Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday 8th February 2023

(61 Posts)
Michael12 Wed 08-Feb-23 05:52:55

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dry but cold outside here in brackley .
I may go to local supermarket for a small shop later this morning, as the cold air does not seem to to agree with me with my condition .
Track cycling on TV later see how GB do.
Take Care,
Mick

grandMattie Wed 08-Feb-23 06:05:35

Good morning from a clear, moonlit E Kent. I suspect it will be as cold and frosty as yesterday. Lovely day though.
I’m going to ask a friend to take me to the minor injury clinic in Deal, as I have a terrible attack of conjunctivitis and I don’t think I have a snowball’s chance of seeing a GP.
I finished the quilt first thing yesterday and hope to give it to Philip’s girlfriend sometime soon.
Don’t know I’ll be doing today - depends on the eyes.
Carpe diem, dear friends. 🦩🦩🦩🦩🦩

Susan56 Wed 08-Feb-23 06:28:13

Good morning from Shropshire.

The quilt is beautiful grandMattie.

You should be able to get help from a pharmacist for your conjunctivitis under the minor ailments scheme to save you waiting at the minor injury clinic.

Today we are going over to Cheshire to see my mum.We have booked a table at her favourite Italian restaurant for lunch.If she feels up to it we will do some shopping and then visit my dad’s grave.

Have the best day you can everyone🦩

Ashcombe Wed 08-Feb-23 06:38:39

Good morning from a chilly Sarthe at minus three!

What a beautiful quilt, grandMattie! Sorry to hear about the conjunctivitis - it’s possible that your optician could treat you for that from what mine told me a while ago. Would that be more convenient?

Do wrap up warmly, Mick, if venturing out.

We’re planning to visit Le Mans today. I love the old part - Vieux Mans - but I expect we shall be mostly in the warmth of the mall which includes a large branch of Auchan.

Enjoy your day out, Susan56, and I hope the visit to the dentist wasn’t as bad as you feared.

Take care and happy hump day! 🦩💐🦩🥰🦩

Susan56 Wed 08-Feb-23 06:41:08

Thank you Ash.The dental appointment went well.The tooth was repaired with no injections or drilling🥳It’s never as bad as I think it will be but I still get myself worked up every time😩

kittylester Wed 08-Feb-23 06:44:40

Good morning from a very chilly North Leicestershire. Alexa tells me that the temperature is 0°.

Our gardener is coming today and will hopefully clear our top bed and do a planting plan.

I have a hair appointment at lunchtime and will have to race home as we have a kitchen planner coming this afternoon - exciting and scary!!

I was going to suggest seeing a pharmacist Mattie - much easier. Love the quilt.

Have the best day possible everyone!

Ashcombe Wed 08-Feb-23 06:47:51

Pleased to hear your positive report on the dentist, Susan56. Possibly painful for your pocket?!

DH thinks it’s too cold for Le Mans today. He hasn’t slept well either so an indoor day, sorting his (very muddled!!) paperwork beckons. 🙄

Susan56 Wed 08-Feb-23 06:51:28

I pay monthly for Denplan Ash so not too bad.

BlueSapphire Wed 08-Feb-23 06:53:12

Good morning everyone from a very frosty Northampton, -3° outside at the moment. Up early because I am planning on a day in Milton Keynes, and I need to get an early bus into town first. Got up and thought "the house feels warm"; I had forgotten to turn the thermostat down before going to bed last night.

Dental appointment went well yesterday; like Susan, no injection, no drilling, and it was all done painfree, in about 10 minutes.

Enjoyed a lovely health walk after lunch in glorious sunshine, then home to my slow cooker Bolognese for dinner. Have just put the remaining three portions in the freezer.

What a beautiful quilt, grandMattie, clever lady. Hope your eye gets sorted today.

Still no sign of my necklace, ah well...........

May Wednesday be kind to us all.

Whitewavemark2 Wed 08-Feb-23 07:00:07

Good morning from a chilly South Downs. Heating doesn’t come on until 7am and the bedroom feels decidedly cold this morning, but a bright sparkling day is forecast with full sun all day. I shall be sunbathing in the conservatory later.

