Chat

Soop's cosy kitchen for kindly folk...WELCOME

(1001 Posts)
soop Tue 17-May-22 08:22:41

Here we are again
Happy as can be
All good pals and
Jolly good company.

Love to you ALL. Take care of yourselves and each other. I shall be with you again as soon as I'm able. smile

Jaxjacky Tue 17-May-22 18:41:33

Evening kitcheners, I had my bottom teeth ‘fixed’ today after the top were done in March, I detest the dentist, but it’s done, no more wobbly teeth, thought I might have got a sticker at least.
Gosh SueD hectic indeed, you’ll get there.
Your DDL’s father should be looked after and safe Yia a stressful time for all though.
MrJ is cooking tonight, one of his two signature dishes, sausage and mash, so feet up with a glass of..better than a sticker.
I’m sending my good wishes to the soops for a seamless op with an excellent result.
Have a pleasant evening all x

Blossoming Tue 17-May-22 19:22:05

Good evening dear Kitcheners. Summer colds are the pits Cornergran, hope you feel better soon. Bet you’re glad your teeth are now fixed Jax and you can relax. Your poor DiL is going through tough times Yia, Glad your DH enjoyed his birthday. It’s been hot here today, turning stormy now. Have a good evening all.

brook2704 Tue 17-May-22 20:04:24

Lovely to see so so many good friends here in the kitchen, definitely a good place to hang out
It was a good washing / drying day today so got the bedding done, also a bit more weeding and shuffling things around in the garden. Sat outside for lunch listening to the birds singing and watching the squirrels running up and down the fence to their feeder - simple things but keeps me happy
Hope the move goes well SueD always a busy time!
Hoping all going well for MrSoop
Teeth all done now Jax good to hear you can celebrate ?
I don’t make my own chicken stock, it’s the little square cubes for me ever time ?‍♀️

Blossoming Tue 17-May-22 20:08:44

SueD meant to say, hope all goes well with your move.

Urmstongran Tue 17-May-22 20:27:36

‘Evening All’.

Another new kitchen! Wonderful.
We’ve had a lovely afternoon cheering on all the junior school children at their school Sports Day. The sun shone & the noise and enthusiasm from the children and supporters was a joy.

Before we went I popped into Boots downstairs below us. I had read an article in the Telegraph which quoted HM the Queen’s aide and dresser (and friend now who watches tv with her some evenings), Angela Kelly. She was quoted as saying a particular No.7 lipstick in ‘Gay Geranium’ is one of HM’s favourites. Well at only £9 I thought ‘why not?’. I feel as though I’ve joined in (haha!) for the Jubilee celebrations now as we will be on a family holiday in Ibiza that particular weekend.

I did have a chuckle to myself though as I left the store. I thought “if you’d like to look similar to a 96y old lady, wear this lipstick my dear!”. Suddenly it didn’t seem SO much of a recommendation! Seriously, it’s a great pop of colour - just right for summer sunshine days. I shall always think of the reason I bought it whenever I wear it. I’m soft that way.
?????

gillgran Tue 17-May-22 21:02:47

Oh., a lovely new kitchen, it's busy with all you lovely folk, too.

An extremely warm day here today, warmest so far this year.

Kindly thoughts for the soops', & for you all.

Grandmabatty Tue 17-May-22 21:08:50

It's raining heavily here unfortunately. I know it's good for the plants but I would like some sun please. I hope everything goes well for MrSoop. Yiayia your poor daughter in law. And her father. Cornergran summer colds are the worst! My sympathy. Today I was a slow burner but eventually got moving. I swept and tidied the garden, then hoovered and washed all the floors. I even dusted the skirting boards thoroughly. I had been going to draw but I didn't get around to it. I'm feeling quite tired so it'll be an early night for me. Take care all.

Grannmarie Wed 18-May-22 13:14:07

I waved to Soop and MrSoop as I drove along the M8 this morning to look after DGS2. ? I hope everything has gone well and they will soon be home.
I've got a wee minute to catch up on the news, I've just put the wee boy down for his nap. ?

Blossoming Wed 18-May-22 13:21:21

It’s very hot here today, think we may have more thunderstorms later. I’m feeling tired and achy, some gentle stretches with n order. I don’t like heavy close weather! Hope all is well with the Soops

muse Wed 18-May-22 15:21:10

Good afternoon kind Kitcheners. Is there room for a little one??

Hope everything goes well for MrSoop.

Cloudy Cornwall but I’m finally outside and have picked enough strawberries for a jam making session. I’ll bake some scones to accompany it. Just had a successful morning dealing with OpenReach (in person) and BT. You don’t here that very often. I shall rejoice if my plan goes to plan

Take care all.

GrannyGravy13 Wed 18-May-22 16:18:29

It’s been a beautiful day here, I have been to the gym, changed beds, cleaned the inside downstairs windows. Culled my kitchen window ledge which had become a depository for so many plants and herbs.

