time to make special birthday memories (((hugs)))

Sending (((hugs))) to Marydoll I do hope you are ok.

Wishing you all a peaceful Good Friday

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️?

Chrissielou Fri 15-Apr-22 07:47:07

A very beautiful sunny start in my rural corner of Oxfordshire. A day of gardening, walking the dog and reading in the garden. We are having a day out with all the GC and both DSs and DiL at at a local wildlife park tomorrow so I will do some baking for our picnic today too. DD1 will stay home and rest.
Thinking of all those of us with worries and health problems, and a happy birthday to GM too, I hope the day is a peaceful and gentle one for you.

Gwenisgreat1 Fri 15-Apr-22 07:51:20

Good morning all from sunny Harrogate
Happy Birthday grandmattie hope it proves to be a happy one!
Yesterday we had a visit to Aldi where DH bought a lawnmower- we’ve had 2 Bosch’s since we moved to this house 6 years ago, they have both broken so we are trying Aldi’s version. We have to put it together today.
Apart from that, nothing much doing today. DD2 is in wretford with DGS having a little break.
Saying prayers for * Marydoll* hope her treatment does the job.
Glad you had your bus jaunt yesterday Mick take care the rest of the weekend
Have the best day possible folks

Grandmajean Fri 15-Apr-22 07:55:08

Wishing all a peaceful Good Friday.
Happy birthday GrandMattie

ShazzaKanazza Fri 15-Apr-22 07:55:28

Matt is on form again this morning Urmstongran ?
Grandmadinosaur you and DH are very welcome to come for a cuppa in our garden this afternoon we will be sitting outside.

Grandmadinosaur Fri 15-Apr-22 07:59:33

Thank you Shazza that’s very kind. I’ll WhatsApp you later when we are up and running !

echt Fri 15-Apr-22 08:02:21

Good afternoon from Melbourne, where Good Friday is taken very seriously indeed; almost all shops closed, no tradie work going on where I am. A profound hush - and that's in a suburb that is very quiet anyway.

I made my pace eggs. Here they are:

monk08 Fri 15-Apr-22 08:02:47

Good morning all from a sunny Black country.
No plans today shall perhaps do some more of my knitting, not progressing very well.
?welcome to all the newbies there seemed very many yesterday.
Birthday greetings for grandMattie,have the best day you can?.
Thank you Ash for your book recommendation yesterday I shall look her up its one I think I'll enjoy.
Hope Mary is resting and being well looked after.
Well kettle boiled I shall make my drink and read through your posts.
Take care all enjoy your day and may you all find some ?.

NannyJan53 Fri 15-Apr-22 08:03:26

Good morning from a bright and sunny Black Country.

We travelled back from Somerset yesterday on the M5. It was busy, but moving so we were back in just over 2 hours! It was lovely to spend a few days with DS, DIL and DGD (eldest being almost 18 and a car driver stayed at home). We are all set now for our trip to Bude in May.

No wifi on the site so haven't read all the news this week.

I can see Marydoll is unwell, so wish her a speedy recovery.

I hope you can have a peaceful and gentle birthday grandMattie flowers

Jaxjacky Fri 15-Apr-22 08:09:33

Good morning all from a bright sunshiney S Hants. Sending you wishes for a peaceful birthday grandMattie ?.
Good you got out Mick MrJ always has a battered sausage too.
Lots of new people yesterday, a big welcome and Good Morning to you all.
I hope to test negative later today, day 9, not that we go anywhere on BH weekends, but family here Sunday.
Go gently this Good Friday ??

Sar53 Fri 15-Apr-22 08:14:16

Good morning from a bright and hopefully sunny day in Essex by the sea.
A very Happy Birthday to GM.
Not a lot on the cards here today.
Enjoy Good Friday everyone and the sunshine xx

ShazzaKanazza Fri 15-Apr-22 08:15:06

echt I’m sure I used to make those eggs at school. Or perhaps we made them at home at Easter. They’ve just brought back memories. Enjoy your quiet day.

Beechnut Fri 15-Apr-22 08:16:59

Wishing you a Happy Birthday Mattie ???

Harris27 Fri 15-Apr-22 08:17:49

Good morning all. Off to see my dear friend of many years coffee in M&S and catch up. Hubby off to the match then quick food shop and home. Hubby was at a function last night speaker was Kevin keegan who he admires so he’s still asleep. I’m just enjoying being off work for a few days and dreaming of retirement which isn’t real for a while yet. Happy birthday grandmattie. Love to all x

Grandmabatty Fri 15-Apr-22 08:19:31

Lovely eggs Echt. Enjoy your peaceful Good Friday.

Marydoll Fri 15-Apr-22 08:27:18

Good morning Mick and all from Glasgow, where it's 9°C. I have no idea what the weather is like outside, as I can't summon up the energy to get out of bed! I'm feeling quite grim, but not as grim as I could be!

Happy birthday, GM, I hope today is kind to you.

Scentia, your post yesterday brought a tear to my eye. The same thing happened to me.
I had a miscarriage and was to be admitted to the cottage hospital for an op, but no bed could be found, so the ambulance diverted to the maternity hospital.
I have never forgotten the kind nurse, who held my hand, asking me, not to give up hope, saying they had decided to do a scan first. I spent most of the pregnancy in hospital on bed rest. Not easy, when you have two toddlers at home!
DD was born, at 34 weeks, what a fighter she was! I hope your daughter continues to be well.

Mr MD, who seems to on the mend, has brought me a heat bag for the pain in my back and a cuppa, supplemented by two painkillers and an anti nausea tablet. I am ready to face the world and so relieved to wake up, to find I am still here! ?
I feel awful, but that's ok!! I am actually relieved that I can stop worrying about catching Covid!

Yesterday, I was so overwhelmed and somewhat tearful, by the kind messages, PMs and texts from posters. What a lovely lot you are! ?

The treatment and kindness shown to me by the NHS staff yesterday, was outstanding. The doctor did draw in her breath a bit, when she read my notes and said they would me monitoring me the whole time, which was very reassuring. I couldn't have the usual anti viral treatment, due to my complicated meds, so this was tailored for me. I am indeed, very fortunate and so grateful.

Thankfully the schools were off, which made the journey through the Clyde Tunnel and on the Expressway less stressful.
Our children and their partners, all sent messages, stressing the presence of the new average speed cameras. I suspect they were afraid that Mr MD would get carried away, driving his new car! ?

Usually our hospital trips are stressful, due to a lack of parking. Much to our surprise, there was a multitude of empty disabled spaces right at the front door.
The hospital, the former children's hospital, sits in an elevated position, with views right across Glasgow. We could clearly see our alma mater, Glasgow University and got quite nostalgic, reminiscing about our student days.

Unfortunately, initially, I couldn't find the day unit entrance. Only the outpatients one. Obviously I was reluctant to go near anyone to ask for directions.
It would have probably have been wise to have brought a bell to ring and a sign to warn people, I was unclean. ?
Eventually I was directed around the back of the hospital, along a fenced off, secluded area. As you can imagine, I was feeling really very anxious and unwell, by the time I got there.

There was only me, a doctor, two nurses and Victor Meldrew's twin brother (what a grumpy, elderly man ☹) I shall never complain about my Victor again!
Once Victor, Mark2 left, I had such a laugh with the staff. The only thing was, all the fire exits were open to ventilate the area so, they kindly brought me a heater, to keep me warm.
I have a detailed list of instructions and a plan of what to do in an emergency, what more can I ask?
My treatment was outstanding. Between reporting my result and being treated, took only eighteen hours. I have heard of patients waiting for days for anti virals, despite there being a five day window for treatment.

There was only one fly in the ointment. I locked myself out of GN, nothing would work, so I resorted to watching Korean dramas on You Tube, on my phone, with the sound turned off! ?

When I returned home, I went for a snooze in the conservatory, only to be woken by a sharp pain in my chest. Here we go again, I thought. ?
Dear reader, it was not a heart attack, as I had thought, but a bra wire, digging into my chest! ? It was a new one too, ?, just in case anything untoward happened! ?

I send my very best wishes to you all for a gentle Good Friday, especially those, who carry a heavy burden.
I was meant to supply for the chief sacristan for all the Easter services. He was afraid to tell the parish priest, he was going to a cottage in Skye, booked by his wife, who hadn't realised, it was Easter! I was so looking forward, to seeing people I have not seen for two years! I think one just becomes resigned to the disappointments. We had planned to have a family Easter dinner. This is the third one I have missed. Sadly, no Easter egg hunt with our wee Dollie. sad

You knew you would get a novella today, didn't you? As someone said on another thread, Just scroll on by , just scroll on by, if you are bored! ?

FannyCornforth Fri 15-Apr-22 08:32:27

Very glad that you are home and had such excellent treatment Mary thanks ♥️
And always watch out for errant underwear!

Gwenisgreat1 Fri 15-Apr-22 08:34:07

What are pace eggs? As children we used to paint hard boiled eggs to roll down a hill which would crack the shells, then we’d eat the egg - yeugh!

Oopsadaisy1 Fri 15-Apr-22 08:34:27

You are never boring Marydoll so relieved that you are getting better and able to spend Easter in your own bed!
Have a good weekend?????

ShazzaKanazza Fri 15-Apr-22 08:34:33

I always enjoy your Novellas Marydoll. So happy you had swift treatment and you are home and your sense of humour is firmly intact.

TillyTrotter Fri 15-Apr-22 08:42:14

Happy Birthday Grandmattie . ?
I hope you find a few moments for yourself today. ?

dragonfly46 Fri 15-Apr-22 08:44:11

Happy Birthday GrandMattie from sunny Brighton.

aggie Fri 15-Apr-22 08:44:42

Good Morning everyone from a dull damp Co Armagh , the man to do the Greenhouse base hasn’t turned up yet , not to worry, the missing part of the greenhouse isn’t here yet either , but I’m assured it’s en route

What a worry finding the way in to the ward Marydoll , I’ve not worn wired bras for years , in spite of the pull of gravity !

I’m keeping up the ?????? For everyone , I still get online Mass , sometimes from Glasgow !

TillyTrotter Fri 15-Apr-22 08:45:54

So glad all is going as well as it can be Marydoll .
Just like you I dodged Covid when my DH had it - for 4 days - but then succumbed.
It gets us in the end!
Wishing you a speedy recovery ?

Lins1066 Fri 15-Apr-22 08:47:27

Happy Birthday grandMattie ?