Ceiling man coming today hoorah! Stuff due from storage next Tuesday - double hoorah.

I shall carry on mulching, weeding and feeding. An Algerian winter iris has got rather large, so I shall wait for it to finish flowering and split it. The flowers are gorgeous and the scent delightful, so it is worth looking after. I need more cyclamen Coum as they look so pretty with the snowdrops.

Like the quilt gm a nice gift.

Well must just drink my tea and get up for our early morning constitutional.

Have a good day folks.

GrannyGravy13 Wed 08-Feb-23 07:01:47

Morning all

Beautiful quilt grandMattie you are such a talented needlewomen. I would definitely see your local pharmacist, DH had conjunctivitis the other week and the pharmacist sorted him out.

Just about to wake up the 7yr old, then I shall cook his breakfast and prepare his packed lunch for school. He was excited going to bed last night as it’s his birthday party after school (laser tag) It’s not his birthday until Saturday, I think he will be bouncing until then.

Pleased your dentist visit was ok Susan56 I sympathise as I am dental phobic also.

Jane a good day folks 🙋‍♀️🦩

grandMattie Wed 08-Feb-23 07:05:33

Went to the pharmacist yesterday who told me to see a doctor! Opticians are too far for me to cope with driving.

grandMattie Wed 08-Feb-23 07:07:32

Oh, and the minor injury clinics are very quiet round here

brook2704 Wed 08-Feb-23 07:08:50

Good morning everyone from a very breezy Inverness where it’s still dark but I can hear the wind howling
What a beautiful quilt gMattie love the pattern, you’re so talented. Hope you get something for the conjunctivitis easily today.
As earlyish start today as we’ve got DGD here just now after she stayed over last night. We’ve just got to drop her off at school later then we’re sorted. I’ll then be off to the gym for a bit and then a quiet and lazy afternoon is planned!.
Thinking of everyone with worries and struggles, hope today is gentle and take care all whatever the day brings 💐

SunshineSally Wed 08-Feb-23 07:20:46

Good morning Mick and all from a cold south Hants where I’m snuggly and toasty and still in bed - but not for long!

Beautiful quilt grandMattie - gosh you’re a lady of many talents, I’m in awe. Conjunctivitis is so horrid - I so hope you’re able to get some treatment either from MIU or your pharmacist.

kittylester - ooh exciting and busy day for you ahead. Hope it all goes well.

Glad the dentist appointments went well for you both Susan (have a lovely day with your mum) and BlueSapphire ( I so hope your necklace turns up).

Didn’t see anything we liked yesterday whilst sofa hunting so the search continues. We have GDs this afternoon and for tea and DH is taking his DF for a skin biopsy at their local hospital.

Hope you’re all able to have a good day with some smiles and laughter. Thinking of those that are poorly and are low in spirit 🦩🦩
🤗 and 🌻🌻 for you all x

Grandmachrisy47 Wed 08-Feb-23 07:22:41

Beautiful quilt GM. I had conjunctivitis a few weeks ago, the pharmacist gave me Optrex antibiotic eye drops and I had to use them for 5 days. They worked well.
I may be off to our nearest Urgent Care with my df. She has a knee problem which has got no better in the 2 weeks since she saw her GP. She is struggling to get an appointment at the surgery despite ringing early and waiting in a queue only to be told ‘no appointments left’.
Hope all is well with everyone.

baubles Wed 08-Feb-23 07:27:02

Good morning all from cloudy South Lanarkshire.

Such a beautiful quilt gM, I wish I had a fraction of your talent.

Work today and my back is still sore so I’ll have to take things slowly. It’s the worst timing as I’m covering for annual leave this week and next.

