Gransnet forums

Chat

Johnny Depp / Amber Heard Defamation Trial

(94 Posts)
PinkCosmos Mon 23-May-22 09:15:02

Is anyone watching this?

Do you think Amber Heard is telling the truth about being abused by Johnny Depp or is she the abuser?

Obviously there are two sides to every story but I am inclined to be Team Johnny. He doesn't come across as a violent man, more a man who was frustrated at being baited and who then took his anger out on inanimate objects.

Amber Heard comes across as a manipulator. Why would she be recording all of the conversations anyway.

I could go on but just wonder what the Gransnetters thought.

nanna8 Mon 23-May-22 09:24:03

I think she is telling the truth.

henetha Mon 23-May-22 09:27:55

I'm finding it difficult to decide who to believe. Neither of them come out of it smelling of roses, do they. I must admit to always having a huge crush on Johnny Depp and am disturbed at the thought of him being possibly violent. There is never an excuse for violence against women. But is it true? I don't know.

timetogo2016 Mon 23-May-22 09:28:22

I don`t believe either of them it`s all an act,they are actors afterall.
Whats the betting this wil be made into a film,and it would be ironic if they played themselves.

henetha Mon 23-May-22 09:29:34

A publicity stunt, timetogo? Who knows; maybe? confused

annodomini Mon 23-May-22 09:45:47

Who cares? They probably deserved each other.

Zoejory Mon 23-May-22 09:52:11

Not a publicity stunt.

I'm rather more invested in this than I might have been due to the fact I've been unwell and stuck in bed and ended up watching it,

Amber Heard has lied throughout the case. She's all but accused the police of lying who went to one of the penthouses and said she had no injuries to her face.

She does a huge disservice to women who have been physically abused. A bit of make up will not mask black eyes and ice will not reduce swelling overnight.

I doubt he'll win this battle due to defamation trials being notoriously difficult to win but he's certainly won the war.

The saddest thing about all this is a comment that Johnny Depp made with regard to the children in hospital he's visited, all over the world. He's saddened to think they might believe this of him.

Joane123 Mon 23-May-22 10:00:26

I think she is telling the truth.

GagaJo Mon 23-May-22 10:11:04

I also think she is telling the truth.

My ex was such a lovely, helpful man. Would do anything for anyone (other than his family).

No one believed he was violent. His 'new' wife knows though. He hasn't pulled it on her, because she told him the first time he tried anything, he would be out. And it's her house.

People genuinely do not know what goes on inside a marriage. Look at the men that kill their wives and children. The neighbours invariably say 'Oh they were such a happy family!'

I think the massive support for Depp is just same old same old patriarchy.

Casdon Mon 23-May-22 10:13:38

I don’t think she is telling the truth. I don’t think he is telling the truth either. They seem to be two totally self absorbed, not nice people who wouldn’t know how to tell the truth if it slapped them in the face.

Serendipity22 Mon 23-May-22 10:17:30

I find the whole thing absolutely ridiculous, its beyond belief that they are throwing a vast sum of money at this whole proceedings, well, there I've said it .... money !!

Same carry on as WAGatha Cristie shenanigans. Anyway as the saying goes A fool and his money are easily parted.

Germanshepherdsmum Mon 23-May-22 10:25:17

I haven't been following it closely but the bits I have heard make me inclined to think she is not being truthful. I'm really not interested in ether of them and it never ceases to amaze me how much money 'celebrities' will throw at defamation proceedings despite having a dubious case. Quite obscene.

Zoejory Mon 23-May-22 10:26:20

No patriarchy whatsoever.

Amber has lied to the UK courts. She's lied on numerous occasions.

She has firmly stated that she donated the $7 million to the 2 causes.

It took a lot for her to admit that she hadn't actually donated it all. She donated, ( along with help from Elon Musk), 3.5 million. She goes on to say that pledge and donate are synonymous. Of course they're not. I'll try that when I go to pay my fuel bill and see what they say.

The money Serendipity is important. It's their living. Disney dropped Depp. But now Amber is being dropped from Aquaman 2 and other planned movies.
\
Amber has been involved in a domestic with a girlfriend some years ago. At an airport where it was witnessed by many.

There is also footage where Amber's sister, Whitney is in a discussion with friends about how Amber hit her.

It's a sorry mess but I think Johnny will be the winner outside of the court. No idea what outcome the poor Judge will reach,

Callistemon21 Mon 23-May-22 10:29:51

I agree with Gagajo

And I'd add that I think he is a most unattractive man, to the point of being creepy.

They both think they're above the law too, remembering when they smuggled their dogs into Australia illegally.

Aveline Mon 23-May-22 10:31:28

Sounds like they're each as bad as the other. Both trying to protect their 'brands'.

VANECAM Mon 23-May-22 11:04:54

The audio recordings are incredibly damning of Amber Heard and provide no evidence of the physical assaults asserted in her claim. Quite the opposite - the recordings include her admissions of her hitting him.

VANECAM Mon 23-May-22 11:13:22

Callistimon when did somebody being with ‘unattractive’ or ‘creepy’ (or both) suggest that they must be abusive?

Kate1949 Mon 23-May-22 11:14:02

They are actors. They are acting.

VANECAM Thu 02-Jun-22 10:13:18

Justice has been served.
My congratulations and best wishes go to Mr Depp.

Allsorts Thu 02-Jun-22 10:17:49

I think she’s manipulative, never thought her innocent. Neither of them come out if it covered in glory though. The way some live!

Sparklefizz Thu 02-Jun-22 10:32:17

I wanted to think that she was standing up for abused women everywhere, but over the trial when she was caught out in so many lies, and the "sobbing without tears" acts, I began to believe she was manipulative and a liar, and she proved she was a liar on many occasions.

I don't think either of them are innocent. They brought out the very worst in each other, and I know from personal experience what it's like to live with an alcoholic, so that would never have been pretty.

CatsCatsCats Thu 02-Jun-22 10:34:52

I'm also in camp Johnny, and so pleased he won the court case.

VANECAM Thu 02-Jun-22 10:55:11

How grateful we should all be that American court rules allowed the cameras in.

Without such access, many would not have found it so easy to accept the outcome.

BlueSky Thu 02-Jun-22 11:15:29

Calli he was a good looking man when he was younger.

Happygirl79 Thu 02-Jun-22 11:20:47

BlueSky

Calli he was a good looking man when he was younger.

He certainly was