Gransnet forums

Chat

How many do you have?

(123 Posts)
Oldwoman70 Sun 15-May-22 09:42:07

When a friend visited recently she commented on the number of photographs I have on display in my sitting room - 15. The majority of myself and my late DH on various holidays and special occasions (1 is of our wedding) the rest are of family. Got me wondering how many photos others have on display.

Oldwoman70 Sun 15-May-22 11:20:35

JaneJudge

I love looking at other people's photographs, i can't see how it is weird to have 15 to be honest oldwoman70. Take no notice of your friend

My friend wasn't being critical - she just commented that she hadn't realised how many I had.

Grammaretto Sun 15-May-22 11:30:56

I choose not to have photos on display in the sitting room though I see the personalised calendar is on the wall. There are some old ones in the kitchen where I have to explain who they are. Does it help to have photos up? I would rather see the family in person and the graduation ones seems a bit like boasting to me.
However, maybe I should try and see.

jaylucy Sun 15-May-22 11:35:45

18 at the moment!
All of family events - weddings and parties and several of my parents that are no longer with us, one big one of my son (who has just moved to Australia) plus local views that have changed over the years.
This might all change once I have finished my planned programme of decorating!

GrannyGravy13 Sun 15-May-22 11:40:45

With five children and eight grandchildren I have a lot…

JaneJudge Sun 15-May-22 11:42:05

Oldwoman70

JaneJudge

I love looking at other people's photographs, i can't see how it is weird to have 15 to be honest oldwoman70. Take no notice of your friend

My friend wasn't being critical - she just commented that she hadn't realised how many I had.

That is okay then smile

Athrawes Sun 15-May-22 11:59:10

Several of the grandchildren - but as little people! Perhaps we ought to update a bit. We've also got various pictures [not family ones] that we enjoy

Blossoming Sun 15-May-22 12:03:17

There are 4 framed photographs on the walls in this sitting room, all historic black and white shots of ships or ports. There are about a dozen smaller family photos on bookshelves in the lounge. I think we have about 10 paintings around the house and another 5 pencil sketches.

Elizabeth27 Sun 15-May-22 12:05:33

4, not by choice, they were given framed as gifts. I do not like displayed photos.

BeEmerald Sun 15-May-22 12:08:28

Two photographs in the hall and over forty five pictures in the living room. It’s a big house and they cover the cracks and imperfections in the wall !

Blondiescot Sun 15-May-22 12:09:59

Three of my son's army photos and three of my daughter's graduation. None of me - there are no photos of me, full stop. The children joke that if I ever went missing, there'd be no need for missing person posters as there wouldn't be any photos to put on them!

Pittcity Sun 15-May-22 12:10:52

This is our family. An image that is slower to date!

ayse Sun 15-May-22 12:12:46

The bedroom is my place for family photos. 4 in frames and hung and several photo frames. My husband insisted I put my OU graduation photo in the sitting room and I’d rather it wasn’t on display at all. There’s also a picture of DH and his daughter. I’m not a fan of photos on general display.

I do have to pictures my father painted in the late 1940s in the sitting room.

Anyway each to their own

nanna8 Sun 15-May-22 12:16:13

I have 9 , mainly groups, in our family room. We have a big extended family but if I had all of them it would be dozens. My favourites are the old ancestors, great grandparents and children, taken around 1880 or maybe a bit earlier.

tanith Sun 15-May-22 12:23:46

I have 9 Grandchildren and 5 Grt Grands so there are quite a few. It's hard not to display them when they've been given to me.

Teacheranne Sun 15-May-22 13:17:45

No family photos in my lounge as after I had it decorated, I bought new pictures for the walls - modern abstracts to go with the minimalistic look!

I only have three family photos in my house, one each of my adult children at their graduations - or Army passing out parade for my eldest son who did not go to University.

bridie54 Sun 15-May-22 14:07:13

2 photos in living room. Both I especially liked when I fist saw them, one of DD and one of GS.
Upstairs I have a long wall display of both mine and DH families from grandparents to grandchildren in both sides. I loved doing that. I update the GC ones as they grow since the wall space ran out.

FlexibleFriend Sun 15-May-22 14:12:23

None, never have had and never will.

PollyDolly Sun 15-May-22 14:18:43

Just two, my late parents and my Mum and Grandmother. All three are my inspiration, I miss them so much.

hollysteers Sun 15-May-22 14:41:35

Quite a few, but it upsets me that I still can’t bear to look at photos of my late DH, died five years ago.

BlueBelle Sun 15-May-22 14:44:39

Main room 33 plus paintings ( I’m not a minimalist) back room 26 plus a metal flower in a frame
Only 2 in the hallway but up the stairs ohhh I m not going on I didn’t have a clue it was that many
Last year when my teenage granddaughter came to stay I told her I was going to paint the living room and get rid of a lot of photos and paintings She said Nan please don’t it’s out family it wouldn’t feel right with bare walls…. so they all stay

Callistemon21 Sun 15-May-22 14:56:23

Sitting room - two paintings (not family) and two photographs, both large group photos.

The dining room is another matter! It's a Rogues Gallery.

Callistemon21 Sun 15-May-22 14:57:54

tanith

I have 9 Grandchildren and 5 Grt Grands so there are quite a few. It's hard not to display them when they've been given to me.

That's just it, isn't it tanith, especially when they are beautifully framed or transferred on to canvas.

DanniRae Sun 15-May-22 15:40:23

I have 13 in the sitting room and I love looking at them all.
The graduation photos are upstairs on the landing wall.

TillyTrotter Sun 15-May-22 16:16:35

4 on display.
I look at recent photo’s received in our family WhatsApp group
frequently - more are added every week.

Oldnproud Sun 15-May-22 16:24:44

No photos on display in any rooms. We have a wedding photo of each child/stepchild on the staircase, but that is all that is on display.

We do, however, have countless albums and boxes of family photos, and most of the memory on my phone is probably taken up with photos of the grandchildren grin