Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday 29th June 2022

(93 Posts)
Michael12 Wed 29-Jun-22 05:56:17

Good Morning Everyone,
Its grey over brackley with signs of rain in the night this morning.
Plans for the day , I would like to do a small local shop ,and then get a bus to Bicester for a change.
But I will see how I fell after the first effort .
Early evening for me sees the team presentation of the Tour De France in Copenhagen on TV .
The race starts there on Friday .
Take Care,
Mick

Greyduster Wed 29-Jun-22 08:02:46

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. It has rained overnight in South Yorkshire, and it’s definitely cooler. I really wish the wind would drop though - it’s getting on my nerves! I have booked myself onto a exercise class at the swimming pool this morning. Whether this will prove to be a good idea will manifest itself by lunchtime when I will probably be zonked out from exhaustion, but nothing ventured!
Kitty I hope your DD is back on track soon??.
Have the best day you can folks.

Ladyleftfieldlover Wed 29-Jun-22 08:05:00

GM???I am thinking of you at this difficult time.
I am having a quiet day, I think, although OH wants to go and look at the Burne Jones mural in a nearby NT property after lunch. I’m all for it if we can have a cream tea in the Tea Rooms afterwards.

Urmstongran Wed 29-Jun-22 08:06:56

Oh grandMattie you sound so sad. It’s upsetting to hear your dear man’s health is ebbing so much faster than first indicated when he was diagnosed. In some ways this must be a shock to you all as on one level it’s unexpected. Yet, sorrowful as this is, he now has little quality of life and I hope the end is in sight and that he slips away gently. A good death is all any of us can hope for. Your daughter will be back later to help take the strain. Lean in. x

GrannySomerset Wed 29-Jun-22 08:11:40

Fifty five years since DD made her painful appearance at 6.30 am so am thinking of her with joy this morning. My thoughts are with gMattie and the sad and painful time she is experiencing, and I hope she is being supported. Marydoll too is having a different kind of hard time.

Singing this afternoon, book group tomorrow and the funeral of the lovely man who looked after our garden on Friday - that’s what counts as a busy week here. Listening to the news, I feel we can take nothing for granted any more so the small routines of life become ever more important.

harrigran Wed 29-Jun-22 08:12:19

So sad to read your post this morning grandMattie, may God give you the strength to sustain you at this difficult time.

Grandmabatty Wed 29-Jun-22 08:12:19

Good morning all from Polmont where it's currently 14° and wet. I'm sad to read about the many poorly people on the thread. My heart especially goes out to Grandmattie and her husband. It's a lonely vigil for you.
I'll visit mum and then go for a coffee to my friend. Dd has a frozen shoulder and I'll nip up and see her at some point. Have a good day all.

farview Wed 29-Jun-22 08:14:45

grandMattie...you are an amazing lady and your post brought tears to my eyes...??

Greyduster Wed 29-Jun-22 08:15:12

GrandMattie I missed your post. I can’t tell you how sad I am for you. All I can say is that he is in the place he would want to be, with you and your family. That is all that he would ask. My heart breaks for you.

aggie Wed 29-Jun-22 08:15:39

Good morning from a dull damp NI, good for the garden , seems my Daughter and I have crossed wires , I was wondering why the greenhouse plants were so soggy , she has been in with the watering can ! Just as well I decided to let them dry out , now we need to set up a rota ??
granMattie my prayers are with you xxx

Nannagarra Wed 29-Jun-22 08:17:09

We feel your pain and are here for you sister Mattie.

BlueSapphire Wed 29-Jun-22 08:20:24

Good morning everyone from a bright but damp Northampton; must have rained overnight.

Oh grandMattie, I do feel for you. I have been there while DH had his last days; we were all just waiting for the end which thankfully was peaceful; there was a great sense of relief when it came as it just seemed as if everything was on hold till then. Thoughts and prayers are with you.

Had a really lovely health walk in the sunshine yesterday, chatted to a friend all the way round, then into the cafe for coffee - and more chat!

A bit of pottering this morning, and then Book Club this afternoon; looking forward to more chat and cake. We now have a cake fund; everyone pays £1 a month and one member is tasked with buying a delicious cake! Have just done a Covid test which thankfully was negative, so set to continue as normal.

May the sun shine on all of us today.

GrannyGravy13 Wed 29-Jun-22 08:24:20

grandMattie you sound beaten this morning, I am holding you both in my thoughts and prayers.

Your DH will know you are there beside him which will be a comfort in his last days, and you know that you couldn’t have done anymore.

(((Hugs))) ???❤️❤️❤️

baubles Wed 29-Jun-22 08:25:53

Good morning all from South Lanarkshire where the miserable weather continues.

We dropped over to see DD’s gang yesterday afternoon as they’re off on holiday today. Their firstborn goes to high school this year, the photo is her saying goodbye to her much loved teacher.

Thinking of all who are ill, especially gMattie’s dear husband. ?

ShazzaKanazza Wed 29-Jun-22 08:26:11

grandMattie there are no words for what your DH is going through?
I can’t begin to imagine how you are all feeling. ?

EkwaNimitee Wed 29-Jun-22 08:30:44

grandMattie, my heart bleeds for you, I know what it's like to sit with a fading unresponsive DH. I hope you are going to get plenty of support in the coming days.

Grammaretto Wed 29-Jun-22 08:33:51

Good morning from the Scottish Borders where it is a dry, still, 12 degrees.
I read your post with a deep sadness gMattie and hope that even without words you and DH can support eachother at this strange time.

I have the yarn group this morning. This group has been one of my best supports since my DH died.

His mum and sister are coming here for lunch today so I can use my new oven. I shall use it to make rhubarb crumble.

DGS aged 15 is going to volunteer in our community store in the school holidays, which begin here on Friday. This is to develop his "people skills" which his DM thinks he lacks. He will be much quicker than me on the till!

Have as best a day you can everyone. Kitty flowers Baubles thanks for the tender photo.

Susan56 Wed 29-Jun-22 08:35:44

Good morning from Shropshire.

I am so sorry to read your sad post this morning.Our thoughts and prayers are with you, your DH and your family.

Thoughts also with all our good morningers who are unwell and those who have family members unwell.

ixion Wed 29-Jun-22 08:36:52

Thinking of you GrandMattie at this difficult time.
I just wish we could do more.
?

Jaxjacky Wed 29-Jun-22 08:41:37

You are in my thoughts grandMattie at this most difficult time.

Pantglas2 Wed 29-Jun-22 08:47:46

Just popping back with some ? for Grandmattie and hope you find the strength to manage this precious time with your beloved husband x. Know that we’re all thinking of you ?

Sar53 Wed 29-Jun-22 08:52:16

I have just read your post Grandmattie, my heart goes out to you. You sound so sad and alone. Love and a virtual hug from me xxx

Shelflife Wed 29-Jun-22 08:58:36

Grandmattie, I don't post here but am following your posts. Can't pass by without sending you my thoughts. I am so sorry and sad for you , you are going through so much with such fortitude. I hope you hear from the hospice very soon today, I can understand how alone you feel. Not much comfort I recognize that ,but I and many others here are thinking of you , your DH and all your family.

dragonfly46 Wed 29-Jun-22 09:01:29

Just to let you know my thoughts are with you Mattie, sending gentle hugs.

Stilllearning Wed 29-Jun-22 09:05:43

Just read your post grandMattie, my thoughts are with you.

TopsyIrene06 Wed 29-Jun-22 09:06:19

GM: Deeply, deeply sorry for all that is happening.