Gransnet forums

Chat

Soop's warm and welcoming kitchen for kindly folk...

(1001 Posts)
soop Tue 14-Mar-23 14:25:17

Here we are again
Happy as we can possibly be
ALL GOOD Friends
And jolly good company.

Welcome. smile flowers brew wine cupcake

cornergran Tue 14-Mar-23 19:56:19

Gentle hugs to minibaggs and to her Mum who is doubtlessly concerned for her daughter.

Grandmabatty Tue 14-Mar-23 20:12:23

Evening Kitcheners. Thank you all for the hugs. My friend is still here - just. I came home to eat and recharge my phone and myself. I'll go back tomorrow morning. The hospice nurse was in this afternoon and gave us advice. I'm exhausted so off to bed shortly.

BlueBalou Tue 14-Mar-23 20:18:39

Blooming heck! I am really yonks behind….
Thinking of you and your dear friend Grandmabatty , such a poignant and difficult time for you 🤗
I hope MiniBaggs is getting the support she needs, what a horrible time for her (and you too of course Baggs), bless her.
Soop apologies for not keeping up, I do read as often as I can but I seem to lack concentration, my mind’s like a grasshopper!
I hope poor MrSoop is feeling less battered, dear man 🤗
I have had a wonderful weekend on a residential watercolour painting weekend; I was for the first time in ages actually pleased with my efforts. It was a lovely group of ladies, some very talented, so hopefully will all meet again at the next course 🤞🏻
Apart from that nothing much happening except I seem to be waiting for updates on when a new patio is being laid/new fencing erected/bookcases built…..am getting impatient!
Lots of spring flowers emerging so maybe Spring has sprung!

annsixty Tue 14-Mar-23 20:18:56

We have just had one of the best fireworks display I have seen.
It lasted about 20 minutes and must have cost a lot of money.
I have no idea what is for, it appeared to be in the park which is a few hundred yards in front of my house.
Molly was sitting in her favourite place , looking through the front window when the first one was lit, she jumped down, it was so loud but I was lucky enough to see all the rest.
It was fantastic, a real treat.

kittylester Tue 14-Mar-23 21:06:21

Thank you to whoever left the trail of corks to the new kitchen

We are in the process of having a new kitchen, soop - would you pop round and design ours?

baggs ((((hugs)))) and also to minibags. It must be traumatising for her.

Blossoming Tue 14-Mar-23 21:31:00

Early night for me, just popping back to share a virtual group hug for us all, with extra hugs for Bagga, Minibaggs and Grandmabatty.

Naughtyneine Wed 15-Mar-23 09:12:07

Warm croissants and home made jam on the side for anyone who pops in early.
Soop...Mr Soop looked like the TV Mr Bennett (Pride and Prejudice, Alison Stedman played Mrs Bennett wonderfully). I'm glad he's healing now and your nerves are less frazzled. A lovely picture too.
Grandmabatty.... Sending you strength at this sad time. May your dear friend pass peacefully from this world knowing how loved she was..
Baggs and Minibaggs.... We are all sending our love and hugs to you both.
Urms... Your words summed up this special place.
The Grannies meet up sounds brilliant.. do any of you other ladies in other parts meet up?
I'm having a treatment this morning...it's a sort of lymphatic drainage and electric pulsing thing. I'm hoping that it will help me stop walking like Miss Piggy !!!. It knocked me for six last time for 36 hours but did feel better
afterwards so fingers crossed for the same this time.

GrannyGravy13 Wed 15-Mar-23 10:03:21

(((Hugs))) to MiniBaggs she is lucky to have a caring Mum in our Baggs 🌸🌸🌸

Blossoming Wed 15-Mar-23 11:04:40

The croissants look delicious Neine, I’m going to have to google that procedure now! Hope it goes well.

