Gransnet forums

Chat

Beards... disgusting

(185 Posts)
Serendipity22 Thu 18-Aug-22 18:57:56

Just watching the news on TV and a hideous beard appeared. What is it about this latest trend?

I seriously can'too stand looking at them and I ALWAYS end up sitting on the opposite table in a restaurant to one, ughh i see soup dripped upon this ugly mound of hair, I see spaghetti caught up on the bristles as its been sucked up, ohhh my life there is absolutely ziltch attractive about them.

Get this, last christmas I even saw a chap decorating his beard with miniature baubles.... no need for words as my expression said it all hahaha.

Yes, each to their own, Im all for each to their own BUT beards are excluded hahahahaha.

Grandma70s Thu 18-Aug-22 20:13:52

PS I thought the fashion for beards had waned now. I hope so.

Serendipity22 Thu 18-Aug-22 20:15:52

Good to put it out there though.

We can't all like the same thing.

At first I wondered is it because they lost their hair on their head that they felt the need to grow hair elsewhere, then I saw men with both. Must admit I could start a flippin beard with the amount of hair sprouting through...!!

My grandad used to give me chin pie hahaha, almost ripped the skin off my face...

shockshock

Serendipity22 Thu 18-Aug-22 20:17:45

Grandma70s

PS I thought the fashion for beards had waned now. I hope so.

Not round here its not !!!! Gee wizz, its like planet of the apes !

Serendipity22 Thu 18-Aug-22 20:20:09

Jaxjacky

MrJ has a lovely tidy beard, love him, love his beard.

Ahhh now THAT is not bad whatsoever....

I mean the type of beard that resembles 1 of the cast of Planet of the Apes !!! Eeeeeek

shockshock

LilyoftheValley Thu 18-Aug-22 20:21:58

I cannot bear beards after I was hotly pursued by a James Last lookalike on holiday once. He gave me the creeps!

I did read on Mumsnet - am I allowed to mention them> - that beard hair is of the same type as pubes!! The thought of one nestling into my face .........................!!

Serendipity22 Thu 18-Aug-22 20:23:21

LilyoftheValley

I cannot bear beards after I was hotly pursued by a James Last lookalike on holiday once. He gave me the creeps!

I did read on Mumsnet - am I allowed to mention them> - that beard hair is of the same type as pubes!! The thought of one nestling into my face .........................!!

Ohhhh my life !!!!

Its funny but it's soooo NOT

grandMattie Thu 18-Aug-22 20:47:12

All my men have/had beards.
Food is never caught in them, the chaps are clean eaters!
They are washed with the face, regularly.
Can’t see what the problem is.

Smileless2012 Thu 18-Aug-22 20:57:54

Mr. S. has a goaty; love it.

Blossoming Thu 18-Aug-22 21:00:08

Mr. B has a well trimmed beard.

Sara1954 Thu 18-Aug-22 21:33:53

My husband has a beard, it’s quite tamed now, but has been on the bushy side at times.
He came back from the barbers once with it shaved off, at first I didn’t recognise him, and then I cried.

Grannybags Thu 18-Aug-22 21:40:33

My DH had a beard when we got married and still had it when our son was about 2. He then shaved it off and our son cried wouldn't let him anywhere near him for a couple of days!

Shirley48 Thu 18-Aug-22 21:44:41

LilyoftheValley

Do I lead an outrageous life, or do you lead a very sheltered one?

Shinamae Thu 18-Aug-22 21:50:58

Stubble yes,…beard no..?

Nannarose Thu 18-Aug-22 21:51:47

Kissing a man without a beard is like eating an egg without salt....

Caleo Thu 18-Aug-22 21:55:00

Beards, like all hair,must be challenging to keep clean.

I particularly dislike beards + moustaches}+shaved areas carved with a razor into picturesque shapes .

MissAdventure Thu 18-Aug-22 21:58:07

I love beards.
Small goaties, right through to full on bushy ones.
They're one of the best things about men. smile

Keeping them clean, just wash them when you wash your face, it's all quite simple.

ixion Thu 18-Aug-22 22:02:08

Mine too Jaxjacky, greying over the decades!
I have never seen Mr. I without said facial hair in 47 years.

I have, instead, had the misfortune to sit in restaurants and observed (and or heard) close by, soup being slurped, food being churned round in open mouths and others sorts of disgusting manners.
And that's just women.

Granny23 Thu 18-Aug-22 22:05:23

I think I've told the story on GN before but here goes anyway. MIL would not allow a beard or moustache in her house, made DFinL shave off his moustache the day he came from WW11. We married and went off on Honeymoon to Italy where DH got sunburnt on the first day, Did not shave for a fortnight and turned up to work (family firm) with a full curly beard. His DM went ballistic when DH refused to remove it and contacted me to insist that I MADE him shave it off. He never did but kept it neat and tidy. Friends DDs & DGC find it quite strange to look at our wedding albums and see him beardless. I tell them it is my first husband, which is true - First & Last.

Glorianny Thu 18-Aug-22 22:11:24

I like beards. My ex looked better with one. There are all sorts of products now to keep them clean, moisturised and perfumed. No need for a dirty one.

MissAdventure Thu 18-Aug-22 22:11:44

smile

GrandmasueUK Thu 18-Aug-22 22:15:19

Nannarose

Kissing a man without a beard is like eating an egg without salt....

Totally agree. grin Most of my male friends have beards and my OH has one too. All are well groomed and none of them are going bald.

Lucca Thu 18-Aug-22 22:59:27

Grandma70s

Horrible. I always think men with beards are trying to hide some ugly feature, or have an insecure personality.

Sorry but that’s just plain ridiculous

Redhead56 Fri 19-Aug-22 00:03:22

What’s wrong with a man with any hair it’s so sexy! Men waxing and getting rid of hair is disgusting give me a real man any day. A slimy shiny bare chest and shaven everything else is absolutely a no go.

Baggytrazzas Fri 19-Aug-22 00:06:11

Grandma70s

Horrible. I always think men with beards are trying to hide some ugly feature, or have an insecure personality.

That's a bit harsh.

Kim19 Fri 19-Aug-22 03:25:46

Don't care for them myself. Always makes me a little bit sad to think of the Adonis which is hidden behind one son's fungus. Yes, his choice, of course but I haven't a moment's doubt it was originally motivated by laziness. May also be that his partner likes it. I'll settle for him in any package but sometimes.....just wish....