Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday 23rd May 2022

(65 Posts)
Michael12 Mon 23-May-22 05:55:24

Good Morning Everyone,
Its looking dull over brackley this morning .
Todays plans apart from general housework and relaxing later .
Will do my usual week playing it day by day .
Take Care,
Mick

dragonfly46 Mon 23-May-22 08:37:12

Urms you made me chuckle. I love your way of thinking. I wish I was so organised. I shove random things in the case and when I get there nothing matches.

Stilllearning Mon 23-May-22 08:38:25

Meant to say I loved those poppies last week hollysteers and Taichinan

Urmstongran Mon 23-May-22 08:47:43

dragonfly ??

EkwaNimitee Mon 23-May-22 08:53:42

Good Morning Mick and everyone from grey Carlisle. The showers were heavy and prolonged yesterday afternoon so I didn't bother getting out in the garden.
Nosy neighbour me kept an eye on the front but didn't see anyone viewing the house next door, the first weekend it's been on sale. A bit surprising because the market seems really hot here and nothing seems to be up for sale long.
Today is my main housework and laundry day but I'd also like to get out and feed the hungry looking patches on the front lawn that I missed before.

I hope you and your DH have a better day today grandMattie, life seems one struggle after another for you at the moment.

And wishing you all the best possible day.

GrannySomerset Mon 23-May-22 09:03:44

After a lovely day at yesterday’s christening I am exhausted his morning - too much unaccustomed talking I expect. DD and DSiL have already left for home and their bedding is in the machine but don’t think I will have the energy for much else. It doesn’t really matter though.

So sorry that gMattie is being poorly supported at a time when she doesn’t need extra complication. Hope today is better.

Susan56 Mon 23-May-22 09:03:59

Good morning from Staffordshire.

DGS has an infection in both ears so it will be a quiet day.We will go straight to Shrewsbury when we leave here as we are going to see Steeleye Span tonight at Theatre Severn.

Stressful start to the day as a phone call from my mum’s drs to say she is very unwell.I had phoned yesterday and thought she was unwell but it’s hard to tell as her mood affects how she is.I called her friend who had tried calling 111 for hours but no reply so had called the drs this morning.It’s difficult as she lives so far away from any of us.I have called my brother and he will try to get over to see her.

Hoping for a better day for you and DH grandMattie.

Wishing everyone the best day possible??

Blossoming Mon 23-May-22 09:07:52

Good morning Mick and everyone. It’s cloudy in this corner of Lancashire, currently 12° C.

Just a flying visit this morning. Another day, another blood test. I will catch up with your posts later.

luluaugust Mon 23-May-22 09:37:30

Good morning from a wet W Kent. Dropping DH off at the dentist and I think it will then be a quiet day for us both. Lovely day yesterday with the family but a bit of clearing up to do.
I hope you get things sorted out today gM trying to do anything on a Sunday is so difficult.
Best wishes to all.

Lark123 Mon 23-May-22 09:51:34

Good Morning Everyone, Good Morning Blossoming as we met last evening smile

My first post here, so I'll just say a quick hello and wish everyone, everywhere a good day, whatever will make it that way for you all.

Georgesgran Mon 23-May-22 10:00:24

Good morning from a bright, breezy Durham. Recovering from a hectic weekend with DDs and DGSs. I’ve a cough to kill a horse and earache.
Blind man coming this afternoon (he’s not blind, he’s measuring up some windows for blinds) so I’ll make sure he has good access. Hope it’s not a hard sell situation. I have a gut feeling I’m not going to qualify for their special offer. Cynical?
I’m sorry to hear gM trials, but like Harri not surprised. We stopped leaving messages for one of the oncology nurses as she never picked up and never replied to any messages left for her. After another poor weekend without any calls back, I remember ringing the Consultant’s secretary to get a message through and was advised to take DH straight through without delay, where he was admitted with another bout of sepsis. Hopefully .gM things will get easier as your DH’s ‘Team’ get more familiar with him and his situation. ?.

Have a good day GN’s.

Georgesgran Mon 23-May-22 10:01:48

Hi Lark 123 - welcome to this gentle thread. Where are you?

Auntieflo Mon 23-May-22 10:17:06

Good morning Mick, Annie* and all.
I had a wonderful 'big' birthday yesterday. DD and SIL had arranged a family lunch in their very pretty garden. It was just right, as I can't cope with big gatherings these days. My clever neighbour had made me a cake, pic to make you all jealous ?
This afternoon I have an audiology appointment, just to bring me down to earth.
GrandMattie I was so sorry to hear about the problems you had with trying to get you DH seen whilst he is so poorly. Do try and have a rest today, perhaps while DH is snoozing.
Hope you get your wardrobe doors sorted out Marydoll before Mr MD finds out.
Have a good day one and all.

monk08 Mon 23-May-22 10:20:10

?welcome Lark123 hope you enjoy this lovely thread.

Lark123 Mon 23-May-22 10:21:36

Good Morning Georgesgran smile

I'm in Canada; and because I get up very early, even on a national long holiday weekend like today, I can just about join in the 'good morning' thread!

I did smile when I read your bit about having a blind man coming around; that was funny and glad you clarified that!

Your cough and earache sound awful, hope it gets better for you soon.

All the best to GrandMattie and all who are suffering sadness or illness at this time.

monk08 Mon 23-May-22 10:22:47

Happy belated birthday wishes Auntieflo?? what a clever neighbour you have.

Scapa1 Mon 23-May-22 10:22:59

Good morning from Dunblane. Dry at the moment but a bit grey. Managed to get all my tubs planted up yesterday so happy about that. Back a bit sore after all that bending though!
Unfortunately eight year old granddaughter and daughter in law tested positive for Covid yesterday. We had GD on Thursday and did baking with her so quite close contact. Fingers crossed we have managed to dodge Covid but time will tell.
Left over chicken to deal with this morning then will take the rest of the day as it comes.
Hope everybody manages a smile at some point.

Taichinan Mon 23-May-22 10:26:12

Hello all from a sunny but soon to be rainy Angus coast where it's a cool 12° If this is the best that May can do, roll on June!
Thoroughly enjoyed the Diversity concert in Saturday night in Glasgow. It was an exploration on the theme of 'connection' and ended with 8 drones 'dancing' with them on stage. A hugely skilled show. Sunday was spent just getting home via depositing the dancing Dgd1 back at her flat ready for a rehearsal for next month's shows, filling up with petrol (cheaper than at home) and a small weekly top-up shop. With petrol the price it is, only take the car out of it can be made to work for me!
Susan your post about your poor mum resonated with me as my DD, who lives closest to me, will be moving south next summer to be with New Man permanently and I shall be the problem! I don't want to be of course, but that's the way it is - the main drawback of spread-out families. I hope you get better news today flowers.
Also sorry to see the 'bad press' on here for 111. Gmattie I do hope you can get some rest today at some point. As everyone on here keeps telling you - you are important too.
Now off I go to do as much nothing as I can fit in today which will more than likely involve falling asleep in front of afternoon TV! But before I go, thank you for your kind comment about my poppy painting, stilllearning, and welcome to Lark. Lots of love to all x

Lark123 Mon 23-May-22 10:27:10

What an absolutely gorgeous cake Auntieflo smile
Happy belated birthday to you; cupcake. flowers.it must have been hard cutting into such a lovely cake, it looks delicious!
Enjoy your day, as best you can, everyone.

Lark123 Mon 23-May-22 10:29:04

Thank you Taichinan smile Good day!

Taichinan Mon 23-May-22 10:32:00

Happy Birthday Auntieflo - feel duly jealous of your beautiful cake! Glad you had a great celebration.

grandMattie Mon 23-May-22 10:35:02

We have no “nursing team”.
Over the last three months, we have been asked several times who our MacMillan nurse was, horrified that we don’t have one and assured that one is being assigned. Still nada…
DS1 from India is spending his summer holiday with us. Good chap. He’s unattached and enjoys his mum’s cooking and spoiling. ?

Urmstongran Mon 23-May-22 10:43:10

Morning Lark123 ? it’s lovely to have you join us!

Susan56 Mon 23-May-22 10:46:16

Thank you Taichinan.We don’t live particularly close to our daughters and I worry we will become the problem in the future too?It does make me emphasise with mum though as we don’t want to move from where we are even both daughters live in lovely parts of the country.

Happy belated birthday Auntieflo???what a beautiful cake?

Susan56 Mon 23-May-22 10:48:13

Empathise ?don’t you love auto correct?

GrannyGravy13 Mon 23-May-22 10:50:22

Happy belated birthday Auntieflo such a fabulous looking cake, I imagine it was extremely tasty ??

Hello Lark123 ?