Gransnet forums

Chat

Welcome to the all new summer special Argy Bar - buy one cocktail, get two free

(205 Posts)
Shirley48 Sun 07-Aug-22 16:47:19

A warm (phew what a scorcher) welcome to one and all in the all new Argy. Topless waiters a speciality. Cocktails served in pint mugs. Nibbles available…….

Shirley48 Mon 08-Aug-22 10:42:10

ixion

Do you open for morning coffee? I'd like to bring my elderly mother for elevenses and maybe some nibbles.
Thanks.

Yes, we’re open for coffee - only Irish coffees though, in pint glasses - and Anton is happily available for nibbles….

Shirley48 Mon 08-Aug-22 10:46:19

VB000

I'll have a long sloe comfortable screw, up against the wall please!!

Followed by a lie-down....

I should follow that with a hot bath - those walls are non too clean after last night’s shenanigans

Shirley48 Mon 08-Aug-22 11:18:25

Doodle

Crumbs Shirley where did you find Anton…..and more to the point how have you managed to keep him out of the hands of GrannyGravy and her masterful thigh grip. ?
It’s a bit early for me (not) but I’ll indulge in a double Bosom Caresser followed by a Banana Bliss please ?

Ah, afraid I can’t divulge where I found Anton…….

I’ll get him to rustle up your drinks right now and then he’ll attend to you personally

Pantglas2 Mon 08-Aug-22 11:26:38

Ooh Doodle where did you learn about Bosom Caressing ?there was none of that when I was behind the bike shed wiv u an de norty buoys…?

Is Wanton oops, Anton, available for some mixology lessons ? Shirley I need another Stiffgit to mount in my bedroom….?

MawtheMerrier Mon 08-Aug-22 11:30:52

Sounds as if there might be some cougars among the Argy clientele? grin

Shirley48 Mon 08-Aug-22 11:32:43

Pantglas2

Ooh Doodle where did you learn about Bosom Caressing ?there was none of that when I was behind the bike shed wiv u an de norty buoys…?

Is Wanton oops, Anton, available for some mixology lessons ? Shirley I need another Stiffgit to mount in my bedroom….?

I asked Anton and he said “Tell Pantson I will be in her bedroom to sort out a mount later”

ixion Mon 08-Aug-22 12:54:59

Is Chef in tonight?
Looking in vain for a menu!

Shirley48 Mon 08-Aug-22 13:38:37

Anton says that Chef says it’s too hot for cooking so he’s making bread rolls with nothing on wink

AGAA4 Mon 08-Aug-22 13:56:10

Can someone tell those waiters that they have their thongs on the wrong way round

Shirley48 Mon 08-Aug-22 14:20:57

AGAA4

Can someone tell those waiters that they have their thongs on the wrong way round

Ah, is that what it is? I thought I needed new glasses. I’ll see to the adjustments personally……

Prentice Mon 08-Aug-22 14:23:34

I do really prefer my bread rolls to have something on, could have some ham and mustard please? also some soup.
thank you for providing these deck chairs in the bar it feels just like being on holiday.
after lunch I will try the Hemingway Champagne followed by a snooze.
I have covered my bikini in a extra large bath sheet as I don't want to put anyone off their food and drink.

Doodle Mon 08-Aug-22 14:25:49

Prentice I don’t think hot soup is a good idea. If the chef is cooking with nothing on he might scald something important. ?

Doodle Mon 08-Aug-22 14:27:32

Pants I’ve been to sex educashun class at college. That’s how I know about Bosom Caressing. We used to have it after class.

Prentice Mon 08-Aug-22 14:31:04

Doodle

Prentice I don’t think hot soup is a good idea. If the chef is cooking with nothing on he might scald something important. ?

tell him to use a covered bowl and the microwave? I must have hot soup no matter what the temperature outside.
do you have a garden outside? we could play beach volleyball later.Or if feeling tired, could watch the waiters playing?

AGAA4 Mon 08-Aug-22 15:29:16

There is a roof garden where you can go if you feel a bit ...erm...tired. One of the waiters will be happy to take you up.

Pittcity Mon 08-Aug-22 15:55:28

Can you ask chef if there's steak on the menu? I like my rump tenderised!

MawtheMerrier Mon 08-Aug-22 16:32:52

Did someone say beach volleyball?

ixion Mon 08-Aug-22 16:43:18

AGAA4

There is a roof garden where you can go if you feel a bit ...erm...tired. One of the waiters will be happy to take you up.

Grab yourself a seat, Prentice.
Before it gets too crowded!
?Budge up, everybody

Doodle Mon 08-Aug-22 17:12:27

Pittcity I noticed a cricket bat in the kitchen I think that’s what chef uses to tenderise rumps. I think he does it by appointment though.

Doodle Mon 08-Aug-22 17:13:33

Maw how on Earth did that chap in the photo get his equipment tangled up in his catapult.

Shirley48 Mon 08-Aug-22 18:18:54

Pittcity

Can you ask chef if there's steak on the menu? I like my rump tenderised!

I’ve just found the tenderiser - it was in the gents loo - I think the cleaner uses it sometimes if she can’t locate the toilet brush. Anyway, I’ve given it a good spit and polish, so I’ll pass it on to Chef

MawtheMerrier Mon 08-Aug-22 18:43:14

I believe he is auditioning for the Vienna Boys’ Choir next week!

Shirley48 Mon 08-Aug-22 18:49:23

Yes, I expect his voice is very uplifting

Doodle Mon 08-Aug-22 19:06:25

Soprano?

Shirley48 Mon 08-Aug-22 20:54:37

Or possibly even a falsetto?!

Anyway, must dash - I see the male stripper has arrived…..