Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday 23rd November 2022

(74 Posts)
Michael12 Wed 23-Nov-22 05:48:43

Good Morning Everyone,
A dark start as usual but dry here in brackley and maybe a wind chill as well .
Yesterdays bus journeys went to plan , I had a all day small breakfast in Buckingham as I had a hour to spare there, plus reuniting with people I have not seen for awhile .
Its still quiet out there still in people numbers .
Take Rare ,
Mick

grandMattie Wed 23-Nov-22 06:00:39

Good morning from as yet unopened curtains in E Kent. A mixed day is forecast.
I finished my three shepherds and five sheep (I can’t count! 😂) and posted them to DD. I think the girls will like them.
I spoke to DD at lunchtime to wish her a happy birthday. To my surprise, she answered from the top of the church tower! Some visitors were being taken up and she joined them…. Lovely photos of Bristol and the spire of her old parish church in Redcliffe.
We had a very good T’ai chi class, with lots of laughter as we changed the starting point which confused us all. Nice chat with coffee after. We have trained the lovely public and to give us biscuits - we are the only customers to get any! 🤣
I’m meeting late DS2’s girlfriend for tea and cake this afternoon. DL is receiving some friends at 1845 this evening. A very odd time for entertaining, is it not?
Hope those with troubles have some relief, and everyone has a quiet day with some physical and metaphorical sunshine ☀️. Carpe diem 🦩🦩🦩🦩

grandMattie Wed 23-Nov-22 06:01:04

Lovely PUBLICAN!

Ladyleftfieldlover Wed 23-Nov-22 06:19:47

Morning all from a dark and cold West Oxfordshire. At least I’m still in bed. Bits and pieces of admin today. Possibly another ice cream - lemon maybe? It seems to be a favourite and granddaughter loves it. I will be listening to a talk on London this evening on zoom. Oh, I will be popping over to the Health Centre to drop off my specimen.

Ashcombe Wed 23-Nov-22 06:23:30

Good morning from a wet and windy Torbay.

At last, I’ve had a reasonable night's sleep! Having caused my hip to be grumpy from too many nights on the recliner, I found a comfortable position in bed, using a pillow between my knees to help the hip. A great improvement this morning!

Your shepherds and sheep look superb, grandMattie! Such talent and impressive that you find the time in your busy life to complete the task. It brought to mind “While Shepherds Watched Their Flocks” which I like when sung to the tune of “O For A Thousand Tongues To Sing”. Uplifting!

I hope those on visits and trips to shows or concerts have enjoyed themselves, especially Sar53 with the thespian DGD1 playing Romeo. You must have felt so proud!

Happy hump day, everyone! 🦩🥰🦩💐🦩

Nannagarra Wed 23-Nov-22 06:35:55

Good morning from Sefton where it is raining: I am now reconsidering my plan to appear in person at the surgery rather than be 228th in the phone queue in just over an hour’s time.
Yesterday I travelled across Liverpool to meet a group of friends I haven’t seen since before the pandemic. Mid-journey I came across this attractive fellow - a lambanana - which I have attached to brighten everyone’s day.
Thinking of you all.

cornergran Wed 23-Nov-22 06:46:58

Morning Mick, morning All. Our corner of Somerset looks soggy again, rain bearing on the front windows. .

We made our trip yesterday almost in spite of the motorways. 75 minutes between two junctions had us considering the wisdom of coming back home. We arrived much later than planned which concentrated our minds for sure. Pleased we persevered, enjoyed seeing our friend, found an outside Christmas decoration we’d been hunting and more than relieved to see the torrential rain of late had not flooded my parents grave as it had during the last three years. The alleviation work carried out in the spring has been successful, The return journey saw us on a detour along very dark and seemingly narrow lanes. Motorway at a standstill again after another accident. We gave thought to the souls involved in the accidents, so much worse for them.

Routine dust removal today. I’m looking forward to being at home and setting things to rights.

Good news you had a more comfortable sleep ash. How could anyone fail to love your knitted nativity grandmattie? Hope this evenings visitors aren’t too intrusive.

Look after yourselves everyone. Hope Wednesday is kind to us all.

Grandmabatty Wed 23-Nov-22 07:08:08

Good morning all from Polmont where it's currently 4° and looks dry although it's difficult to tell as it's still dark. Ash I'm glad you slept better. It always helps face the day, doesn't it? Grandmattie lovely shepherds. Cornergran that's a real journey of love for you. I expect you will be happy staying home today.
Yesterday was a busy day playing with dgs2. He has started giving you a toy when you say "ta," and he's so proud. Yesterday he stood completely unaided for a bit until he realised and dropped to the floor. He also pulled a small bathroom unit over onto himself. Fortunately neither he nor the unit were damaged in the process. Dgs1 was quite hyper when I picked him up from nursery. Apparently he'd been hyper most of the day. Poor nursery staff!
Today I woke very early which is a nuisance as I was looking forward to sleeping til eight. I have a dental appointment then I'll visit mum. I hope to hear how my friend is doing. She was taken into hospital to manage her pain and for further investigations. I googled the type of cancer they think she has and wish I hadn't. It won't do any good weeping and wailing about it. She's remarkably stoic so I shall be too.
This afternoon I have mail to attend to but that's all. Have a good day all.

Jaxjacky Wed 23-Nov-22 07:13:59

Morning from a wet, squally S Hants, supposed to stop soon.
Your nativity is delightful gMattie what patience. Glad you slept well Ash it makes a difference.
Trip out later to the farm shop, I’ll resist festive greenery for now.
Plumber is coming to finish pipework on the boiler and flush the system through, then I have to see significant pounds leave my bank account.l
Enjoy your day 🦩🦩

Grandmadinosaur Wed 23-Nov-22 07:17:32

Good morning all from East Yorkshire. It’s still dark but a dry morning so far. I think showers are expected today.

My plans were cancelled today. I was due to meet a friend in Beverley but as the forecast isn’t/wasn’t great we postponed. So last night DH were chatting and decided to go out somewhere. I think we have decided on Meadowhall for a change. I was last there in Feb 2020 just before the lockdowns when it was eerily quiet. Won’t be today! I need to do a list of what gifts etc we need rather than wander around aimlessly.

I love those Lambananas in Liverpool Nannagarra we came across them a few years ago. We have a similar thing here but ours are puffins.

Glad that you got to see your friend despite the journey Cornergran

A good nights sleep makes the world of difference Ash you must feel better for that alone.

Have a good day everyone.

BlueBalou Wed 23-Nov-22 07:25:15

Good morning everyone, it’s pouring with rain here in my little corner of Wiltshire; a wet dog walk this morning 🙄
I’ve got my warm waterproof (at the moment) dog walking coat out; it’s really cosy with fleece lining and deep pockets.
Yesterday I felt restless in the afternoon so rearranged some bits of furniture and then tackled finally sorting out my far-too-large craft stash. It’s now in labelled boxes and I’m happy.
I was exhausted by early evening, my energy levels aren’t good at the moment ☹️, so I had a very early night and slept well.
Today it’s housework and making pâté 😋
I hope today goes well for you all x

Gala Wed 23-Nov-22 07:25:33

Good morning from a soggy Sefton. Looks like it could be set in for the day Nanna. I have a small pottery version of the yellow lambanana. I took it with me as a reminder of home when we went on our 'travels'. I'm always delighted when I come across one I haven't seen before. There are quite a few across the city, in all sorts of unexpected places. There are some really wacky ones. I love them.
Zoom Zumba this morning then meeting some friends for a carvery lunch in your neck of the woods Nanna. Then a bit of admin this afternoon involving my laptop & a website that just wouldn't cooperate yesterday. I had strong words & left them overnight to have a good think about it I hope for better cooperation this afternoon🤞.

Love the knitted nativity gM. I'm sure they will be much appreciated. Where do you find the time & the patience? You have much to contend with at the moment.

Take care all.

GrannyGravy13 Wed 23-Nov-22 07:33:39

Morning all

Early start I have to get 7 yr old ready for school at 8am and then I have an appointment at 8.30 so need to dry my hair and get a move on,

I will catch up later 🙋‍♀️🦩

Grandmadinosaur Wed 23-Nov-22 07:37:24

I’m back to share a photo of the gorgeous sky just taken from the back bedroom window.

Pittcity Wed 23-Nov-22 07:38:17

Good morning from Colchester where the rain clouds are gathering.
Warm waterproof coat and boots on this morning to walk into the City centre for the Wednesday morning coffee meetup.
Colchester becomes a city officially tonight but I think I'll give the parade a miss and watch the ceremony online. I don't fancy going out in the cold and dark. No Royal visit, just the Lady Lieutenant.
Love to all 🦩 x

karmalady Wed 23-Nov-22 07:41:12

Good morning, s somerset is pouring down and the wind is noisy

Beautiful nativity GM, made with love and will transport love wherever they go

Most days are a frustrating washout at the moment. Mini floods in some lanes with culverts bubbling over.

I may do some sensible accounting today, I saw Martin Lewis on tv last night and the realisation hit about money being much tighter for all over the next few years. Other than that, a pottering day with a duster in hand

baubles Wed 23-Nov-22 07:50:56

Good morning all from dark but dry South Lanarkshire.

The fog didn’t lift at all yesterday so I’m glad to see that it’s cleared now.

Sleep is so restorative Ash, glad you had a good night.

Love the nativity figures Mattie, and the lambanana Nanna.

It’s DH’s birthday but I’m working so we will go out this evening for a bite to eat, probably curry.

Must get going, have the best day possible everyone. 🦩

ShazzaKanazza Wed 23-Nov-22 07:55:57

Good morning Mick and everyone from Hull.

GrandMattie your shepherds and sheep are wonderful you are so talented. Thankyou Ash for reminding me of the carol While Shepherds Watched their Flocks it hasn’t come to mind for many years. I’ve been singing it in my head.

Nannagarra I love the lambanana very interesting to read why they were created.

Grandmabatty so sorry to hear about your dear friend💐
My little grandaughter who is 8 months just wants to be walked around while you hold her hands not good for our backs. There is no sign of crawling yet just walking.

Have a good shop In Meadowhall Grandmadinosaur.

This morning I’m going to the gym. Not sure I can face Christmas shopping again this afternoon after a full day yesterday with not much done. I have bedding to iron for the spare bed and re make it.

Have a good day everyone and virtual hugs to those suffering with family and friend worries. 🌻🌻

monk08 Wed 23-Nov-22 07:58:32

Good morning all from a very wet Black country.
Some lovely photos on here already today, Grandmadinosaur I'm envious of that sky we haven't had one like that for ages.
grandMattie the nativity is beautiful something to love and cherish for years to come.
Pick up Dgs from nursery today and collect DH prescription they texted early evening to say it was ready.
Enjoy your day whatever your plans and may you all find some 🌞.

Gingster Wed 23-Nov-22 07:58:38

Good morning all.

Beautiful sunrise grandmadinosaur
Lovely shepherds GM .

I will take little gd to school. She loves to play a game as we walk. Usually I spy and it’s getting more complicated with two words ( W P = wet pavement) , (S C = silver car) . I can’t catch her out.! I have to be on my game! 😢.

Dh might go fishing , but the forecast isn’t good.

I must deliver my friends birthday card and present, so I’ll need the car. I should have taken it yesterday as I was that way. 🤯.

Dd and boys still ill so will do some shopping for them.

Hope you all have a ‘good’ day.

Wyllow3 Wed 23-Nov-22 07:59:59

Morning all from a raining S Yorks (grumble, mumble)

Just love those shepherds, GM. I hope we get a pic of when they are all assembled.

A big heave-ho effort to the gym then a quaker Zoom today and problem a big more "sort and discard" activity. tho its officially for a house move next year, its good to have less "Stuff" - the problem areas are so many art works I did when I was doing fine Art, including out of date techie stuff like VHS's.

have the best days you can GN's...travel safe! ( Cornergran that was quite some trip yesterday), take care poor lies and enjoy DGC.

ginny Wed 23-Nov-22 08:00:58

Good morning everyone.
We are now docked at La Gomera, will be off on an excursion later.
Yesterday was a day of mountains and volcanos on La Palma, see photos.
Last evening we had a great performance fromAlfie Boe in the ships theatre .
Wishing all a good day.

Wyllow3 Wed 23-Nov-22 08:02:02

Ps I call it Meadowhell GNdinasaurdue to its size but on a wet cold day like this it will be bright and cheerful

Georgesgran Wed 23-Nov-22 08:04:22

Good morning from Durham where it’s dry and the sky is an amazing pink giving everything a pink glow. A less busy day beckons with some card writing this morning followed by coffee with an old friend – we meet most weeks and have known each other over 50 years, starting work for the local authority on the same day.
There had been worrying weekend for DD2, under the threat of redundancy – she wanted to keep it to herself till she knew the full extent – but having had rib apply for a similar post in the reorganized company, she has been successful (in an interview of 83), so her immediate future is safe and she’s got a pay rise. A massive relief all round.
I hope others have some good news today too!
Best wishes to all. X

NannyJan53 Wed 23-Nov-22 08:06:43

Good morning from a dull and very rainy Black Country, after a cold but sunny day yesterday.

Went into Wolverhampton with Mum as she wants to replace her blue shoes. Hardly any shoe shops there now, and the ones open did not have what she was looking for! It was all boots, trainers and black slip-on shoes. I told her it may be Spring now before blue shoes are back on sale. We had lunch and she bought some birthday and Christmas cards.

No real plans today, housework and ironing probably.

Wishing you all a good day