Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday 28th May 2022

(50 Posts)
Michael12 Sat 28-May-22 06:01:11

Good Morning Everyone,
Its sunny with a clear blue sky over brackley at the moment .
I am hoping to go to Bicester via Buckingham , if not direct depending on bus arrivals .Plan to have a Breakfast bap at the cafe in Bicester .
Its also the penultimate day in the Tour of Italy in the Alps , so could watch that in full .
Had a bit of bad news as to Glaucoma eye test , have got to return in 6 months or so for a check up, think that fall I had may have caused some damage eye wise, but will take broken glasses with me when it happens , but I am due my annual check at the opticians around July so hope she also picks some thing up as to it.
Take Care,
Mick

Pantglas2 Sat 28-May-22 06:13:32

Morning Mick and all who follow from lovely Andalusia where I’ve been up since sparrowfart and am on my second full chamberpot ☕️ - tee hee ?

Sorry to read about your poorly mum Susan56 must be a worry not being on hand ? I had a blocked duct BlueSapphire and religiously followed the same directions and it cleared within a fortnight ?yours does the same!

Off for brunch in Antequera and a mooch around this morning then home for a siesta as we’ll be up late for ⚽️ tonight - Mr PG is a Liverpool fan! If Real win, there’ll be no sleep for anyone in this town!

Off to the market at casariche tomorrow- eat your heart out MissMarydoll ? there’ll be ? and ? galore!

Have a lovely weekend where you can folks x

Susan56 Sat 28-May-22 06:30:33

Good morning from Shropshire.

Mick sorry you have worries about your eyes and hope you get some answers at your next appointment.

Thank you for all your kind wishes for my mum.

Yesterday was another day of trying to sort help for mum from a distance.The day started with a frantic call from her neighbour.DH was at a medical appointment so had the car otherwise I would have gone straight over.My sister in law went and spent the day with her.I also managed to arrange a home drs visit and by last night things were hopefully improving.My brother is going over today.

H had a sleepover with big sis last night.He slept really well until midnight?DH sat in the conservatory with him until 5 when I took over.He has just gone to sleep?

Today’s plans are to put the house back together when the children have gone home.DH will mow the lawns then we will rest????

Thinking of Mr grandMattie and baubles and all with worries and struggles?

Safe journey to Urms and family???

Have the best day you can everyone??

dragonfly46 Sat 28-May-22 06:43:09

Good morning from sunny Leicestershire.
Coffee in town this morning and dog walking.
In answer to Blossoming I am not sure whether I will use my poles again. I may join a group which walks in the woods near me - it would be a softer landing!

Hoping Mattie had a good day yesterday and all those I’ll or troubled.

BlueBalou Sat 28-May-22 06:44:53

Good morning from a beautifully sunny spot north of Aberystwyth- here for a whole two weeks! Keeping my fingers crossed for good weather but probably being a tad optimistic ?
DS and family join us today for a week- so looking forward to seeing everyone.
Oh dear Mick, fingers crossed for you.
Susan56 it’s really difficult isn’t it when elderly parents are having problems? We had nearly 3 years of lurching from one thing to another with my parents, exacerbated by my father refusing to pay for care and cancelling anything we or the hospital arranged ?
I too am thinking of those with troubles, sending you a hug ?
Off to walk DDog along the beach, I hope you all have an enjoyable weekend x

grandMattie Sat 28-May-22 06:46:46

Good morning from a bright E Kent.

Not a good day, a worse night. I am at a loss.
Capre diem.

mumofmadboys Sat 28-May-22 06:55:00

Good morning from Cumbria. Sorry things are so tough for you GMattie. You are both in my prayers. Hope you get a chance to rest a bit today.
We have had a busy week but it has gone well and been fun. My 'Girls' walking group have been staying along with our guests from UA. We have had 13 at some meals. Had to borrow a table from church to extend ours. We had two good walks including a 12 mile one despite slightly iffy weather. Lots of chatting, laughter ,eating and drinking. Our 2 Ukrainian children loved all the extra attention they received and the various toys my friends bought them. Anyway a quieter weekend now! Hope everyone has the best day they can.

Oopsadaisy1 Sat 28-May-22 06:57:13

Good morning Mick, I hope you haven’t damaged your eyes and that your next Opticians appointment will set your mind at rest.
GrandMattie I hope that you and your family have a better day today, one day at a time.
Almost finished the cabin, by the time we got to that last few feet of floor laying we seem to know what we were doing!
A rest day today to ease MrOops sore back, so much sawing of wood, poor thing.
Bathroom chap came as well, so we have to finalise our thoughts and get them to him today so that he can give us a quote.
MzOops and the Oopsies are arriving tomorrow so beds to sort and clean.
Apart from that nothing to do at all, thank goodness for No Mow May I can defer that until next week. The bees are certainly happy about it as well as me.
Have a good day everyone and hugs to those who need one.

Ali23 Sat 28-May-22 06:57:49

Good morning everyone.
Oh no, Grandmattie, I’m so sorry. What an awful time you are all having. I don’t have the words to express how awful this disease is. I do hope that today is at least a little better.

No great plans for the day this end. I’m hoping for a lovely dog walk with coffee then really must do some cleaning! We tend to have a blitz every couple of weeks and tidy and wipe downs in between. Time for a blitz ?

ShazzaKanazza Sat 28-May-22 07:05:28

Good Morning Mick and everyone from a beautiful morning in our corner of Yorkshire.

Mick I’m sure your check up in July will give you some answers before you go back in six months. My uncle had and my mum has glaucoma so it’s in the family so I have to have a yearly check up, the only up side is I get my check up for free. But it’s hanging over us.

Pantglas enjoy your day and the football tonight. I’m not a football fan but I like Liverpool I think it’s because of Klop being such a lovely man. ?? they win.

Susan pleased things have improved with your mum from yesterday. In 2020 our good friends who live in France had to sort out everything care wise for her mum from there. Due to not being able to travel. What a time they had.

grandMattie ? I just can’t imagine what you are going through dear lady. Your DH has one good day then takes a step backwards poor man? thank goodness your dear son is there with you.

Take care everyone and hope all your travels and family visits are wonderful and hugs and a hand hold for those with illness and worries??

Urmstongran Sat 28-May-22 07:06:19

Here’s Matt.

“Oh what a beautiful morning, oh what a beautiful day ...” ? ?

Good morning everyone from south Manchester where the sun’s up ?

The Boy Wonder has his football club presentation this afternoon - fundraiser too with a bouncy castle, hot dogs and a raffle. Mum & dad want to take him and she’s asked me to mind L’il Miss as it can get a bit boisterous with the crowds and a bar serving alcohol. I’m more than happy to oblige!

Yesterday after school I took her to get her hair chopped much shorter. She wanted it doing for her holiday. She’s happy she still got her curls. Mum was delighted with the result. She does look even more cute ? but then I’m biased! The Boy Wonder is going to the Turkish barber with his dad this morning.

Have a good Friday all who can.
grandMattie there are no words to properly convey my sadness at your situation. I’m just glad your son is with you. x

dragonfly46 Sat 28-May-22 07:07:25

So sorry Mattie my thoughts are with you. Sending gentle hugs.

Aldom Sat 28-May-22 07:09:24

grandMattie flowers. flowers. Thinking of you.

Urmstongran Sat 28-May-22 07:11:30

*Duh - Saturday!

Sar53 Sat 28-May-22 07:11:37

Good morning from a sunny Bram. The start of our penultimate day here. The month has suddenly flown by.
Yesterday we all took Ian's classic cars and drove for about an hour to a lovely restaurant in the heart of the countryside.
We all had a wonderful time but classic cars are heavy, no power steering, so everyone was ready for a rest when we returned.
Today we are shopping for a BBQ later and probably lazing in the sun and maybe a swim. I shall miss all this when I get home.
My thoughts are very much with GM and her DH, much love to them xx
Have a super Saturday everyone, love from France xxx

ginny Sat 28-May-22 07:14:25

Good morning all. Up early with two smallest DGSs in sunny Devon. A quiet day around camp as they say with a wander down to the stream later.
The picture was drawn by 6 year old Grandson and shows all the family here on holiday. Thought it might raise a smile.
Hope all with worries and struggles have a better day today .

Ladyleftfieldlover Sat 28-May-22 07:43:35

I’m so sorry GM and Mr GM. There are no words but ???

Ladyleftfieldlover Sat 28-May-22 07:48:31

We are off to Cardigan later for our holidays. I dropped a key off with my neighbour so she can feed the cats and I’m nearly packed. We aren’t allowed in the holiday house until 5.30 pm so won’t set off until around noon. I have already booked Sunday lunch for tomorrow as it will be our 46th Wedding Anniversary. On Tuesday we are meeting friends for lunch. They live in North Wales so will meet us half way. Apart from that there seem to be plenty of galleries and castles to look at!

kittylester Sat 28-May-22 07:57:47

Good morning all from a very sunny North Leicestershire.

A quiet day before the excitement of tomorrow when DH, DS1, DD2 and DD3 are off to Wembley and 3 dgc are coming here. I hope we all cope.

Sending love and support to GM and everyone else who needs it.

cornergran Sat 28-May-22 08:00:03

Morning Mick, morning All from a sunny corner of Somerset

Yesterdays wander out was very enjoyable although Mr C currently resembles a beetroot as I lost the battle of the sunscreen. We’ll take the local bus to the beach this morning and have a walk before it gets busy then it’s admin for me, preparation for a solicitor appointment on Monday.

I’ve no words grandmattie, such a painful roller coaster. Thankfully your son is with you. The car trip sounds wonderful sar, what an experience. It sounds as if a rest today would be good susan, a long night. Hope things settle for your Mum. Would your optician bring your appointment forward mick? In your position I think I’d ask.

Take care everyone, hope Saturday has something positive for us all.

Pittcity Sat 28-May-22 08:02:11

Good morning from sunny Colchester.
Off to DD1's to celebrate DGS3's 6th birthday today. Time flies.

Sending hugs to GM and love to all ? x

Marydoll Sat 28-May-22 08:02:15

Good morning all from a sunny Glasgow, where it's 9°C.

What a worry Susan, when you are so far away from your mum. Its so hard being a mum and a daughter, where everyone tears us in all directions, expecting us to be all things to all people, we become the parent to both. Our own wellbeing gets neglected, so I hope you are managing to stay well and looking after yourself too.
GM, I am sorry to hear you sounding so sad.?
MOMB, what exciting times in your household, it sounds a really happy place.
Two lodgers are enough for me. I taught SIL to make pizza yesterday, it was lovely to spend time with him. Then DD came home from work, totally stressed and chaos reigned! I may move to a cottage by the sea, until they leave.?

On a whim, because of road closures, I changed supermarkets yesterday and went to the Silverburn shopping mall, where I bumped into Dollie and my DIL. What a lovely surprise, two days in a row of surprise cuddles.?
Later on DH said we had a message from DIL, so say Dollie looks as if she has chickenpox. DIL and DS are really concerned, because I am immunocompromised. I am really concerned too! ?

Wishing you all a lovely Saturday, whatever your plans. Pants, I have been banned from buying any more shoes, (as if I will take any notice), so if you see a pair of soft, leather, lilac loafers, please let me know. ?

Pittcity Sat 28-May-22 08:03:57

Corner DS has sunburn too. I suspect his suncream is out of date and has been languishing in his bag for years.

Grandmabatty Sat 28-May-22 08:03:58

Good morning all from Polmont where it's 9° and lovely blue skies. Grandmattie you and your husband are having such a bad time. I'm not much for praying, but I will pray for him and you. ? Michael not good news for you either.
Yesterday I decided to do the food shop a day earlier than usual. Then I picked up dgs1 from nursery. I taught him how to spread peanut butter on toast as he's always desperate to help in the kitchen. He was so proud! It did get everywhere but easily wiped. Dd came with dgs2 to pick him up so on I had all of them for a couple of hours. Susan I can't begin to think how tired you and your husband must be!
Today I'll get on with the usual housework and watering the garden. Pie and beans for tea. Have a good day all.

glammagran Sat 28-May-22 08:04:08

Good morning GN’s.

I was so shocked to read about Baubles’s very sudden illness and wish her a speedy recovery. I hope Grandmattie’s DH sees an improvement and can stay on an even keel. I was dismayed to read about the below standard help they were getting from some quarters. What worries some people are having.

We had hand, foot and mouth last week, caught from the 1 year old. DD2 was the worst affected of us. We seem to be ill constantly with infections caught from these small people.

Today DD2 is driving me to visit DS who lives an hour away. They have recently acquired a goldendoodle puppy and she is very sweet judging by the photos. They’ve been thinking about getting a dog for years but waited till the time felt right.

On Monday we have a decorator commencing a revamp of our living room. One person who quoted in April said he was fully booked until October. At the end of June we are having Karndean flooring laid and at the start of September we get our new corner sofa, all being well. It was due to arrive in mid August but we are on a Saga cruise for most of the month.

Enjoy the sunshine today even if the wind if from the North.