Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday 29th June 2022

(92 Posts)
Michael12 Wed 29-Jun-22 05:56:17

Good Morning Everyone,
Its grey over brackley with signs of rain in the night this morning.
Plans for the day , I would like to do a small local shop ,and then get a bus to Bicester for a change.
But I will see how I fell after the first effort .
Early evening for me sees the team presentation of the Tour De France in Copenhagen on TV .
The race starts there on Friday .
Take Care,
Mick

Pantglas2 Wed 29-Jun-22 06:47:01

Gosh we’re all late on parade this morning Mick ?‍♀️ Just about to enjoy the chamberpot and the sun is about to peek ? over the mountain ⛰ so another lovely day at Pantglas Towers!

Will pop back later and see what everyone else is doing….

monk08 Wed 29-Jun-22 06:47:03

Good morning Mick and all who follow from the Black country, another place with signs of overnight rain.
Early start today it's mums and toddlers.
DH has booked us a table for a carvery later so no cooking yippee.
Best wishes for anyone celebrating and virtual hugs where needed. Will read through later, enjoy your Wednesday and may you all find some ?.

GrannyGravy13 Wed 29-Jun-22 06:52:00

Morning all.

The high dose of steroids is really messing with my sleep, so I am wide awake before the 7yr old on his usual Tuesday sleepover, I shall be up cooking his breakfast soon.

Not sure if I will make it to the gym for an easy work-out will see how I feel after taking all the drugs

Will,pop back kalter to catch up

Keep safe and well folks ?‍♀️?

Gingster Wed 29-Jun-22 06:52:53

Goodness - where is everybody today?

It looks overcast here in Essex. DH is going fishing so I have a day of pottering and catching up with my book club books.

The foxes in the night were having a party - in and out of the skip in next doors garden, running back and forth over the road, and making that horrible barking noise. Phew I’m shattered.

Choir tonight , so I’ll have a little session rehearsing my alto parts.

Hoping you all enjoy your day, one way or another. ?

Gingster Wed 29-Jun-22 06:54:10

Hope you feel much better soon GG. ?

Ashcombe Wed 29-Jun-22 06:58:13

Good morning on a beautiful sunny one in Torbay after a wet evening, for which I was glad to be at home!

A busy time at The Little Theatre for the Box Office staff as our year ends on Thursday, in terms of membership. Renewal forms have to be processed along with forms from our patrons who can join the Theatre Club. This entitles them to a reduction by paying for all 10 plays planned for this season in advance for which they can reserve the same seats each time.
Yesterday, I collected several forms from newly joined members, with many wishing to volunteer in various capacities but not act or direct. As Membership Secretary, I write a welcoming email to each new recruit.

This afternoon I’ll be there again for Wednesday Club then another rehearsal tonight for ‘Allo, ‘Allo. It’s proving to be great fun with a lovely group of actors and a skilled director.

A late start for many of us! Poor Mick must have thought we’d deserted him! Happy hump day! ?????

Marydoll Wed 29-Jun-22 07:03:08

Good morning all from a cloudy Glasgow. Another rainy day ahead,

Sending love to all, especially our friends who are struggling. ? Not feeling too good today, so I shall love you and leave you all.
Enjoy your day..

BlueBalou Wed 29-Jun-22 07:09:13

Good morning everyone from damp Wiltshire, I’m so glad we’ve had rain, my garden is parched.
Still decorating chaos here but it’s getting there!
DDog walk first then start returning everything to the kitchen! It looks so lovely, I am delighted with all of the decorator’s hard work.
Hope you all have a good day x

brook2704 Wed 29-Jun-22 07:10:04

Good morning everyone from Polruan, a little village just over the river from Fowey. The sun is just coming out, yesterday was very windy and wet but we got our walk done
Sorry to hear you’re not feeling too well GG and marydoll hope you’re both a bit better soon
You sound very busy Ashcombe but all good stuff - enjoy!
Today we’re walking further along the coast to Polperro - lots of ups and downs along the way ?
Enjoy your singing Gingster
Hope everyone finds something to enjoy today and take care all whatever the day brings ?

