Gransnet forums

Chat

For all the Boris fans out there!

(116 Posts)
grannydarkhair Sat 06-Aug-22 00:38:09

I wonder how long he practiced for this ?

twitter.com/rupertmyers/status/1555507898763075586?s=21&t=dzab_PquDwtXwpNfZ5mLqw

FannyCornforth Sat 06-Aug-22 13:02:41

Kandinsky

For all the ‘Boris Bashing’ on here he wouldn’t look twice at any of us - he’s with a beautiful woman in her early 30’s.
He looks very happy to me ?

I beg to differ!
As was said about Clinton, ‘he’s a very difficult dog to keep on the porch’
I reckon that his tastes are probably quite eclectic

GrannyGravy13 Sat 06-Aug-22 13:03:53

FannyCornforth

I don’t think that we have seen the back of Johnson at all.
Truss will make a complete mess of things, and the Conservatives will be begging for him to return.
There will be a GE and Labour will be far too preoccupied with falling out with each other about to put on a united front.
Meanwhile the Tories will all stand firmly behind their man, and Johnson will romp home.

If your prediction was to come true, I fear many on GN would be having an attack of the vapours ????

Kandinsky Sat 06-Aug-22 13:07:19

FannyCornforth

Oh I’m sure he has a wandering eye, but I doubt it wanders as far as pensioners ?

Nandalot Sat 06-Aug-22 13:11:33

I notice for once his hair looks quite presentable. So he can make the effort!

Callistemon21 Sat 06-Aug-22 13:19:50

Kandinsky

FannyCornforth

Oh I’m sure he has a wandering eye, but I doubt it wanders as far as pensioners ?

???

Callistemon21 Sat 06-Aug-22 13:21:46

FannyCornforth

Kandinsky

For all the ‘Boris Bashing’ on here he wouldn’t look twice at any of us - he’s with a beautiful woman in her early 30’s.

I beg to differ!

Oh, I don't think so.
Can't imagine him behaving as Clinton has reputedly done.

Chewbacca Sat 06-Aug-22 13:27:49

I can't bear the man one bit; but even I think it's a low blow to criticise a man for dancing with his young son.

grannydarkhair Sat 06-Aug-22 13:30:41

eezybee Quite right, I noticed the spelling mistake after I’d posted (as usual).
Why are some people assuming that I posted this to be nasty? Have none of you heard Peter Kay or other comedians do his/their bit about “Dad dancing”? That’s what this wee video brought to my mind.

Callistemon21 Sat 06-Aug-22 13:38:10

Oh dear, I just showed DH and now he's walking round waving his arms about and singing Sweet Caroline ?
Grandad Dancing

Joseanne Sat 06-Aug-22 13:41:32

That's the problem with Dad/Grandad dancing, they don't know how to control their arms to move in unison with their body.

Baggs Sat 06-Aug-22 13:50:42

Zoejory

I think I must be the only person on the planet who hasn't watched Dirty Dancing. Obviously seen clips, heard the music but that's it. Maybe one day.

I haven't seen it or heard the music. Probably never will unless it's forced on me in my dotage.

I have heard of it. I suppose that's a start ?

Baggs Sat 06-Aug-22 13:51:19

Callistemon21

Oh dear, I just showed DH and now he's walking round waving his arms about and singing Sweet Caroline ?
Grandad Dancing

? Awww

Calendargirl Sat 06-Aug-22 13:57:03

Luckygirl3

Is it usual now for the bride to dance with her grandfather in the first dance ........... ? smile

Oh, that’s unkind.

TBH, I looked at the clip and couldn’t see what the fuss was about.

Baggs Sat 06-Aug-22 13:57:22

I wonder how many GNers would even allow a skit of them dancing to 1960's popular music to be shown on social media.

I'd actually like to see some of you dancing ?

(I have danced (Scottish) in public many times, including on TV once.)

Baggs Sat 06-Aug-22 13:58:11

Calendargirl

Luckygirl3

Is it usual now for the bride to dance with her grandfather in the first dance ........... ? smile

Oh, that’s unkind.

TBH, I looked at the clip and couldn’t see what the fuss was about.

When did the Johnson's do anything "usual"?

And why should they?

Baggs Sat 06-Aug-22 13:58:53

Aaaaaargh! wrong apostrophe alert!!!

FannyCornforth Sat 06-Aug-22 13:59:36

Kandinsky

FannyCornforth

Speak for yourself!
I’m eight years younger than both Johnson and his second wife.
And I know for an absolute fact that there are some extremely attractive and glamorous women on GN who would turn any man’s head.

Kandinsky Sat 06-Aug-22 14:33:39

You’re very young to be on GN FannyCornforth - I imagine the average age is around 65?
( although I’m in my 50’s so not a pensioner either! )

Fleurpepper Sat 06-Aug-22 14:42:40

Callistemon21

FannyCornforth

Kandinsky

I beg to differ!

Oh, I don't think so.
Can't imagine him behaving as Clinton has reputedly done.

Apparently at the Lebedev's last party in Umbria- Katie Price and him hmmm.

gillgran Sat 06-Aug-22 14:53:39

Oh, I hadn't seen that, Thanks for posting, looks like a fun family occasion.

sharon103 Sat 06-Aug-22 14:56:32

GrannyGravy13

I do wonder who will come in for constant derision once Mr.Johnson is no longer on the scene?

Boris Bashing has become a daily occurrence for some on GN, no doubt they will miss him dearly…

I agree. Well said.

Dinahmo Sat 06-Aug-22 15:14:38

Witzend

eazybee

If you are going to insult someone. at least take the trouble to spell it correctly.
The verb is 'practised.'

? - you saved me from feeling the need to say it.

It's easy enough to make a typo! And the OP wasn't saying/typing anything insulting.

Dinahmo Sat 06-Aug-22 15:16:25

Looking at the size of the marquee the party would appear to be sparsely attended.

Dinahmo Sat 06-Aug-22 15:18:37

Kandinsky

FannyCornforth

In a few years it will just wander to the next 30 year old.

grannydarkhair Sat 06-Aug-22 15:24:27

Dinahmo I explained in my second post why I’d posted the clip. Why eazybee thinks it was insulting, I have no idea.