Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday 16th March 2023

(58 Posts)
Michael12 Thu 16-Mar-23 05:58:45

Good Morning Everyone,
Its twilight here in brackley but wet outside with cloud.
Yesterday , I had a phone call as to my surgery at the Churchill in Oxford .
They are going to operate on Monday it will be keyhole surgery , and all I have to do now apart from packing a suitcase again is get an admission time.
They operate on the day as well.
More later,
Take Care,
Mick

EkwaNimitee Thu 16-Mar-23 09:06:45

Good morning Mick, good to see you have a date for the op, and hello everyone. Carlisle is damp today, it will be wet all week I believe.
I had a poor night, plagued for the second night running with a flare up of acid indigestion. Bizarrely, it seems to have been brought on by my gardening efforts 2 days ago which were more strenuous than expected. It's happened before.
Today will therefore be gentle. I may or may not feel up to attending a U3A talk. I've started a new book though it's a bit of a pot boiler, another freebie on the Kindle.

I used Tools for Self Reliance to pass on DH's quality woodworking tools. I visited their refurbishment centre where the guys work their magic. Wonderful results, the tools looked like new. Apparently the Africans prefer them to cheap Chinese imports as they are better quality. They aren't given them, they pay a low price, preserves peoples dignity that way.

I hope all goes as well as possible with your sister abitbarmy, it's a lot to take in, getting news like that.
And best wishes to all the poorlies out there.

Have a good day everyone

Marydoll Thu 16-Mar-23 09:10:13

Gingster

Marydoll How long does it take for steroids to get out of your system? Did you feel poorly for long?

Gingster, I have on and off them for all my adult life.

I had blinding headaches and painful joints.
Unfortunately they had been masking my RA for years and much of the pain was due to it flaring up and I didn't even know I had RA.

As a result, I had to be weaned off them on reduced doses over a number of weeks.
However, I usually felt like a new woman after they wore off.
I'm sure things will improve in that area for your daughter. Hang on in there!

Steroids are a necessary evil. I nearly died, six weeks after I was married in 1977, they literally saved my life.
Unfortunately, like your daughter, I was unaware of the side effects. It would have helped me to cope better, if I had known, what to expect!
Many on here have experienced the same, you just get used to it and keep going in the knowledge they will help.

Gingster Thu 16-Mar-23 09:20:04

Thanks Marydoll it’s reassuring to know it’s normal. 💐

Marydoll Thu 16-Mar-23 09:25:22

I meant to say, I used to get withdrawal symptoms, not pleasant but normal and it soon passes.
Forewarned is forearmed.

Wyllow3 Thu 16-Mar-23 09:40:55

Morning from a grey S Yorks.

Glad to hear you have a date Mick and that is keyhole surgery.

GMattie you are doing so well on very emotional sorting.

I have an ultrasound late morning to check out strange large lump. Cross fingers and toes its a cyst or something. Didn't give me a brilliant night as have only recently had cancer bowel scare (but that was OK). May go to gym after especially if its good news just to hangout a bit in friends company

Abitbarmy all the very best for DS1.

BlueSapphire vicariously enjoying your SA trip.

Greyduster you know your own body better than the physio! good for you to sticking to what you know works.

Best with plumbers, dentists (I’ve still got a good NHS one - for now!) hairdressers, grandchildren and outings, and take care poorlies.

Blossoming Thu 16-Mar-23 10:42:42

Good morning everyone from Lancashire where it is mild 10°C and rainy.

I hope your surgery goes ahead and no problems Mick.

Best wishes to all with upcoming appointments, have a good day 🦩🦩🦩

Anniebach Thu 16-Mar-23 11:39:17

Good morning Auntyflo and all x