Marydoll Wed 29-Jun-22 07:14:32

Sorry, I forgot to send my best wishes to Auntieflo for today's chemo session. ?
GG, steroids are the work of the devil, I used to do the work of three teachers, when I was on them.I hope you feel better soon.

kittylester Wed 29-Jun-22 07:23:46

Good morning all from a greyish North Leicestershire.

I have to nip to M&S to return and collect parcels, collect my medication and go to the paper shop.

DD1 was admitted to hospital again last night with a high temp. So will also await updates.

dragonfly46 Wed 29-Jun-22 07:26:54

Good morning from a dull Leicestershire. Hope the sun comes out later as we are meeting friends for coffee.

Sorry to hear of your bad night GG I too had sleepless nights when on steroids.
Hope you feel better soon Mary.

Wishing everyone the best day possible.

dragonfly46 Wed 29-Jun-22 07:28:01

Sorry to hear about your DD kitty. I hope she is home soon.

cornergran Wed 29-Jun-22 07:35:59

Morning Mick, morning All from a cloudy, damp corner of Somerset

Not posted for a while but have been reading most days. You must be worried about your daughter kitty. So sorry you’re unwell marydoll, good luck to auntieflo, steroids can disrupt everything gg. Special thoughts for grandmattie. Love to all who are finding life hard going

Routine morning ahead here, grocery delivery and dust removal. A walk round a shopping centre this afternoon, mustn’t forget to collect a package from Joules.

Take care everyone. Hope Wednesday is gentle with us all.

ShazzaKanazza Wed 29-Jun-22 07:40:15

Good Morning Mick and everyone from a rainy Hull. But we need the rain so I’m not complaining.

Kitty what a worry for you and your DD hope she is home soon. ?
Marydoll sorry you aren’t feeling well today? Hope your DH is feeling better. ?
GG enjoy your breakfast with your GS sorry you aren’t feeling up to par this morning ?

This morning I’m going to the gym and getting GS from school this afternoon but not much in between. I need to vac my car after having Mum’s dog in it yesterday. She’s drops hairs like mad.

Enjoy your day if you can but hugs and thoughts to those with troubles and stress through illness.
??

Sar53 Wed 29-Jun-22 07:43:54

Good morning from a cloudy Essex by the sea.
Sending love to Marydoll, GG, Kittys daughter, GM, I hope I haven't missed anyone out ?.
Our new fridge freezer is being delivered this morning. Living on the second floor it's not as straightforward as it might be, hopefully I have prepared well.
We will need to shop this afternoon to fill it up.
Have the best Wednesday you can and love to all xx

Urmstongran Wed 29-Jun-22 07:46:08

Here’s Matt. He’s so funny isn’t he - and topical?

Good morning everyone from south Manchester. It chucked it down here in the night and woke me up at 4am with rain of biblical proportions. Dry now and sunny. Hope it stays that way as although we have no plans, Himself is picking the Boy Wonder up from school and driving him over to another junior school in Trafford for an end of year fun session of ‘tag rugby’ - whatever that is.

Yesterday we picked the children up from their childminder as mum had a power point presentation to do, welcoming new parents to her school for the September term.

She said ‘your L’il Miss is so cute, she makes me laugh. Another child fell & was bleeding slightly. L’il Miss looked concerned and I told her she’d be fine with a little TLC. She then asked me ‘have you got the ingredients?’
?

Ashcombe I love the sound of rain on a caravan roof! It always makes me feel relaxed and cosy. kitty sorry to hear your girl is back in hospital. Tell her to stop using the revolving door please. GG13 don’t go to the gym. Get well first. You too Marydoll. You’re going through t’mill at present too.

Enjoy Wednesday all who can. Thoughts with grandMattie.
x

Grandmadinosaur Wed 29-Jun-22 07:48:52

Good morning from a dull skied west London.

I don’t think we had rain but DS has just text to say GS’s sports day has been cancelled back home.
Yesterday had a walk in Kensington Gardens after a browse around a couple of shops.
Went to see the Bob Marley musical in the evening. There were some excellent performances and singers in it although we found the dialogue hard to follow sometimes.
Take care everyone.

Pittcity Wed 29-Jun-22 07:50:14

Good morning from an overcast Colchester. I've washing in the machine but won't tempt the rain and will dry it indoors while I'm out.
Wednesday morning coffee meetup in the City centre as usual followed by tennis on TV as DH is fishing today.

Sickbay is filling up again on GN. Lots of gentle hugs for all who need them.
Love to all ? x

harrigran Wed 29-Jun-22 07:50:50

Good morning from a rainy NE.
It was windy yesterday and I managed to get all the washing dried outside.
I felt dizzy and quite unwell all day and had to have a nap for an hour before tackling the ironing.
DS has booked a last minute holiday and asked me to go with them, I agreed on the proviso I don't have to join in the horse riding and canoeing as I am not fit enough ? DS does not do sun lounger holidays so this one will be in Northumberland.
SIL coming to take me shopping but he will return home after as it is brother's birthday and they are going out for the evening.
My sister had to be at Hamburg airport at 6am for her flight to Frankfurt, no word so I assume her onward flight to Newcastle is happening.
Sorry your DD is in hospital again kitty, chemo plays havoc with the body.
TOYA.

ginny Wed 29-Jun-22 07:52:40

Good morning from our overnight stop. Heavy rain throughout the night.
Onwards to meet up with our friends at lunchtime .
We are 3 couples and we usually each provide one of the first 3 evening dinners. I made a tasty sausage casserole which I froze. We carefully made sure it would fit in the fridge of the caravan so it would thaw on the way. Guess where that casserole is now ?
Yep, still in the freezer at home.
Must think of a plan B !

Healing thoughts for all who need them and a good day for all.

grandMattie Wed 29-Jun-22 07:53:36

Very late good morning from E Kent.
Had a difficult night, sitting up with DH for most of it. He is spinning out the last threads of his life and has only a short time to go. I am alone atm. I had someone from Crossroads the previous night. It is all rather trying.
Poor DD has an interview today, but has offered to come over immediately after, bless her.
Waiting to see the nurse and hear from the hospice. It’s rather lonely sitting here with an unresponsive DH… ?
Hope everyone has a good/better day today. Carpe diem. ????❤️

Stilllearning Wed 29-Jun-22 07:56:44

Good morning from S Lanarkshire, it’s been raining during the night and I think more is forecast, so far we are having a miserable ‘summer’.

East Ren. DD and family off to Newcastle this morning to catch the overnight ferry to Amsterdam and thence to a campsite near Rheims for a few days before heading to Disneyland which will be a surprise for the children. Another surprise will be that DD 4 aka fun auntie is joining them there. I don’t know who will enjoy it more! It will be lovely fir her to have time with the children.

Exercise class today and a nice catch up over coffee afterwards.
One of our number has become a granny again, her daughter in her forties has had a much longed for first baby so everyone is delighted for her.

I have mass first thing ( Feast of Peter and Paul) where, of course I will be remembering specially all of us who need prayers. Have a good day everyone ???

hollysteers Wed 29-Jun-22 08:00:38

Good morning from a now cloudy northwest coast.
Oh grandMattie such a hard time for you ??
Off on a day trip to Trentham Gardens and Leek, a far cry from recent Balearics, but the wanderlust never leaves me. Never been to Leek (market day) and want to see as much of my own island before it’s too late. An American visitor put us to shame with all the places he crammed in.
Thoughts also to all of those here with troubles.