Chat

Soop's cosy kitchen for kindly folk...WELCOME

(1001 Posts)
soop Tue 17-May-22 08:22:41

Here we are again
Happy as can be
All good pals and
Jolly good company.

Love to you ALL. Take care of yourselves and each other. I shall be with you again as soon as I'm able. smile

brook2704 Wed 22-Jun-22 20:10:54

Thanks for the update GG13, hoping Urms is back with us very soon
Lovely picture thank you blossoming and well done with your walk
Looking forward to seeing the picture llfl it sounds very interesting
Snap with the high chairs Sue, we don’t have them now but used to have two for both DGC! I now eventually understand about the “messages” too ?
Lovely pictures Yia looks like a perfect holiday

I popped round to DD2s house to drop off the washing (don’t ask!) and got the biggest cuddle from DGD aged 7 , DGS though who’s 8 couldn’t tear himself away from his book - He’s got to the age now where cuddles with nanna aren’t that much fun any more! ?

Blossoming Wed 22-Jun-22 20:24:05

Going for the messages, that takes me back smile

As a teenager I had a brief stint one summer as the ‘message boy’ for my dad, who was a greengrocer. I loved riding the big shop bike with its basket, I thought I was all grown up!

muse Wed 22-Jun-22 20:29:09

Hello kitcheners. Quite a swelterer today here in mid Cornwall.

That year has flown by soop. Bet Willow was well and truly spoilt. All the best for tomorrow.

Love the photos Yia and Blossoming.

Looking forward to seeing your stained glass work Ladyleftfieldlover. Is it the first time you have made a piece?

What a lovely afternoon you planned for your friend ShazzaKanazza. Friendships like yours are truly special.

I now fancy a greek night Grandmabatty tomorrow ? . Wonder what I can rustle up.

I did all the pots this morning and just back in from giving the veggies some water tonight. I've started to clear up after the plumber's hard work these past two days. Thank goodness the bathroom was coolish. MrMuse's back has much improved. He is a reluctant 'Take it easy" person but he has had to this time. He will go to the ball Goodwood Festival of Speed on Friday.

Picked my first sweet peas (amazing fragrance) and couldn't resist a photo of the rogue foxgloves scattered around the place. What wondrous plants and the bees absolutely love them. Our rose arch 'Wedding Day" is in full bloom. It doesn't last very long but I've now planted three clematis to take over when the rose has finished.

Must get around to baking a batch of brownies for the kitchen.

Take care kind kitcheners.

ShazzaKanazza Wed 22-Jun-22 20:42:09

Muse the pictures of your garden are beautiful. My friend and I have been best friends since we were 14 so a long time.
Yia loving your holiday pics. Nice to see Mr Yia if that is indeed him.
We have the white IKEA high chair too they are very hard wearing.

Blossoming Wed 22-Jun-22 20:42:46

I love sweet peas Muse, lovely colours and a delicious scent. Gorgeous photos Yia.

Grandmabatty Wed 22-Jun-22 20:44:34

Muse your sweetpeas are beautiful. I love the colour and scent.

Dogsmakemesmile Wed 22-Jun-22 21:18:06

Muse your sweetpeas are glorious. Thank you for posting.

SueDonim Wed 22-Jun-22 21:22:45

Foxgloves and sweet peas. Perfection! ?

gillgran Wed 22-Jun-22 21:47:03

Great photos, thank you, lovely flowers, & what a cutie Willow is.

soop, we were at St.,Peter & St.,Paul Church, in Abington, Northampton, today. (Church-in-the-park).
It was a moving service, but a happy celebration of a long life well lived. My dh's uncle & aunt were married in that same Church in 1944, when he was a very young trainee pilot in the RAF!

Warm thoughts for you all.

Nannytopsy Wed 22-Jun-22 22:24:06

Hello to the lovely Willow. Our GGS is 4 months old now and much more interesting - he smiles and laughs now. They are all off on holiday on Saturday, all being well at Stanstead. It was pretty awful coming in today. SiL had very long waits.
It’s been very warm here and swimming duty involved sitting in 32C while they splashed up and down. ?

I hope it goes well tomorrow soop.
NNST ?

brook2704 Wed 22-Jun-22 23:02:41

What beautiful pictures muse thanks for sharing. We’ve got some sweet peas growing too but they’re a long way off flowering yet, everything is much later up here of course but they’ll flower eventually - fingers crossed ?

mamaa Wed 22-Jun-22 23:27:38

Muse I love sweetpeas, had them in my wedding bouquet. Tried a few times to grow them, but never successfully. Any tips for next year would be gratefully received.

soop Thu 23-Jun-22 10:25:08

gillgran I know that church well. Every afternoon, my mother and I would push the pram around Abington Park. We'd have tea there and sometimes visit the museum. Happy memories. I recall there being an ancient Magnolia tree with a bench around it.

Mr S took a photo of a woodpecker on the bird nuts yesterday. I shall share with you later.

Sweet Peas...yes please. I love the colours and the perfume.

Been vampired by the GP. He's the only member of staff at the surgery who is capable of extracting blood. Both arms bruised. Thankfully he coped very well.

Getting ready for a visit to the optician in Campbeltown. We also need a few provisions from Tesco and a trip to the card shop.

I will call in again later this afternoon. Much to catch up on. smile

Blossoming Thu 23-Jun-22 11:48:03

Good morning dear Kitcheners, good to hear from you all yesterday. Sorry so many have had bad news as well as good.

It’s another scorcher here today. I need to clear the top floor sitting room and airing cupboard so the boiler can be serviced next week, but I think I’ll leave it until the weekend as the weather is meant to be cooler then. Hope the test results are good and the visit to the optician is successful soop

Ladyleftfieldlover Thu 23-Jun-22 12:46:40

Here is the stained glass garden ornament! It was more difficult than I thought as I have never cut glass or used a soldering iron. It was all good fun though. I spent the morning cleaning off the remaining cement.

Grandmabatty Thu 23-Jun-22 12:55:13

That's lovely Ladyleftfieldlover. I would imagine cutting the glass is very fiddly. Blossoming it's 20° here which is warm enough for me! I've pottered nicely inside and out, had lunch and cleaned the dishwasher. I'll go outside later to weed some more.

Dogsmakemesmile Thu 23-Jun-22 13:27:23

Heavy warm day here. Would appreciate a quick shower for the garden. Good morning/afternoon all. Lots of errands done and house chores too. Can relax this afternoon. Tea already prepped.
Yesterday when I went out for shopping I bumped into five people I haven't seen since the pandemic started. It was wonderful to catch up. So much has changed yet so much remains the same. It took ages to do what was supposed to be
a quick nip to the shops.
Sending best wishes to all and my thoughts with those whose days are not easy.x

muse Thu 23-Jun-22 14:03:21

It’s fantastic Ladyleftfieldlover. Where will it be displayed? I see there are two posts at the bottom.
Well done.

kittylester Thu 23-Jun-22 14:08:48

Just checking you are all still here. Leave a trail to the new kitchen. Cream cakes will do.

Charleygirl5 Thu 23-Jun-22 14:28:24

kittycream is really not good for you but maybe just this once!

I intend to have some with some miserable looking strawberries sent by Morrison's yesterday.

Not much sun today but at least no thunderstorms (yet).
TOYA

Ladyleftfieldlover Thu 23-Jun-22 14:32:44

muse

It’s fantastic Ladyleftfieldlover. Where will it be displayed? I see there are two posts at the bottom.
Well done.

It’s going in the garden but I’m not sure where yet!

Dogsmakemesmile Thu 23-Jun-22 14:56:52

Ladyleftfieldlover
I have always loved stained glass work and yours is stunning.
soop hope things going well for you x

hulahoop Thu 23-Jun-22 15:28:44

Thank you for all the good wishes 're my scan should get result next week.We have been to outlet to meet up with friends I tried a all in one dress/trouser in blue and white it was so warm trying on I kept it on and put dress I had on in bag remembered to get tags cut off .My friend loved the outfit and laughed when I told her I had just bought it ,it's been 28degrees here today .

soop Thu 23-Jun-22 15:36:57

Heck! Time to open our new kitchen., See you there soon. smile

soop Thu 23-Jun-22 15:38:03

Where's the key? Oh yes, it's in my pocket. Where are my specs. Onn the top of my head. grin

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion