Gransnet forums

Chat

So now we know why the Queen died

(212 Posts)
Mollygo Thu 29-Sep-22 14:20:50

I’m so glad my details won’t be published.

CatsCatsCats Sat 26-Nov-22 09:49:08

According to the Daily Express and Daily Mail (OK, not noted for accuracy) the Queen had bone cancer in the years leading to her death. Which, if true, would have explained a lot of her obvious discomfort with mobility, etc.

JaneJudge Tue 04-Oct-22 23:12:37

oh well, that explains everything!

Callistemon21 Tue 04-Oct-22 23:10:27

Not until Sunday, JaneJudge

JaneJudge Tue 04-Oct-22 22:59:44

I think there was too
is it a full moon?

volver Tue 04-Oct-22 22:58:42

lemsip

no need for that response Lucca either

Oh, I think there was.

lemsip Tue 04-Oct-22 22:52:37

no need for that response Lucca either

Mollygo Tue 04-Oct-22 22:51:47

It’s strange. When I started this thread it was in response to comments conjecturing about Her Majesty’s death. The certificate simply said ‘old age’ and that, I thought, would be enough. I should have known better.
Some of the comments on here are decidedly disrespectful and some absolutely gross. I’m asking for it to be removed.

Lucca Tue 04-Oct-22 22:34:21

Curtaintwitcher

It's just as well that Prince Harry got there too late. No doubt he would have given a blow by blow account of her last moments, with him at her bedside, holding her hand as she slipped away.

Never miss an opportunity to be unpleasant, not to say vicious. You must be fun to be around

icanhandthemback Tue 04-Oct-22 20:38:05

Curtaintwitcher

It's just as well that Prince Harry got there too late. No doubt he would have given a blow by blow account of her last moments, with him at her bedside, holding her hand as she slipped away.

How utterly vile that is to think it is just as well that a beloved grandson would get there too late to say goodbye.

volver Tue 04-Oct-22 19:58:37

It's just as well that Prince Harry got there too late.

What a despicable thing to say.

Curtaintwitcher Tue 04-Oct-22 19:39:23

Joseanne Tue 04-Oct-22 16:45:29

Yes Callistemon, I guess that was my thinking that she was banged up in the castle, (covid times), her husband dying, no one to properly talk to when she was scared or upset (weren't we all?) or maybe even in tears. "Soaking up tears" was just a bit of flowery language from me. Take it or leave it folks. Actually perhaps I could have been a good scriptwriter for Eastenders.

Anyway I'm glad she got to meet Paddington towards the end. He would have been a good confidant and given her a big bear hug. ?

volver Tue 04-Oct-22 16:05:44

An observation...

A criticism of the way someone talks about or describes the late Queen isn't equivalent to criticising the late Queen.

Anniebach Tue 04-Oct-22 15:46:19

‘He has,quite simply, been my strength and stay all these years’

I don’t know if she took this from a mills and boon book, never
read them, have read ‘A Grief Observed’, C.S.Lewis

Callistemon21 Tue 04-Oct-22 15:34:14

But what she lacked in those final years was someone to soak up her tears and disappointment.

I can see where you're coming from Joseanne
Probably what she lacked in the last year was someone who might speak the truth to her, talk things through straightforwardly.
Someone who wasn't a son, a daughter, daughter-in-law, however kind they might be or a friend who might be worried about upsetting her however close they were.

ie Her husband. He had been ill, then died and she lost her main support.

volver Tue 04-Oct-22 15:26:53

Nobody said that it did though Annie, did they?

Germanshepherdsmum Tue 04-Oct-22 15:26:24

Of course not Annie, but the comment was in response to someone who said HM didn’t have a shoulder to sob on.

Anniebach Tue 04-Oct-22 15:23:37

Good friends and confidantes are an assurance that one is
protected from grief, and hurt, ! Not true.

volver Tue 04-Oct-22 13:38:14

Agreed.

Germanshepherdsmum Tue 04-Oct-22 13:34:33

Indeed. Very well chosen.

Joseanne Tue 04-Oct-22 13:30:20

Germanshepherdsmum

I agree volver, silly thing to say. She had good friends and confidantes.

And very trustworthy they have been too, never uttered a peep.

Germanshepherdsmum Tue 04-Oct-22 13:27:21

I agree volver, silly thing to say. She had good friends and confidantes.

volver Tue 04-Oct-22 13:22:21

It's the phrase "soak up her tears and disappointment".

It's a symptom of the way we are conditioned to think of them, I think. That they are just like us, that their lives are some kind of Mills and Boon/Eastenders mix. It's not respectful to the person you are talking about, she's not your auntie.

Joseanne Tue 04-Oct-22 13:18:54

the most powerful woman in the world
You can be THE most powerful person in the world and still need a shoulder to cry on I would imagine

Joseanne Tue 04-Oct-22 13:16:46

OK "in my opinion", see my paragraph I've been there and can draw parallels.