Blossoming Wed 15-Mar-23 11:06:13

P.s, I walk like a “Thunderbirds” puppet when I’m having a wonky day grin

Jaxjacky Wed 15-Mar-23 11:43:05

A late catch up from me. We got soaked from sleet yesterday in Cheltenham, today is colder, more rain due later.
Hugs to Minibaggs.
A special gift from you Gbatty to share precious last moments with your friend, take care of you too.
Hoping you get your relief corner, soon as.
ttfn.

soop Wed 15-Mar-23 12:05:43

Baggs We two are sending healing, comforting hugs to MiniBaggs at this sorrowful time.
We look forward to meeting with you soon. It's been far too long since we last enjoyed your company.

soop Wed 15-Mar-23 12:13:53

BlueBalou Apologies not needed. I also have difficulty keeping up with our lovely lot. I am very much slower in every department. However, our kitchen remains a haven of peace and good will. A blessing in a world of buggerations.

soop Wed 15-Mar-23 12:16:40

Urms Thank you for your lovely tribute to our kitchen. It is the people who care and share that make it special. flowers

hulahoop Wed 15-Mar-23 15:16:14

((hugs ))to Baggs and mini bags.It's a lovely thing you are doing for your friend .I sat with lots of people when a nurse ,nobody should be alone if it can be avoided.

Grannmarie Wed 15-Mar-23 15:20:31

Thinking of Grandmabatty and her dear friend. 💕💕

Kind thoughts and cuddles to all who need/ wish them.

soop Wed 15-Mar-23 17:03:37

It has been a fruitful day. I am slowly but surely catching up with jobs aboot the hoos.

Raining and breezy. No snow! Family in England have a lion's share.

Grandmabatty flowers

Until tomorrow. I am sending my love across the miles, especially to our friends who are experiencing sadness or ill health.

smile moon

Ladyleftfieldlover Wed 15-Mar-23 17:29:54

Hello everyone. I hope your day is going well. I had the most enormous lunch (U3A group) and now I’m exhausted! The starter was a bizarre mix of a savoury doughnut and cream cheese, but delicious. My steak was perfect and was served with potatoes dauphinois, sweet corn and broccoli. My pudding was a selection of chocolate things - mousse, ice-cream, shavings and large rolls of chocolate. It is the WI AGM tonight so I must be on the ball - I have two reports to read out. Eek. I suppose coffee might perk me up?smile

GrannyGravy13 Wed 15-Mar-23 17:44:18

I didn’t get my ironing done as planned, that has now been put on tomorrow’s to do list 🤣🤣

DH is off out to a meeting so he is currently cooking himself a pizza, I have got out a cottage pie for me (I batch cook every so often) which I will have with lots of green veggies.

A quiet night in with the TV remote beckons.

Nightie Night Folks

brook2704 Wed 15-Mar-23 19:49:31

Llfl your food always sounds amazing and so delicious, whether you’ve made it yourself or eating out! Hope the AGM this evening goes well
Just in from another gorgeous day here, lots of walking and enjoying the sunshine. We’re off to Almeria tomorrow for the last bit of our adventure before travelling home next week
Thinking of grandmabatty and her dear friend 💐

kittylester Wed 15-Mar-23 21:12:11

I'd like to send love and strength to both batty and her friend.

Urmstongran Wed 15-Mar-23 21:22:18

‘Evening All’.

I’ve had a busy day with one thing and another. My thoughts are with you Grandmabatty.
x

Urmstongran Wed 15-Mar-23 21:23:21

I’m tired, I even forgot Dixon!

dragonfly46 Wed 15-Mar-23 21:29:31

My thoughts too are with Grandmabatty.

annsixty Wed 15-Mar-23 21:29:41

Love and strength to Grandmabatty
I have been to Specsavers today.
Not really what I wanted to hear.
My left eye is almost totally scarred behind with MD , for the first time I have a balanced lens in my new glasses which means it has the weight and appearance of the other one but does nothing else.
My right eye is showing signs of the same disease and I am now on 6 monthly checkups with advice to see the consultant at the first sign of any change.
However the cataracts are at very early stage so that is good.
My general health is good in every other respect so I will count my blessings.
Kindest good thoughts to everyone who is under the weather and those caring for them.
Special kindness to Baggs young D who is coping with things most people would find so very hard.
Thought also go to the parents and family of the student who lost her life.
Some of us have no idea of the suffering of others.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion