Gransnet forums

Chat

What snack do you eat in this heat..healthy or not!

(101 Posts)
Bea65 Mon 08-Aug-22 13:14:51

The heat makes me eat less...well..to a degree...I've just had a bag of salt & vinegar crisps and cut myself a wedge of sharp strong cheese and popped it into the bag .. ate it like a little mouseblush..sounds crazy I know but it was delish and that's my lunch today and now not hungry... whats your heat snack?

JackyB Mon 08-Aug-22 13:30:31

I just ate a juicy nectarine and a sliver of cheese.

Kate1949 Mon 08-Aug-22 13:32:18

I've just had a piece of coconut ice blush

Redhead56 Mon 08-Aug-22 13:34:01

I don’t have a big appetite anytime these days I just ate half a small tub of marinated anchovies and two dill pickles. I will have some Greek yoghurt and honey mid afternoon. Spaghetti (small portion) with anchovies tomato and Parmesan for tea.

Witzend Mon 08-Aug-22 13:35:38

More of a light lunch, but half a pack of halloumi, sliced and lightly fried, plus some cut up cucumber and peppers.

merlotgran Mon 08-Aug-22 13:40:12

Falafel with hummus and cucumber in gf pitta.

Heat never seems to affect my appetite more’s the pity. ?

foxie48 Mon 08-Aug-22 13:40:38

I had a lunch of scrambled egg on toast with a tomato. I'm now polishing off some dark chocolate with nuts, lovely! I think I had quite a healthy lunch. I'm having sea bass with home grown veg for supper + a glass of wine (or two).

CraftyGranny Mon 08-Aug-22 13:41:16

An egg and bacon butty!!! All allowed on Slimming World programme

CraftyGranny Mon 08-Aug-22 13:43:19

Heat never seems to affect my appetite more’s the pity. ?

Same here Merlotgran

Fleurpepper Mon 08-Aug-22 13:51:34

just tucking into a small bowl of ice-cream, vanilla and coffee.

TerriBull Mon 08-Aug-22 14:19:19

I second JackieB up thread, Nectarines, at their best, are wonderful my favourite of all the summer fruits.

Callistemon21 Mon 08-Aug-22 14:21:45

I must get up from this sun lounger and get a couple of nectarines!

HowVeryDareYou Mon 08-Aug-22 14:22:08

I had an omelette at 12 noon. Just had an apple with a dollop of Greek yoghurt and a teaspoon of honey. Salad and tuna tonight.

Prentice Mon 08-Aug-22 14:26:33

foxie48

I had a lunch of scrambled egg on toast with a tomato. I'm now polishing off some dark chocolate with nuts, lovely! I think I had quite a healthy lunch. I'm having sea bass with home grown veg for supper + a glass of wine (or two).

this menu does sound lovely.

I do try not to snack but a slice of buttered toast is always welcome, sometimes I lightly sprinkle rock salt on it.

Prentice Mon 08-Aug-22 14:27:28

unlike most of you, unfortunately my appetite has not dimmed with time.

Callistemon21 Mon 08-Aug-22 14:41:04

Prentice

unlike most of you, unfortunately my appetite has not dimmed with time.

Mine neither.
Nor due to the hot weather

Auntieflo Mon 08-Aug-22 14:42:43

DH has just made a pot of tea, so I sliced three slivers of Irish Whisky Tea Loaf, spread with butter, and cut in half. Three pieces each. DH has also polished off some Indian snacks.

tanith Mon 08-Aug-22 14:44:21

I had cheese in a crusty roll and a bowl of cherries I'm having salmon with veg and rice later.

Jaxjacky Mon 08-Aug-22 15:14:19

I x Oatibix, prunes, blueberries and raspberries for usual brunch at 12, just eaten a banana. Frittata tonight, courgette, onion, ham, new potatoes and Parmesan with cu and toms from the garden.
The weather doesn’t change what we eat, if appetites are less here someone is ill.

dahlia Mon 08-Aug-22 15:15:58

In 20 minutes, DH will make coffee and I will enjoy a scone with butter and jam. Very warm here, but so far it hasn't reduced my appetite!

SusieB50 Mon 08-Aug-22 15:23:26

Had a wedge of watermelon and the remains of a chick pea salad from last night . Maybe a cheese omelette and more salad this eve with some half baked French stick I found in the freezer last night.

Lexisgranny Mon 08-Aug-22 15:27:31

Not a meal but quite delicious, I freeze grapes ( the crispy ones are best) in ice cube trays. At first they were actually to be used as ice cubes, but then I started crunching them rather than putting them in cold drinks,, delicious and cooling.

Sago Mon 08-Aug-22 18:21:57

Liquid snacks for me, a good Provençal Rose or a niceSancerre.

Baggs Mon 08-Aug-22 18:56:37

Lexisgranny

Not a meal but quite delicious, I freeze grapes ( the crispy ones are best) in ice cube trays. At first they were actually to be used as ice cubes, but then I started crunching them rather than putting them in cold drinks,, delicious and cooling.

This sounds nice, lexis, only we don't need much cooling in Argyll – heating's still coming on for an hour twice a day.

My favoured meal in-betweenies are a slab of my own date, walnut, banana cake or a couple of chocolate biscuits.

I call them in-betweenies but they are really part of my daily nourishment. I've always eaten five or six times a day. It seems to suit my metabolism.

RichmondPark1 Mon 08-Aug-22 19:31:46

We have and old plastic lolly making mould where you put in water and cordial and put them in the freezer. They cost next to nothing and really cool me down.