Wishing everyone the best possible day with a virtual hug for those in need.

karmalady Wed 08-Feb-23 07:29:54

good morning, s somerset, red sky and fog coming all day, to block out the sun, similar to yesterday. -4 and my room is still warm from stove output

Lovely quilt. Eyes, so very important. I remember the day I had my first batch of eye floaters and realised that my vision would never be clear again, although the brain compensates somewhat

Sewing for me today, two warm tops cut out yesterday. I do love my dedicated sewing room, the radio, the ambience, the low window with its view over higgeldy back gardens and low sloping red roof tops on old cottages

I want to sow a few tomato seeds this week and for the first time ever, I may get myself a small, not large, bag of sowing compost

All the best for today, all of you

cornergran Wed 08-Feb-23 07:30:27

Morning Mick, morning All from a frosty corner of Somerset. Apparently-2 outside, our bedroom temperature is 14degrees. I’m not stirring until the heating switches on very soon.

The least said about the frustrations of our budget meeting yesterday the better. Mr C’s telephone appointment from the hospital helped in our understanding of the next day ward procedure on 18th. Fortunately he was happy for me to speak for him with the phone in speaker mode as the accent of the caller was too much for him. Other than receive the grocery order we did little else.

Dust removal this morning then out for some air if energy remains. It looks like it’s our last sunny day for a while. Shame not to make the most of it. Also need to change a hair appointment which now clashes with a day out at a hospital in our nearest city for me.

Conjunctivitis is very unpleasant grandmattie, I hope you can get help today. As it’s staffed by nurses our nearest minor injuries unit wouldn’t help, they remove foreign bodies but won’t treat conjunctivitis. Advice is a GP. Perhaps yours operates differently.

Take care everyone. Hope Wednesday is kind to us all.

monk08 Wed 08-Feb-23 07:35:24

Good morning all from once again a cold frosty Black country, although a bit warmer only -2°.
Beautiful quilt GM and I do hope you get your eye sorted.
Nursery pick up today and then we have a carvery booked for later, they keep sending 50% discounts it would be a shame not to use them.
Enjoy your day everyone whatever your plans and may you all find some ☀️.

Pittcity Wed 08-Feb-23 07:43:06

Good morning from a frosty and foggy Colchester. Forecast to be cold, but bright and dry today.
I'll wrap up and walk the 10 minutes to our weekly coffee meetup. We need a grocery shop this afternoon as supplies are low.
Love to all 🦩 x

Gingster Wed 08-Feb-23 07:44:56

Good morning all and it’s another frosty one here in Essex.

We’re off to Southend Hospital at lunchtime for DH’s appointment with the neurologist . It’s been a long time coming.

Eldest gd messaged yesterday to say she has been successful in securing a job from next January , in a psychiatric hospital near her university in southampton. She completes her degree this summer, as a mental health nurse. Very proud!

I hope you all have a ‘good’ day and keep warm.

GrannyGravy13 Wed 08-Feb-23 07:47:27

Whilst eating his egg and bacon sandwich the 7yr old and I were listening to a news discussion on whether or not God was a man and should he now be ^gender neutral.

My darling boy pronounced of course God is a man, he made Mary pregnant, only men can do that

So that’s my start to the day, sex and theology discussions with a nearly 8yr old 🤣🤣🙋‍♀️🙋‍♀️

Ladyleftfieldlover Wed 08-Feb-23 07:52:28

Morning all from West Oxfordshire. What a beautiful quilt GM.
I am going to a funeral at lunchtime. A lovely lady from WI who was in her 80s. I also knew her from my old church where she played the organ. This evening is the Local History Society. Not sure what the topic is. Have a good day.

Grandmabatty Wed 08-Feb-23 07:57:57

Good morning all from Polmont where it's currently 6° and cloudy. Grandmattie your quilt is beautiful. I hope you can get your eyes sorted as conjunctivitis is horrible. Susan enjoy your lunch. Gingster well done to your dgd!
Yesterday was not an easy one as dgs2 was unwell. He suffers from constipation, poor wee man, and things were a struggle for him. He also has a bad cough which might be a virus or teething. So he wasn't a happy chappy at all. After I dropped off both boys, I dozed most of the evening.
Today I'm off to the crematorium with flowers. It is the birthday of my friend's mum and I knew she would be upset she couldn't take flowers herself, so I said I would do it. She was released from hospital yesterday, so I'll call in later for a coffee and a blether. Then a quiet afternoon ahead. I want to make a vegetable quiche so that'll be my dinner later. ( If it turns out) Have a good day all.