Gransnet forums

Chat

Phoenix's Curse

(241 Posts)
kittylester Fri 19-Aug-22 11:47:58

Written in 'honour' of our ex sil - commonly know as the ar****le.

Elizabeth27 Fri 19-Aug-22 12:21:55

Some people are just trying to unnecessarily exclude others.

Phoenix was a member of gransnet who died, I assume this is the anniversary of her death or her birthday. She either wrote or shared the poem.

Why not just explain at the beginning when asked?

Shirley48 Fri 19-Aug-22 12:24:04

Elizabeth27

Some people are just trying to unnecessarily exclude others.

Phoenix was a member of gransnet who died, I assume this is the anniversary of her death or her birthday. She either wrote or shared the poem.

Why not just explain at the beginning when asked?

Hear hear

GrannyGravy13 Fri 19-Aug-22 12:26:45

There are multiple threads on GN that I have no idea what they are about, I ignore them.

Glorianny Fri 19-Aug-22 12:27:59

I never understood the curse business. After all your SIL is someone else's DS. Still Phoenix had a dedicated group of followers on GN. I think her memorial could have been posted in a better way. But anyway RIP Phoenix

MerylStreep Fri 19-Aug-22 12:30:17

Please, everyone who had the privilege to know Phoenix scroll past those who are trying to disrupt this lovely thread.

Mine Fri 19-Aug-22 12:30:42

Thanks for explaining ELIZABETH27..I'm reading the post thinking it was like being back in the girls toilets at school...

GrannyGravy13 Fri 19-Aug-22 12:30:55

Glorianny

I never understood the curse business. After all your SIL is someone else's DS. Still Phoenix had a dedicated group of followers on GN. I think her memorial could have been posted in a better way. But anyway RIP Phoenix

There is a memorial thread it’s titled Our Phoenix

This thread is entirely different

Joane123 Fri 19-Aug-22 12:31:21

Lovely! Matter of opinion.

Shirley48 Fri 19-Aug-22 12:33:46

this lovely thread?
A poem about putting an evil spell on someone?

crazyH Fri 19-Aug-22 12:33:53

R.I.P. Phoenix - great lady with a great SOH

Hellogirl1 Fri 19-Aug-22 12:35:26

R.I.P. Phoenix, it doesn`t feel like a year.

Namsnanny Fri 19-Aug-22 12:38:05

12.18 Shirley48 sensible reply.

Mine Fri 19-Aug-22 12:38:44

I don't think anyone is trying to disrupt the post MERYLSTREEP..True a lot of us new to GN didnt have the privilege of knowing Phoenix who I imagine was well loved but that comment you just made isn't very nice....I dare say it is a clique...

Blossoming Fri 19-Aug-22 12:39:34

I always enjoyed Phoenix’s posts, though I realise they’re not to everybody’s taste. The Curse still makes me laugh. She was witty and generous, and sent mea lovely and simple recipe for chicken and ham pie that even a one handed, visually challenged cook like me could manage easily.

Germanshepherdsmum Fri 19-Aug-22 12:43:53

Sadly I don’t remember Phoenix but that’s a truly wonderful spell. There are several people I could use that on! Thanks kitty and, posthumously, Phoenix. I wish I had known you.

Honeysuckleberries Fri 19-Aug-22 12:44:14

Gransnet is a world wide group and not all of us knew of Phoenix or of any other posts about her.

I am not trying to disrupt this post either.

To me it was just a random post demeaning an ex sil.

I will leave you all to it.

kittylester Fri 19-Aug-22 12:46:08

It is funny - a joke Something gn has lost lately. Curses don't really work youknow.

I think I started the son in law being called the Idiot thing and, lo and behold, there were lots of them around.

So, Phoenix wrote a COMIC curse for mine in particular but for anyone else who might need to use it.

For whoever said that my ex Sil is someone's son - the women who he abused in all his relationships are all someone's daughters.

This is not a clique just reminiscing with other people who remember.

Please leave this thread to those of us who loved and missed the lovely, funny and irreverent phoenix.

Germanshepherdsmum Fri 19-Aug-22 12:49:21

Well said kitty. There really isn’t much fun here these days is there?

kittylester Fri 19-Aug-22 12:49:42

Glorianny, I doubt Phoenix would have liked to be remembered any other way.

Hellogirl1 Fri 19-Aug-22 12:50:58

Well said Kitty!

GrannyGravy13 Fri 19-Aug-22 12:51:10

kittylester well said

StarDreamer Fri 19-Aug-22 12:58:45

So does that mean that it is purported to be alright for a woman to today post a poem about a male body part?

Double standards in action?

merlotgran Fri 19-Aug-22 12:59:45

Honeysuckleberries

Sorry I’m not part of the ‘in crowd’ with knowledge that you favoured ones have.

Who or what is a Phoenix, I thought it was a bird that turned to ash and came back in a burst of flames.

Posting a ‘hate’ verse is distasteful and as it was aimed at an ‘ex’ I presumed it was meant as a rebuke or curse at the person concerned.

I also have the right to my own opinion and the right to reply to a post.

And sadly you also have the right to condemn something of which you clearly have no understanding.

I’m not going to bother to try and explain.

‘Not my circus, not my monkeys!’

kittylester Fri 19-Aug-22 13:37:21

StarDreamer

So does that mean that it is purported to be alright for a woman to today post a poem about a male body part?

Double standards in action?

It is absolutely fine to do anything anyone likes with any of the ar**le's body parts!

NanKate Fri 19-Aug-22 14:41:18

I’m with you Kitty. ?

Phoenix fought until the end and is sadly missed.

What I want to know is whether there is the female equivalent to the ar*le as I know someone who still is being cruel and unkind to one of my dearest and nearest 5 years on?