Gransnet forums

Chat

Baron Trump

(69 Posts)
sharon59 Wed 16-Nov-22 10:25:00

Oh dear, Donald Trump has announced he is running again for President, That alone causes me concern, but in a media link this morning, his son Baron was sat with his mum watching his father spout on. What a sad, forlorn young man he appears. It just makes me wonder...

Riverwalk Wed 16-Nov-22 10:33:23

Wonder what? The boy is 16.

Sparklefizz Wed 16-Nov-22 10:34:38

sharon I noticed how unhappy he looked.

hollysteers Wed 16-Nov-22 10:40:37

There are rumours that Barron Trump suffers from autism, which explains his discomfiture, but it has never been confirmed.

Blossoming Wed 16-Nov-22 10:55:04

In 2024 Biden will be 82 and Trump will be 78. At the risk of upsetting some grans I really do think there should be younger candidates.

midgey Wed 16-Nov-22 10:58:21

Blossoming I totally agree with you, just because you can doesn’t mean you should. I feel that applies to so many fields.

Fleurpepper Wed 16-Nov-22 11:03:42

Blossoming

In 2024 Biden will be 82 and Trump will be 78. At the risk of upsetting some grans I really do think there should be younger candidates.

Absolutely.

MiniMoon Wed 16-Nov-22 11:08:05

I've often wondered whether Melania is autistic. She seems very uncomfortable in social gatherings.

Joseanne Wed 16-Nov-22 11:10:43

I agree, they need to come up with some younger candidates.
I'm not keen to comment on his young son's demeanour as its none of our business. Trump didn't push the boy in our faces while he was President, so I'm guessing his privacy will be well guarded, as it was for Obama's daughters, or anyone standing.

Smileless2012 Wed 16-Nov-22 11:10:48

I'd feel uncomfortable in social gatherings if I was there with Donald too.

imaround Wed 16-Nov-22 21:58:42

It is a rather unspoken rule in the US that minors living in the White House are not to be talked about or hounded. Even by private citizens. When it happens, and it does, even the adult children of past President's, on both sides, will band together to denounce the actions. These are children who have no say in what is happening. Talking about First children is considered crass and looked down on.

Michelle Obama released a new book on November 15th, is headed out on a book tour and even she told the press to leave her children alone.

That being said, it is encouraging that his announcement is being largely brushed over by the media and even people who voted for him the first time have said not again.

A clause in the 14th Amendment may stop him all together since Congress will never actually be able to commit to charging him with anything. States can leave him off ballots due to this clause, even if he did win a Primary.

There are still plenty of Trump supporters here angry, but hopefully the tide will change as it is appearing to do. Most of the candidates he backed lost this November. He is toxic to any republican who wants to keep their job.

What happens will depend on what Biden does. He is a very unpopular President and his ratings are low. So are Kamala's. The best thing they could do is allow someone else run for 2024 if they want to keep the White House. In my opinion.

imaround Wed 16-Nov-22 22:00:54

I should add, that unspoken rule means current minors and past minors of President's. Just because Barron is no longer living in the White House does not mean he is fair game.

It actually turned my stomach to see his name as the title of this thread.

Complain about Trump all you want. He deserves.... well let's me just say that the punishment for treason would be best IMO. Leave Barron alone. He is just a kid and did not choose his parents.

imaround Wed 16-Nov-22 22:03:21

I should clarify, here means in the US, not on GN.

Callistemon21 Wed 16-Nov-22 22:07:52

He's a teenager.
He's bound to be bored, in fact I'd be worried if he looked happy to be paraded out like this.
Poor lad.

When I saw the heading I thought for one moment that an outgoing PM had awarded Mr Trump a baronetcy 😲
I'd change my name if I were Baron.

Callistemon21 Wed 16-Nov-22 22:09:45

Barron - apologies.

imaround Wed 16-Nov-22 22:17:30

Could you imagine having to live with Donald Trump Callistemon?

I would look like that too to be honest.

Callistemon21 Wed 16-Nov-22 22:18:41

imaround

Could you imagine having to live with Donald Trump Callistemon?

I would look like that too to be honest.

Really, shouldn't laugh but 🤣🤣🤣

imaround Wed 16-Nov-22 22:27:33

Meliana would probably look like that as well, but Botox.

At first I thought she was a hostage with something akin Stockholm Syndrome, but after watching her for four years she is an active participant and chooses to be there. I don't like assuming about anyone, but in this case I have an idea why she is still there. Wonder what her prenup looks like.

maddyone Wed 16-Nov-22 23:49:08

Blossoming

Me too Blossoming.

Grantanow Thu 17-Nov-22 00:31:23

The US needs some younger blood at the top - it's not just Trump and Biden, consider Mitch McConnell and Nancy Pelosi! Where are the younger politicians of great ability? Same question here in the UK of course.

maddyone Thu 17-Nov-22 00:35:44

Rishi Sunak is our youngest ever PM though.

Dickens Thu 17-Nov-22 00:53:09

sharon59

Oh dear, Donald Trump has announced he is running again for President, That alone causes me concern, but in a media link this morning, his son Baron was sat with his mum watching his father spout on. What a sad, forlorn young man he appears. It just makes me wonder...

It's possible he just feels uncomfortable having to make a public appearance with his parents. He's a teenager and it's not a natural environment for them, he might also be bored.

Teenagers' brains are wired differently to the adult brain.

I hope the media leave him alone. I read some spiteful things that were said about Obama's daughters. White-House kids need to be allowed to grow up without the glare of publicity, regardless of who their parents are.

Lesley60 Thu 17-Nov-22 01:44:32

I just can’t understand why Meliana doesn’t leave Trump, she obviously doesn’t love him you can see that from her body language
She would be set up for life with the settlement she would receive, she still has her looks and youth so what keeps her with a racist, narcissistic misogynist like him.

Leavingnormal Thu 17-Nov-22 02:09:29

I’m hoping that now Murdoch seems to have no use for Trump, it will mean any resurrection of his political career is likely to fail. Without the support of the Republican Party and withdrawal of Murdoch support I’m having a hard time thinking he will be successful. Although DeSantos could very well be -although that may change.

I also agree with the pp who wrote that both Trump and Biden will be too old at the next election. I’m not age-ist, I am old and I think old people do marvellous things for society, but holding a country leadership position is too demanding at their ages. And better off that there’s less a risk of dying in office.

nanna8 Thu 17-Nov-22 07:00:30

Far too old, I agree. There should be a max of 65 and a minimum of 40 but it won’t happen. It would not be a woke thing to do. In reality I think as you get older you tend to lose it a bit. Biden certainly has, not sure about Trump because he was somewhat whacky in the first place.