Chat

Virtual cruise Lyon to Avignon and Arles

(1000 Posts)
StarDreamer Fri 10-Jun-22 12:12:57

Virtual cruise Lyon to Avignon and Arles

StarDreamer Fri 10-Jun-22 12:14:32

Welcome to the cruise.

We are in Lyon, France.

Let us explore Lyon for a few days, before we depart south on Monday.

FannyCornforth Fri 10-Jun-22 12:18:16

Aye aye Captain ? ??

Joseanne Fri 10-Jun-22 12:49:27

Bienvenue à bord la croisière Lyon - Avignon.
I can't linger on here much today but over the weekend I'll put together a menu for Monday or a day of your choice. There's at least 5 food markets for me to visit tomorrow in Lyon, plenty of choice. Sorry I can't accommodate dietary preferences. You get what you're given, and anything you don't like you can feed it to the swans.

FannyCornforth Fri 10-Jun-22 12:53:47

Oh Joseanne, that sounds magnifique.
I know from experience that French cuisine isn’t the best for non-meat eaters (SD take note).
But it must have moved on from the 80’s when, on a school trip, I had to subsist on plain spaghetti for four days sad
Lots of fromage please Jsmile

Joseanne Fri 10-Jun-22 12:57:57

OK I'll make allowances for vegetarians.
Just in case anyone is squeamish about eating ? ? ? etc.

Bossyrossy Fri 10-Jun-22 13:13:37

77F in Lyon today so I think I will wear my pink sleeveless linen top with white ankle grazer jeans and my comfy but stylish pale blue sandals. Sun hat might be a good idea too. If I can fit a light cardigan in my big straw bag then I will, just in case. Mustn’t forget my sunglasses.

FannyCornforth Fri 10-Jun-22 13:18:01

Rossy, I’ll join you with the straw hat and large straw bag.
And I’ll be wearing this dress

Chocolatelovinggran Fri 10-Jun-22 13:21:05

Perfect wear, Bossyrossy. Thank you for accommodating vegetarians, Joseanne. The markets look amazing- we'll enjoy a fruit platter for pudding.

StarDreamer Fri 10-Jun-22 13:50:53

This afternoon, I'm going to have a look at the Musée de l’Imprimerie et de la Communication Graphique, that is, in English, Museum of Printing and Graphic Communication.

Farmor15 Fri 10-Jun-22 13:55:48

Very nice route with lots of interesting places to visit. I may not be able to join you for the full cruise, but there's a crocodile farm close to the Rhone that I'd recommend when you get down river a bit.

Joseanne Fri 10-Jun-22 15:20:03

Lots of museums in Lyon, hope you enjoy the printing and graphic one StarDreamer.
For others there is also Musée des tissus et des arts décoratifs.

Joseanne Fri 10-Jun-22 15:21:41

I'm waiting on a call from Raymond to help with my shopping list, don't want to let Georgesgran down!

StarDreamer Fri 10-Jun-22 17:48:47

Our cruise ship is at the Quai Claude Bernard in Lyon.

StarDreamer Fri 10-Jun-22 18:28:13

I have just got back to the cruise ship from the Musée de l’Imprimerie et de la Communication Graphique.

The museum is very interesting.

It was a pleasant walk to get there, I nearly got lost but I asked someone and he pointed me in the right direction.

The first part of the journey there was quite straightforward, basically north but a bit east along the side of the river, go over the first bridge I reach, but after a while it was a lot of right angle turns needed , each at the right place.

Joseanne Fri 10-Jun-22 18:56:00

Sorry, but you'll have to make do with a Mcdos tonight. There's one at Place Gabriel Péri, due north from you. Watch out, they drive on the right!

Lucca Fri 10-Jun-22 18:59:47

Farmor15

Very nice route with lots of interesting places to visit. I may not be able to join you for the full cruise, but there's a crocodile farm close to the Rhone that I'd recommend when you get down river a bit.

NO I am phobic.

StarDreamer Fri 10-Jun-22 19:09:56

Joseanne

Sorry, but you'll have to make do with a Mcdos tonight. There's one at Place Gabriel Péri, due north from you. Watch out, they drive on the right!

Let's all go there on a tram.

Joseanne Fri 10-Jun-22 19:41:33

Sorry I'm already down the pub having some dog therapy. Rue L'ainerie.

Chocolatelovinggran Fri 10-Jun-22 20:30:37

Order me a glass of chilled rose, please Joseanne.

StarDreamer Sat 11-Jun-22 00:09:41

FannyCornforth

Aye aye Captain ? ??

Aye aye Captain

FannyCornforth Sat 11-Jun-22 07:06:09

‘Morning all! ?
So, what’s on today’s itinerary?

Joseanne Sat 11-Jun-22 07:08:07

Bonjour.
I'm just popping out to pick up the croissants and baguettes.

Joseanne Sat 11-Jun-22 07:09:36

Good job we are provided with bicyclettes on this cruise. Need to look the part. ?
Anyone got a beret I can borrow?

Allsorts Sat 11-Jun-22 07:15:16

I’ve a Frank Spencer’s type one, bottle green, just a little large, but it hides my eyebrows which is good as I haven’t had time to put them in today. I will be partaking of a glass of chilled white wine.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion