Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday 3rd February 2023

(59 Posts)
Michael12 Fri 03-Feb-23 05:59:19

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but dry outside here in brackley this morning.
I will do a local early shop for a few basics before I go to on the bus to Bicester .
I then return lunch ,and watch cycling on TV.
Take Care,
Mick

BlueBalou Fri 03-Feb-23 06:19:12

Good morning, it’s a damp start here in northwest Wiltshire.
Yesterday was a tetchy, restless day for me, I did quite a lot of tidying up various bits but couldn’t settle to anything. I’m wondering if the change in medication is partly to blame?
Today I am going to do some painting, I need to sit and focus and stop fidgeting!

grandMattie Fri 03-Feb-23 06:25:57

Good morning from a dark, dry e Kent.
I had a busy day yesterday. Spanish class (not too hard this week), tea with a friend, taking papers to the solicitor, assembling my patchwork and making dinner.
I was gobsmacked to receive an email bill from the Guildhall, venue for DH’s wake. I hadn’t paid but assumed that some kind anonymous person had done the honours. No, they had been “short staffed” and remembered 7 months later. They aren’t even sure if I have paid or not!
I have the purchaser’s surveyor visiting around 0830. The DGS is coming this evening, bless him. At 18, I don’t expect him to visit his old grandma…. I am the only person in the world allowed to hug him, not even his beloved mother! 🤣
MD, I hope the hospital is getting to the bottom of your symptoms and needs, and you can watch wall-to-wall Turkish soaps from your bed!
I hope today treats you kindly. Carpe diem 🦩🦩🦩🦩

Ashcombe Fri 03-Feb-23 06:32:42

Good morning from a cloudy Sarthe.

I’m glad many of you enjoyed the sunset pictures yesterday and the difference in colour between those and grandMattie’s was striking!

Our soak away is giving problems (I’ll spare you the details!!) so we have a man coming to dig it out and clear the ….. er……. blockage this afternoon. The joys of rural living…!

Enjoy whatever your day brings and I hope Marydoll managed to sleep last night. 🦩🥰🦩💐🦩

Whitewavemark2 Fri 03-Feb-23 07:08:42

Good morning from the South Downs, which is a mild 8c.

Yesterday I made a start on my bees and butterfly bed - weeded , pruned 4 clematis and have begun to mulch and the bark it, but it is taking longer than I expected so will continue with that today.

Have been invited to my sisters this evening to eat and we are going to sort out photos stored at my sisters that we collected from mums after she died 3😮 years ago. Mum was very good at purloining stuff she fancied, and there are quite a few of my children as babies that we took but which mum decided that her need was greater than ours. Be nice to have them back and assemble them into an album. There are also diaries of my favourite aunt that I inherited and mum “borrowed” I will re-read them with great pleasure. Diaries of a Cornish lady🙂.

Just made tea so will enjoy that before trogging out with the dog. He suffers from in growing hairs between his paws which blow up in great discomfort and then burst, which one did yesterday. He has a big hole now after I cleaned it up but at least he can walk ok now.

Have a magnificent day everyone.

kittylester Fri 03-Feb-23 07:13:05

Good morning all from a still dark North Leicestershire where the temperature is 9°.

I need to go to the butcher this morning and also to Waitrose for the bits that were missing from my Sainsbury's order.

DH is preparing to ring the gp at 7.55. He needs a blood test before his next hospital appointment.

We are then going to continue the hunt for a new kitchen.

Grandmadinosaur Fri 03-Feb-23 07:13:23

Good morning all from a very mild 10 degrees East Yorkshire.

Didn’t get a lot done yesterday due to workmen being here in the morning
and power being off for a while. A trip to buy more cleaning stuff, black bags etc after lunch. Then a coffee out before collecting GS from school.

Today I’ll do a bit more sorting and await a parcel delivery.

Hoping Marydoll is being a model patient and that they coming up with some answers for her 💐

SunshineSally Fri 03-Feb-23 07:18:07

Good morning Mick and all from a brightening south Hants.
Ashcombe - I hope the er blockage is quickly and easily eliminated!
We had a lovely evening as DH and I were invited to our neighbours house for dinner, along with another couple. As I was charged with making dessert I made a banoffee pie. I had also made a pavlova - but it hadn’t behaved itself - so I left it weeping in the oven! I shall look again at it again to see if it’s salvageable - even for Eton Mess.
DH is planning on going fishing today so I’ll be dog walking solo today. Not sure if I’ve got GDs today or not so DDog may have to wait if they turn up early!
Have the best day you can - good luck to those with medical appointment. Thinking of those that are poorly and low in spirits 🦩🦩. Marydoll I hope there is some news for you and a workable plan that you’re happy with.
🤗 and 🌻 for you all x

Marydoll Fri 03-Feb-23 07:25:58

Good morning all from my room in the sky.

We had a bit of a drama during the night, when I had a heart episode on my way back from the loo.
I'm feeling a bit rough this morning, to say the least.
Fortunately, I was the right place!

Lovely staff and my hotel room, complete with bed socks, provided by a kindly nurse, mean that my stay has been pleasant. DS brought flowers last night, ( not allowed), but a lovely nurse found a vase for them.
A video call from Dollie also helped keep my spirits up. At one point she said: ^ I miss my gran, I would do anything for my gran.^ 😇

Being a cardiology ward, it is so calm and quiet. The last time in HDU , I was in a mixed ward and got very little sleep.
More tests today, because although they know something is wrong, the tests are inconclusive. It looks as if I'm going nowhere soon. Life is never simple for me. #everthedrama queen!

Poor DH is a bit stressed with it all. I suggested that he did not try to park at the hospital, but at Braehead Mall instead. Did he listen? He spent half an hour circling the hospital car park, gave up and went to Braehead. I was becoming quite stressed, when he didn't appear and I hadn't heard from him. Apparently he got a telling off from the children. 😄
DS said that it was a lesson for DH. It proves I am always right!

Thank you for all your kind wishes yesterday.
Sending best wishes to all who are poorly and for those with plans, enjoy.

Urmstongran Fri 03-Feb-23 07:27:24

Here’s Matt.

Good morning everyone from south Manchester. It’s dark and dry here too Mick. Goodness, that late bill smacks of inefficiency grandMattie no wonder you were surprised to receive it! Whitewave my mum was a bit of a magpie too. If I had anything she really liked or if the Yorkshire Lass did, she either wanted ‘one the same’ if it was available in the shops or, better still in her eyes, if we wanted to see her delight when we said ‘aw, you can have it mum!’. She appropriated a lovely little holiday bag from me and said over the years on our annual Ibiza week ‘you can have it back when I’m gone’. I was sad to be honest when I got it back again and think of her everyday I use it when I’m in Málaga.

We have no plans today but will just see how the day unfolds. I hope you enjoyed ‘Tár’ yesterday BlueSapphire as I’ve arranged to see it with a friend next Tuesday.
😊

Enjoy Friday all who can - thoughts are with you Marydoll hoping you have good news to share today.

cornergran Fri 03-Feb-23 07:28:31

Morning Mick, morning All. Our corner of Somerset is forecast another cloudy, windy day.

Thanks to an audiology visit Mr C can now head me again. A mixed blessing for him I’m sure. The hunt for flooring continued, a couple of phone calls and the day disappeared. . Today I really must tidy and organise ready for family visits at the weekend, need to shop to accommodate their likes and dislikes. How did they get so fussy?

Hope you had a decent night marydoll, thinking of you and everyone finding life hard going.

cornergran Fri 03-Feb-23 07:31:49

X posts marydoll. Mr C would have been exactly the same with the parking. Frustrating isn’t it? Sorry you had an interrupted night, hope today brings some rest and a step towards a plan for you.

ginny Fri 03-Feb-23 07:34:52

Good morning.
An early for us today. DD3 and family are moving house today. They are moving from about6 miles away to our small town and will be about 1/2 a mile away. We shall be on child care and catering duties.
DD1 will be over later to help out . DD2 is away or we would have the full complement. Hopefully the weather will stay dry.
Wishing all the best day possible .

Beechnut Fri 03-Feb-23 07:37:14

Good Morning everyone from Severnside. The sky is grey, pink and blue.

Yesterday I was dithering about whether to go to Hobbycraft and John Lewis either today or Monday. I’ve made the decision to go today because I know come Monday I will put it off again. Trying not to do any food shopping for as long as possible and eat the things I have in the freezer. I’ll probably end up like Mother Hubbard.

Have a good day all 🪷

grandMattie Fri 03-Feb-23 07:37:46

DH would have been the opposite, re. Hospital Parking…. He’d find a free space then either walk miles or take the bus!

Urmstongran Fri 03-Feb-23 07:40:28

X posts Marydoll! Better to be a ‘bit of a mystery’ than definitively poorly with something I think?

Pittcity Fri 03-Feb-23 07:48:34

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Another mild, dry day.
I awoke to a message from my Dad telling me of the death of an elderly family member. Expected but sad nonetheless.
My walk today is into the City centre (10 minute walk) for a few bits. DH is expecting a delivery of 2 shed doors and he'll be waiting in for a change.
Love to all 🦩 x

dragonfly46 Fri 03-Feb-23 07:48:59

Good morning from Leicestershire. When I woke the sky was a deep pink with scurrying clouds but now it is completely overcast.

Quick pop to Sainsburys to buy a few things to take south on Sunday.
Must also work out how to reset the tyre gage on the car which came on in the very cold weather.

Pleased to hear they are looking after you Marydoll and hope they can find some treatment to get you up and running again!
Thinking of those who are worried or poorly.

karmalady Fri 03-Feb-23 08:10:59

Good morning, I do hope the forecast for s somerset is correct. Blue skies and sun today and my big long wash is almost done, I have to trust the forecast even though the ground is wet

MD, we are on tenterhooks with you, waiting for good news

Ash we used to have a cesspit, it filled up every two weeks with rainwater in winter, cost us a fortune to have emptied and a whole lot of worry, when interest rates were high and we were young with small children. I still give thanks for the problems I no longer have, I appreciate the mains drainage, mains gas and a water supply

Pattern cutting yesterday, I was getting into a mathematical tizz but woke up with the solution

I hope you all end the day on a happy note

Grammaretto Fri 03-Feb-23 08:15:21

Good morning all from the Scottish Borders.
No sign of the sun.
A long walk with U3A yesterday over the Border hills. Later I was at ceilidh dancing - all on the same day! I tried to rest in between but my df who is trying to help me declutter, came round and I had a Gaelic class on zoom.
Today I'm volunteering at the community store.
Retirement does not equal rest.

I am glad the hospital conditions are good enough smile Marydoll and your own condition can be stabilised.

That was a nasty sting in the tail gMattie.
Here are some snowdrops from yesterday's walk. Flur beag geal or little white flowers in Gaelic. Daffodils are the plant with the bent head

Susan56 Fri 03-Feb-23 08:16:21

Good morning from Shropshire.

Another childcare day today.H arrived early and we were still in bed😴A day of playing with his train set, Lego and kinetic sand then school pick up for Miss M at 3.15.

I went to collect my new glasses yesterday and couldn’t see a thing through them🤦🏼‍♀️Hopefully they will be ready with the correct lenses next week.

Thoughts with Marydoll and all unwell.Also thinking of our missing good morning friends and hoping all is well.

Have the best day you can everyone🦩

harrigran Fri 03-Feb-23 08:16:24

Good morning from the NE where it is 9 degrees, dry and hopefully not so windy.
Had a lazy day yesterday, watched a four part recorded TV series and some sundry soaps. I didn't even cook a proper meal just had some left over roast beef with vegetables.
Had a message from GD to say she drove all the way home from her lesson yesterday, only her second driving lesson so she is progressing well. I bet I know what she wants for her birthday this year.
Thinking of poorly people and those with worries.

Stilllearning Fri 03-Feb-23 08:17:46

Morning from S Lanarkshire, still quite dark and the roads sound wet.

A nice lunch yesterday with friends, everyone turned up including one of our number who broke bones in her neck in a fall about 18 months ago. She spent months in hospital and is in constant pain/discomfort and always decides on the day whether she is up to coming. It was good to see her, she is a trouper.

I was really impressed with your painting Grandmabatty, a lovely talent to have.

A day at home for me now and very pleased I am too, much work needing done! A walk to mass and the fish shop first and then a list to be tackled. I hope a lot ticked off before I sign on here again😊, I am the world’s worst procrastinator.

Wishing everyone a good day🦩

Gingster Fri 03-Feb-23 08:19:10

Good morning all and it’s a bit milder , dry and bright here in Essex.

Today we are lunching with our usual Friday pub gang but going further afield to Tiptree (home of the famous jams).
One of our group lives there and he always travels to us so we’re saving him a journey today and eating in a recommended country pub.

Had a phone call from db1 to say he had a funny turn on his weekly walk with friends. They said he was walking strangely and then he fell. No other symptoms but dialled 111 when he got home and the paramedics arrived 20 minutes later 😳. Couldn’t find anything obvious but told him to see his GP.
Next day got an appointment 😳 and had lots of tests - may have had a TIA. He’s now waiting to have a scan. He’s 10 years older than me but very fit with lots of energy. Let’s hope it’s nothing untoward! 🙏. Good service from the NHS! 😳👍.

I wouldn’t rush to pay that ‘Wake’ bill, GM - sounds as if they don’t know what they’re doing! Not very professional.

Marydoll you sound comfy enough and are being well looked after. Enjoy the peace and relax , knowing you’re in the right place 💐.

Ash I hope your er blockage can be sorted quickly! 🤞

Hope all your days are ‘good’ ones. 😉

Stilllearning Fri 03-Feb-23 08:19:32

💐Marydoll