Gransnet forums

Chat

Dishwasher tablets….so expensive.

(72 Posts)
Sago Thu 05-May-22 19:14:57

I only but the very expensive dishwasher tablets as the cheap ones never seem to work.
We buy for ourselves and our holiday let so it’s a big chunk of money every month.
However I googled “dishwasher tablet offers” in the hope of a BOGOF deal and I came across this site , I cannot believe how much I have saved!
Here’s the link.

www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjLsviu-sj3AhUIAcAKHT1hAWEQFnoECAgQAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fshop.finish.co.uk%2F&usg=AOvVaw0NlNbM_J1RSDj6gQYHXLwF

Davida1968 Sat 07-May-22 12:37:24

Another vote for the Aldi "all in ones". Have used them for years. First class!

sunglow12 Sat 07-May-22 12:38:33

Hi Sago, Thank you very much for the dishwasher link -I have just saved about £150 on £59 worth of goods and got 10% off too . smile?

Sago Sat 07-May-22 13:07:38

sunglow12 A pleasure, I have saved a small fortune too!

ElaineI Sat 07-May-22 13:29:21

I use finish gel as the powder ones don't dissolve in my machine. Get it off amazon in a six pack. Only use dishwasher every 2/3 days. Was reading this morning about usage of power by dishwashers, washing machines and tumble driers. Tumble driers use most and many people are hanging clothes out now to save electricity - I usually do anyway but not so good for sheets etc if you have no drying space. Some people are using washing machines at 30 but it is less economical than 40 wash and less hygienic and dishwashers use less electricity than heating the water and washing by hand. Things you learn online!

pce612 Sat 07-May-22 13:35:25

We use Aldi Magnum Original all in one, Which best buy. Work a treat £2.99 for 40.

Daisypop Sat 07-May-22 13:49:04

Definitely Lidl tabs for me. I’ve used other brands, but always go back to the Lidl ones.

moobox Sat 07-May-22 13:59:47

Lidl sometimes have theirs on the weekend offers

CBBL Sat 07-May-22 14:20:05

I use Smol dishwasher tablets - delivered to the door monthly for about £5.00.

I have no complaints at all.

Gongoozler Sat 07-May-22 15:14:11

I have been reluctant to try the Lidl ones. Thanks, I will look at them again when I am next there.

Useful thread, thank you all.

Ukcarolm Sat 07-May-22 18:45:49

Thanks for this tip Mumofmadboys. Like you we use sainsbury own.

mrsgreenfingers56 Sat 07-May-22 22:35:58

Used Aldi tablets for years, think the Finish and other makes very expensive and never had any problems with the Aldi ones which I think work out at 4.5p each.

4allweknow Sat 07-May-22 23:16:52

From tests carried out by a popular consumer magazine Aldi is a good substitute for Finish Quantum. If I buy Finish it has to be Quantum and I only buy when on offer otherwise its Aldi for me.

jacqui67 Mon 09-May-22 11:40:12

Thanks for the link I normally buy on subscribe and save from amazon pay about 12 for 85 quantum tabs but am looking to reduce how much i pay to amazon sowill be looking into this, free delivery is always a bonus.

MayBee70 Tue 10-May-22 14:24:37

I don’t use my dishwasher very often but put it on last night using a tablet that I’d bought that was described as more environmentally friendly. When I came to put everything away this morning all of the mugs were still stained; I even questioned my memory and thought I’d forgotten to turn it on. Won’t be buying that brand again!

SachaMac Thu 19-May-22 10:59:01

I usually buy Finish but am currently using Fairy as they were on a good offer. Never tried Aldi’s but will give them a go following the positive reviews. I only use my dishwasher two or three times a week unless I’ve had visitors.

Katyj Thu 19-May-22 11:49:05

Finish tablets are £7.99 for 100 at the moment. At B & M or Savers.

NotSpaghetti Thu 19-May-22 21:19:23

Thanks katyj

Grannynannywanny Thu 19-May-22 21:32:42

I paid attention to check price today while I was buying another box of Aldi’s cheapest. I’ve been using them for a year and find they do the job perfectly. I used to buy whichever branded ones were on offer before switching to these.

They are £2.49 for 50 tablets so just under 5p each. I’ve tried halving them and the dishes still come out perfectly clean. So, I’ll stick with these at 2.5p per wash.

NotSpaghetti Fri 20-May-22 00:21:59

I have tried all sorts of brands GrannyNW and find most aren't a patch on the Finish ones.
I wonder if it's because I totally fill my dishwasher, use a "faster" cycle never pre-rinse anything and also include things like gratin and casserole dishes which often have crusty bits baked on from the oven too.
I think my mother-in-law could get away with a much less powerful wash detergent as her crockery is all pre-rinsed and she'd never put oven dishes or pans in.

Grannynannywanny Fri 20-May-22 00:32:52

NotSpaghetti I don’t put mine on till it’s full but I do give heavily soiled plates a quick rinse to remove any debris. Any oven dishes with baked on bits I give a soak with washing up liquid before putting in the dishwasher.

NotSpaghetti Fri 20-May-22 08:00:26

Maybe your dishwasher is better than mine - but I did find the same with the old one to be honest.
Maybe my water is harder?
I do sometimes soak oven dishes briefly though, to be honest - especially if I've made say, rice pudding!
I do hink it's great that you can do your wash a lot cheaper though GrannyNW... Fantastic.