Gransnet forums

Chat

Tesco cancels deliveries today.

(35 Posts)
Nandalot Fri 19-Aug-22 16:06:13

I was sitting here waiting for our Tesco delivery and started browsing Mumsnet and learnt that Tesco has cancelled all deliveries after 1 pm today. No notification so it was good I spotted it. This shop contains our groceries for the first couple of days of our self catering holiday for 5 in quite a remote area so I am not too pleased to say the least!

Jaxjacky Sat 20-Aug-22 11:49:13

The voluntary group I’m in did that during the height of lockdowns Callistemon21. We don’t do it now as everything opened up we’re back to lifts for medical appointments, our resources are limited.

Nannashirlz Sat 20-Aug-22 11:55:34

Yes it’s a technical problem with them and you have to reboot it. It’s nightmare trying because every man and jack are trying lol

VioletSky Sat 20-Aug-22 12:00:08

What a nightmare, hope you got something sorted

Jaxjacky Sat 20-Aug-22 12:48:32

I’ve just had a phone call from a lady on behalf of the Tesco CX, we had a constructive chat, e-voucher on it’s way, thé call was appreciated as a response to my email.

PollyDolly Sat 20-Aug-22 12:50:19

Was this a nationwide cancellation or just local to the OP I wonder? my near neighbours had a delivery yesterday PM.

Kate1949 Sat 20-Aug-22 12:54:35

I think your neighbour was very lucky Polly. According to the news, it was all deliveries nationwide.

Callistemon21 Sat 20-Aug-22 13:50:38

It's good to know there are groups around the country helping.

LauraNorderr Sat 20-Aug-22 14:06:54

We’ve just had our usual text from Tesco listing a couple of substitutions to this afternoon’s order. All seems to be well.
We have done our grocery shop on line for many years, I hate shopping and also I’m not tempted by the sweet offerings that are planted around the till.
Lovely to hear about so many communities where those who can will shop for those who can’t. Heart warming.

biglouis Sat 20-Aug-22 16:56:49

As a disabled non driver I rely absolutely on internet shopping and have been with Tesco for many years. I loath food shopping and have never been in a supermarket for about 10 years. I stick very strictly to a set list which is ready stored on the site so shopping takes about 5-10 minutes.

I have my Tesco delivery scheduled for early this morning and was wondering if it would be back to normal. As a precaution I placed in identical order in a slot for tomorrow. However all my shopping arrived and I was able to cancel the extra deslivery for someone else to have the slot.

Whay I did like about Tesco was that during the lockdown when everyone was after slots they did look after their existing customers and set up a system of priority slots for anyone disabled or vulnerable.