Gransnet forums

Chat

Room 101

(124 Posts)
BlueBelle Fri 05-Aug-22 07:07:46

I m sure this has been done before but hey ho let’s do it again
What’s your Room 101?
I have a great hatred for squeezy bottles of things (tomato sauce/ mayonnaise etc) at the moment I am fighting with the latter it will not drip down but all sits ‘up in the bottom’
So the ‘thing’ is sitting upside down (as it’s made to) but the mayonnaise is sitting in the bottom which is on the top
Get your head round that
So I have to take the top off ( which is at the bottom) try and squeeze the stuff down or keep the top on and bang it or get the knife out to scrape it but then you can’t get in the corners and miss half of it
Grrrrrrr
How about you ?

Alioop Sun 07-Aug-22 17:57:58

My friends mobile phones that they always bring out of their handbags as soon as you sit down for lunch. I wish there was a hole in the table I could chuck them all in.
Also the people that step of pavements onto the road and don't check for traffic as they are to busy looking at their phones. I've had to slam my brakes on at times because of the idiots and I'm the one that gets the filthy look as if it was my fault.

jerseygirl Sun 07-Aug-22 19:41:30

Scott Mills, whatever he does and plastic tags on clothing etc

jerseygirl Sun 07-Aug-22 19:42:04

Oh and motorists who park on pavements!!

BlueBelle Sun 07-Aug-22 19:45:50

Ohh who’s Scott Mills ?

Chewbacca Sun 07-Aug-22 19:49:38

He's a very smiley DJ Bluebelle and quite irritating.

BlueBelle Sun 07-Aug-22 20:03:35

Now I ve got to Google to look at his annoying smile

Scottiebear Sun 07-Aug-22 20:06:19

BlueBelle. With you on this. Why are bottles made so you can't get the last bits out? I love caramelised onion chutney. But it's in a square bottle with a round top. So there's always some at the top you can't get. Same with salad cream, mayonnaise and tomato sauce. I'm sure I could design better bottles.

Yammy Sun 07-Aug-22 20:43:08

People who show you endless photos of holidays or weddings they have attended with no one you know on them.
Answering mobile phones or texting at the dinner table.
Being expecting to smile when dogs jump up at you and lick. For the original Room 101 slugs snails and frogs.

Valels Sun 07-Aug-22 20:48:11

Tiggyw I could have written your post!
Can I add:
People who can't say the le'er 't'
Boutique hotels (what exactly are they anyway?)

I could think of so many more......

JenniferEccles Sun 07-Aug-22 22:36:16

The Extinction Rebellion mob and their like.
Be warned as they will apparently be glueing themselves to a road near you soon.
The recent hot weather has got them in a lather it seems.

Lucca Sun 07-Aug-22 22:59:16

When you tell people,you are going on a holiday then they lecture you for half an hour on how well they know that place and everywhere else in the world, while you sit there like a dummy.

LovelyLady Sun 07-Aug-22 23:01:37

Those who proudly say they don’t know their neighbours. Why why why would you not speak and befriend your neighbours. I know mine, some I like, some not. I still speak with them. Can’t stand folk that are too busy to befriend neighbours.

LovelyLady Sun 07-Aug-22 23:13:01

Folk who just have to mention what university they attended within mins of meeting them.
People with tidy houses.
IKEA furniture.
Biggest one - those who ask me to remove my shoes when I visit. I never ever return. It’s just rude.

Lucca Mon 08-Aug-22 07:46:20

people with tidy houses. Why ?

Millie22 Mon 08-Aug-22 08:42:59

Ikea furniture ?

Most houses in the country have something from Ikea even if it's only a plant pot.

SueEH Mon 08-Aug-22 08:43:12

Slightly off piste but I booked a single room at the Rotana hotel in Al Ain AD. I had a kitchen, sitting room larger than my daughter’s entire flat, a dressing room, bathroom and bedroom. All similarly generous. It was Room 101. I could have housed the occupants of a small town.smile

Anannymous Mon 08-Aug-22 09:56:36

Can I put pop up wastes in please. I am on my fifth one that has stopped popping up. I just want a plug on a chain please!

icanhandthemback Mon 08-Aug-22 10:39:41

Lucca

*people with tidy houses*. Why ?

Because they make us lesser mortals look like bad. grin

Smileless2012 Mon 08-Aug-22 21:09:42

People who wear back packs and don't seem to understand that there are people standing behind them.

Chewbacca Mon 08-Aug-22 21:23:02

Good one Smileless! I was almost knocked into the middle of next week by a young bloke with a HUGE backpack on; he suddenly got up from his train seat, hoiked it up onto his back I got full force! And he had the gall to glare at me when I asked him to be more careful!

FannyCornforth Tue 09-Aug-22 07:55:39

Oh gawd, yes, re backpacks.
Always on the train.
Never, ever get on a train with a load of students going to a festival shock

SachaMac Tue 09-Aug-22 21:23:30

Another one for me, people using the term ‘peeps’ when addressing people.

riete Tue 09-Aug-22 22:04:27

ordinarygirl

graffiti - ugly, not artistic and devalues the towns it exists in
litter - why are people not trained to use bins or take litter home?

actually i like graffiti. it's not particularly intended to be artistic or pretty. often carries a political message, and especially useful for people who have no other platform.

absolutely agree about litter though!