Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday 11th May 2022

(59 Posts)
Michael12 Wed 11-May-22 05:57:17

Good Morning Everyone,
Its grey and its raining here in brackley this morning .
Nothing planned today , will spend most of day watching cycling on TV.
And maybe some shredding .
Take Care,
Mick

Stilllearning Wed 11-May-22 11:37:45

Morning all, no time to post today but want to wish mumofbadboys and her husband good luck in their generous new adventure, I hope all goes well for everyone involved. ?

mumofmadboys Wed 11-May-22 11:47:27

Thanks all for your good wishes. I'll let you know how things go. I'm sure it will have its ups and downs. The family seem lovely from the contact we have had with them so I am hopeful.

joyce6135 Wed 11-May-22 13:05:36

Bit late today, but just wanted to say good luck to mumofbadboys , it’s a very kind thing you are doing, hope all goes well for you all.

GrannyGravy13 Wed 11-May-22 13:30:50

mumofmadboys hoping all goes well with your houseguests, what a generous soul you are.

Ladyleftfieldlover Wed 11-May-22 15:11:43

A lot of us seem to suffer from gout! I was diagnosed back in 2015. I remember driving to the health centre in slippers. OH was overseas. I wondered what I had done to myself! My GP put me on a tablet (can’t remember the name) which I took three times a day for three days. She also gave me a list of foods I couldn’t eat. Long story short, I managed without any preventives and watched my diet closely, but every now and again I had another attack. I ended up seeing a Consultant privately in 2017 and he said I should take alupurinol for the rest of my life. So that’s what I do. At least I can eat prawns, oily fish, mushrooms and asparagus.

Urmstongran Wed 11-May-22 15:22:39

momb what you’re doing is so generous and kind. I can only donate money as we have no room at the inn. To have the amount of space you have and putting it to such a humanitarian gesture is pretty bluddy marvellous in my opinion. And brave too in its own way. Please update us on here now and again if you have the time & inclination? I’m sure us lot would be very interested to hear how it goes. I for one don’t know of anyone doing this who could tell then tell it how it goes. I wish you all of you the very best in this going forward.

Keepingsane63 Wed 11-May-22 15:39:24

Good afternoon to you all in my case. Some of the times I see here....don't think my alarm clock even has those on its' dial.... smile . Sun has come out now after a wild half an hour in the West Mids. Bowling tomorrow evening - continuing the quest to try to get the round things to go where they are supposed to.
Am applying to The Cinnamon Trust over the next few days - it is a charity where you take out other people's pets who can't get out themselves. It will give me some exercise and hopefully help someone else. I just hope nobody has an elephant as a pet. Dogs are lovely, but I have always had cats - so I don't mind taking one out for walkies, and taking it back. Thank you for the welcome JaxJacky

Auntieflo Wed 11-May-22 16:12:41

I see that there are some late(r) posters, so decided to pop in and say hello to Mick, Annie and all, on this rainy afternoon, after my snooze.
Sorry to hear about the delay in getting your DH meds GrandMattie. Hope it is soon sorted, and that he is comfortable. You getting gout is just not what you need.
Hope that your DD is feeling better Chrissielou.
MOMB, what a wonderful thing you are doing.
When I was reading through, I thought, 'I will remember this and that', and of course I haven't, so apologies.
Today my lovely cleaner has been here and whisked through, leaving us clean, tidy and fragrant again. Yesterday we had the electrician , so there were extra dusty places, after his drilling through some walls.
We now have new lights under all the kitchen cupboards, a light in the under stairs cupboard, so now we can see clearly all the cobwebs and detritus that lives there. The garage is benefitting from a second light, and it makes such a difference. I saved the best till last. We have a new door bell, ding- dong, hard wired in, so no more batteries ??
As I had a bit more energy this morning, I made a paprika spiced beef casserole, that is now in the oven for supper. It smells good, and I fancy a couple of dumplings to go with it.
Back to my knitting and no doubt DH will make me another cup of tea soon.
Enjoy the rest of your day, one and all.