Now collapsed in the chair with French doors open, overlooking the garden, I have no intentions of doing anything else other than throwing some fish in the oven and making a mixed salad to go with it.

Hope all is well with the soops

Bellanonna Wed 18-May-22 16:44:29

soop it will be good to hear from you later that all went well with mrsoop’s procedure.
I’m late with catching up but when you have a mo could you please let me know the title of your sons’ book.?
GG13 wherever do you get the energy? Makes me tired just reading it.
Storms expected here later ?

muse Wed 18-May-22 17:23:51

Oh No! ? ?
I'm back to correct an error in my post. You don’t here hear that very often. Whew!

ShazzaKanazza Wed 18-May-22 18:17:08

Good evening dear Kitcheners. We are all waiting to hear about Mr Soop aren’t we. ? everything is good.

My best friend has been under the knife today so we have been waiting to hear if she’s out of surgery.

Relaxing in our hotel at East Midlands airport. We stopped on the way at East Midlands designer outlet for a walk around. DH bought a light jacket for travel tomorrow though it’s very hot in Spain so I don’t think he’ll need it there. I treated him to lunch. Burgers and fries at 5 guys. I know what a lucky man. They do the burgers for gluten free wrapped in ice berg lettuce. So yum. I got a small Cajun fries. If you could have seen the amount I got it was crazy so many got wasted. Might as well start as we mean to go on eh at least that’s what I told myself.
I will be reading all your news but not sure about posting as I don’t know what the tariff is now we’ve left the EU.
Belladonna we’ve seen we have rain on and off while we are away and overnight tonight which I’m pleased about as we’ve made no arrangements for getting the garden watered. Our son he would hate to do it but son in law would be only too pleased to help if needed.

Take care everyone stay safe and speak soon. X ?

brook2704 Wed 18-May-22 18:17:26

Gorgeous day here in Inverness but a bit windy so you have to hold onto your hat…!
Thinking of the soops and hoping alls going well
I’ve had a really good long up with my friend this afternoon after we’d splashed around at the Aqua class and had a good laugh
Chicken gratin in the oven with salad so nice and easy, we’ll be eating in the conservatory with no TV to distract us, I love it this time of year
Hope the jam making goes well muse!
Hope he slept well grannmarie sleep ?

Bellanonna Wed 18-May-22 18:30:35

Shazza, have a great holiday, Rain expected this evening, and plants are quite hardy. Just enjoy yourselves and don’t worry! X

Grandmabatty Wed 18-May-22 18:40:17

Today's drawing. It looks much softer on real life! I had grilled halloumi salad for dinner. It was ok but I'm not fond of food that talks back to me. (The halloumi was squeaky) Dgs1 was given two stickers at nursery and is highly delighted. I love making jam Muse. I use my mother's jam pot. Shazza have a lovely holiday. Grannygravy I think you deserve a gin after all your hard work! Blossoming did you have thunder? Often I get achy before a storm.
I visited mum today and she was ok. It's always a lottery as to how she will behave but today was fine. Then my last art class til autumn. I will have to summon up all my motivation to keep going in the meantime. I am a lazy artist. I hope all has gone well with MrSoop.

Menopaws Wed 18-May-22 19:13:05

Hello there, its been a while but I used to be a regular in the Argy Bargy! I see a few familiar names on here still so I hope you are well and I plan to keep up with you all again and Soop's kitchen was always so welcoming and it seemed the best place to pop in to. I've bought cake if that helps!

Jaxjacky Wed 18-May-22 19:31:35

Cake is most welcome Menopaws yum.
Have a wonderful holiday Shazza safe journey and ?for your friend.
Sorry Grandmabatty I’ll take the rain, we’re due some soon, it’s been very muggy today.
I’ve greenhouse faffed, done a couple of drives, one took ages and the clients are always so lovely I don’t mind the waits.
Hopefully all is well with the soops.
Enjoy your evening all. X

brook2704 Wed 18-May-22 19:52:21

Have a fabulous holiday Shazza and enjoy!
Thanks for the cake Menopaws and lovely to see you in the kitchen ?

Urmstongran Wed 18-May-22 20:18:03

‘Evening All’.

Another here thinking of the soops and hoping all has gone well. We’ve just eaten lamb chops with Jersey Royals and veg. Most delicious! Before that we popped into the Loungers Bar below us. A glass of (very nice) NZ Sauvignon Blanc for me, is now £9.10 per glass!! ? We may need to take out a second mortgage ...

Bellanonna Wed 18-May-22 20:35:39

Blimey Urmstongran, I can buy a nice bottle for less than that!

Urmstongran Wed 18-May-22 20:36:53

I was shocked to be honest.

Nannytopsy Wed 18-May-22 21:41:27

That’s a bit steep Urms ! There are cheese scones and a date & rhubarb cake on the side.

Grandmabatty Wed 18-May-22 21:42:26

Urms !! I would need another glass to recover. That's steep

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion