Gransnet forums

Chat

Jackie Lawson e-cards

(56 Posts)
Auntieflo Sat 18-Mar-23 11:53:32

I have been a subscribed member to this site for years and had no problems.
This year though, I try to send a card, get to where I choose "send by email etc"
and the site takes you back to a blank card. All written messages disappeared.
The FAQ's know that there is a problem, if using Safari on android, ios. and suggest perhaps using a different browser, or that you are short on memory.

But why has it only happened recently, to me any way?
Surely they could fix a known fault?
On trying to send a card, I have managed, after many, many, many, attempts, to suddenly get it to go through.

But, try to send another, and you are back to square one.
I am losing the will to live 😵‍💫

Lizbethann55 Thu 30-Mar-23 14:25:47

Thank you for your concern Caramme, but I am quite well. I was however very angry on behalf of all the people who send JL cards and the unkind and dismissive response with which they were received. Fortunately, as far as I am aware, none of the people I send them to are Gransnetters. I think the recipients are much kinder and will appreciate the thought.
The religious Easter ones are , in my humble opinion, quite lovely and I will be sending some this week.

Auntieflo Thu 30-Mar-23 16:28:25

Ali23, I just downloaded the App and sent my friend a note card.
All seemed to go smoothly, so thanks very much for that tip

Ali23 Thu 30-Mar-23 23:07:49

Brilliant!

LiverLover Thu 30-Mar-23 23:27:38

I was delighted to receive the JL e card that a friend sent to me. Far preferred it to the bits of card that cost a fortune to buy and then post and then create unnecessary clutter in the house. More eco friendly too.

Blinko Tue 11-Apr-23 12:05:04

Lizbethann55

There is a reply option. So you could reply with the following " dear x I have not opened your card. I do not intend to do so.. I really don't like it. I find it twee and silly. I do not care that you have sent it with affection and thought or that you have spent a considerable amount of time looking through them all to find one that you think I will like. I would much rather you spent your time travelling to the nearest shops, despite the cost of public transport or parking in order to go to a card shop and spend a great deal of time and money buying not only the card you are going to send me but all the other people you send Christmas / thanksgiving/ birthday cards to. I then want you to buy stamps for all those cards , at over £1.00 each, I am sure that won't be a problem. Then Write all those cards as i know you have nothing else to do as you work full time while raising a family. And then post them. Even though, even if Royal Mail aren't on strike, the card probably won't arrive on time. So that I can put the card on the mantlepiece for a few days before putting it in the recycling. I remain , yours truly"

Have you any idea just how ungrateful you all sound?

Spot on!