Gransnet forums

Chat

Virtual cruise Lyon to Avignon and Arles

(1001 Posts)
StarDreamer Fri 10-Jun-22 12:12:57

Virtual cruise Lyon to Avignon and Arles

FannyCornforth Sat 11-Jun-22 07:55:27

Lucca a few years back there was a Y2 Sats paper with a photo of a crocodile on the cover.
A little girl in my class was sent absolutely, totally hysterical by it.
She had to do a different paper the next day, she was in such a state.

FannyCornforth Sat 11-Jun-22 07:56:42

And we also had to plan and risk assess a trip to Twycross Zoo around her phobia

Joseanne Sat 11-Jun-22 08:12:24

Poor little girl. No chance of her reading Roald Dahl's book then?
Having said that the highlight of the school French trips we organised was always a visit to Alligator Bay near Mont St Michel! Totally incongruous with the setting.

Nell8 Sat 11-Jun-22 08:14:52

Talking about trips, Fanny , I'm heading off to Annecy for the day. Have been there before and loved the combination of lakeside scenery and medieval architecture. It has an Alpine vibe with lots of red geraniums to enjoy. I might even hire a little boat and take the air out on the water.

Your museum visit sounds interesting StarDreamer

Marydoll Sat 11-Jun-22 08:32:19

I am on the funicular at the moment. I shall come back later to share my day.

The appearance Roman statues, standing in the niches carved into the rock, have caught me by surprise.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=BT8vNEtk1Fg

StarDreamer Sat 11-Jun-22 10:33:09

Yes Nell8 the Musée de l'imprimerie et de la communication graphique is very good. I am hoping to go back there at some time over the weekend. But there are other museums in Lyon too, so I am hoping to be able to go to some of those too before the cruise ship heads south on Monday.

Germanshepherdsmum Sat 11-Jun-22 15:32:24

Je pense que le bateau a coule!

ixion Sat 11-Jun-22 15:36:31

?‍♀️In English, please!

StarDreamer Sat 11-Jun-22 15:44:06

No, the cruise ship is afloat, it is at Quai Claude Bernard in Lyon. The cruise ship is due to begin its journey southward on Monday.

ixion Sat 11-Jun-22 15:48:58

What is Raymond cooking up for your evening meal?
Do you take PGs? ?

Germanshepherdsmum Sat 11-Jun-22 15:51:06

I thought the lack of activity indicated that the ship had gone down with all hands.

StarDreamer Sat 11-Jun-22 15:51:58

What is PG in this context please?

ixion Sat 11-Jun-22 16:07:21

Paying Guests

StarDreamer Sat 11-Jun-22 16:34:30

Thank you for explaining PG in this context.

But why the question please?

MerylStreep Sat 11-Jun-22 16:37:44

I wonder if the captain would allow me a go on the helm. I can only ask ?

FannyCornforth Sat 11-Jun-22 16:40:49

Germanshepherdsmum

I thought the lack of activity indicated that the ship had gone down with all hands.

Come on Shep! Don’t be a negative Nelly! wink

ixion Sat 11-Jun-22 16:43:27

Because mention has been made on this thread passim about the markets, planning menus, and the inimitable Raymond-be-still-my- beating-heart.
I am not a subscribing member to this cruise, but should like to come to one of the gorgeous meals to sample french cuisine at its best.
Moreover, I do not have sea legs.

FannyCornforth Sat 11-Jun-22 16:44:17

Captain Birdseye? He had his own calendar confused

StarDreamer Sat 11-Jun-22 16:52:30

ixion

Because mention has been made on this thread passim about the markets, planning menus, and the inimitable Raymond-be-still-my- beating-heart.
I am not a subscribing member to this cruise, but should like to come to one of the gorgeous meals to sample french cuisine at its best.
Moreover, I do not have sea legs.

Yes, certainly, you are very welcome.

The cruise ship is moored in Lyon until Monday morning, when we are due to move southward.

However, we are due to be moored up somewhere well before evening dinner each day, so if you can make it to where we are moored up you will be very welcome to join us for dinner on as many days as you choose to do so.

Germanshepherdsmum Sat 11-Jun-22 17:00:48

May I join for the odd meal too please? Well, not 'odd' odd, I hope ... Occasional.

MerylStreep Sat 11-Jun-22 17:05:30

Fanny
I’ll have a shave before I join ?

ixion Sat 11-Jun-22 17:12:29

Thank you SD, you're most kind.
I am expecting hoping for an invitation to the Captain's Table...
Don't want to cause havoc in the kitchen, or whatever it's called, so I will keep it simple and just have what you're having.

ixion Sat 11-Jun-22 17:16:14

FannyCornforth

Captain Birdseye? He had his own calendar confused

Sounds more like Captain Pugwash out there to me☹️

Germanshepherdsmum Sat 11-Jun-22 17:28:59

I'm extremely jealous, ixion. I would like an invitation too. I shall sulk, I warn you.

StarDreamer Sat 11-Jun-22 17:30:00

Germanshepherdsmum

May I join for the odd meal too please? Well, not 'odd' odd, I hope ... Occasional.

Yes, certainly.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion